Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

vCash
    I didn't see this mentioned anywhere but the 2014 Nationals 6th place junior pair team of LeClaire/Mostert have split. As far as I know, neither are continuing in pairs.

vCash
    ^^^ Sorry to hear it, as LeClaire/Mostert were one of the very few ISU Junior age-eligible pairs in Canada, IIRC. It's too bad they weren't able to experience at least one JGP together.

Are both planning to continue in singles?
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Yes. Mostert is making the jump to Senior and LeClaire will compete Junior again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cant Skate View Post
    I didn't see this mentioned anywhere but the 2014 Nationals 6th place junior pair team of LeClaire/Mostert have split. As far as I know, neither are continuing in pairs.
    That's kind of a shocker with so much opportunity ahead of them. Without knowing the reason for the split, its too bad Mostert isn't continuing... It sucks losing another pairs boy and Kendra Digness is still on ice partner search looking for a partner and skates out of the same club! She lists her height at 5'3" so he would be tall enough for her. Oh well...sad really.

vCash
    Championnats québécois d'été will take place Aug. 7-10, 2014 in Pierrefonds, QC, and the top 2 junior pairs from 2014 Nationals (Grenier/Deschamps and Seguin/Bilodeau) are registered to compete - link to the skater list as of June 10 is posted in the Canadian summer comps thread in Kiss and Cry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4277703
    Jennyfer Richer-Labelle and Thierry Ferland (new pair?) are registered in Novice.

ETA:
    Two new pairs are registered to compete in Junior at the Philadelphia Summer Championships (formerly known as Liberty) in mid-July: Camille Ruest/Samuel Morais (coached by Annie Barabé and Maximin Coïa) and Hope McLean/Trennt Michaud (Scott Rachuk and Alison Purkiss).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-15-2014 at 11:34 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Championnats québécois d'été will take place Aug. 7-10, 2014 in Pierrefonds, QC, and the top 2 junior pairs from 2014 Nationals (Grenier/Deschamps and Seguin/Bilodeau) are registered to compete - link to the skater list as of June 10 is posted in the Canadian summer comps thread in Kiss and Cry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4277703
    Jennyfer Richer-Labelle and Thierry Ferland (new pair?) are registered in Novice.
    Yes, Jennyfer won pre-novice with Alexandre Cabana at Challenge last year and Theirry skated with Lori-Ann Matte and placed 5th in Novice at Nationals

vCash
    Two new pairs are registered to compete in Junior at the Philadelphia Summer Championships (formerly known as Liberty) in mid-July: Camille Ruest/Samuel Morais (coached by Annie Barabé and Maximin Coïa) and Hope McLean/Trennt Michaud (Scott Rachuk and Alison Purkiss).
    Thanks for the information.

That must mean that Julia Mercer/Samuel Morais have split. Had that information been posted previously?

Samuel is still perfecting the pairs tricks, and as far as I know Camille has never done pairs before. However, this new team could have very good long-term potential. With his experience as a singles skater he's a very strong jumper. With Julia, in the long-term the team was going to be limited by her jumping ability, which was never going to be strong enough to take them very far in the senior ranks. Camille is a much stronger jumper, so they could end up being a much better-matched team in terms of what they can accomplish technically.

It's good to see Trennt Michaud back at pairs, as well. I really liked him in his former partnership, with Judith Murtha-Anderson.

ETA: The Ruest/Morais pair is not JGP-eligible, because of his birthdate in 1992, but the McLean/Michaud partnership should be JGP-eligible.
    Last edited by geoskate; 06-16-2014 at 05:44 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    , and as far as I know Camille has never done pairs before.
    Camille competed in PreNovice pairs in 2010. I think I heard that she once skated with Sebastian Arcieri at one time too but can't find anything online to corroborate that.

vCash
    That must mean that Julia Mercer/Samuel Morais have split. Had that information been posted previously?
    I don't believe so.

Daniskates93 was the one who first posted on FSU about the new pair of McLean/Michaud back in early April (thanks for your info in post #226).

Quote Originally Posted by blademate View Post
    I don't think Simpson/Penasse have announced if they are skating for Canada or the US yet.
    Britney and Matthew will be competing in the U.S. - re-posting this news from the U.S. Pairs thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by insideedgeua View Post
    Matthew has made this official on his Facebook page now.

They plan to compete for USA.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-17-2014 at 01:51 AM.

vCash
    Championnats québécois d'été will take place Aug. 7-10, 2014 in Pierrefonds, QC...
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniskates93 View Post
    Yes, Jennyfer won pre-novice with Alexandre Cabana at Challenge last year and Theirry skated with Lori-Ann Matte and placed 5th in Novice at Nationals.
    CORRECTION: Matte/Ferland are still together and registered for Novice in the updated entry list dated June 15. Richer-Labelle's partner is not yet listed. Also registered for Novice Pairs:
    Justine Brasseur/Mathieu Ostiguy (new)
    Fanny Durand/TBA

Junior Pairs: Kassandra Trépanier/David-Alexandre Paradis.

vCash

It's good to see Trennt Michaud back at pairs, as well. I really liked him in his former partnership, with Judith Murtha-Anderson.

ETA: The Ruest/Morais pair is not JGP-eligible, because of his birthdate in 1992, but the McLean/Michaud partnership should be JGP-eligible.
    McLean is 14, Michaud is 17.

vCash
    Does anyone know which level the following are going to skate at this season:

Purich & Wolfe
    Rau & Arcieri
    Orr & Simpson

vCash
    If Purich has already competed senior at Canadians, is she allowed to drop down to junior? (assuming Drew Wolfe is her partner)

ETA: Rau (15) & Arcieri (20) have 1 year of ISU Junior eligibility left as a team; Orr (17) & Simpson (18) have 2 years left as a team.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-17-2014 at 09:59 PM.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Taylor Steele skated junior with a different partner after already skating senior at Canadians.

http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00012265.htm

vCash
    If Purich has already competed senior at Canadians, is she allowed to drop down to junior? (assuming Drew Wolfe is her partner)

ETA: Rau (15) & Arcieri (20) have 1 year of ISU Junior eligibility left as a team; Orr (17) & Simpson (18) have 2 years left as a team.
    Rau would be in the same boat as purich since she was sr last season with Shultz. Both girls can skate jr with their new partners if they choose to.

vCash
    Oops sorry, it just occurred to me you meant on the GP circuit and not at Nationals.

vCash
    Has Wesley Killing found a new partner yet?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Nothing I can find in the documentation prohibits a skater from going back and forth between junior and senior GP, as long as the skater is age-eligible. A skater can only do one level each season, now that Pairs no longer can do both juniors and seniors.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laceup View Post
    Rau would be in the same boat as purich since she was sr last season with Shultz. Both girls can skate jr with their new partners if they choose to.

Oops sorry, it just occurred to me you meant on the GP circuit and not at Nationals.
    I actually meant Canadian Nationals so thanks to danafan and you for replying.

FWIW, Wesley Killing last updated his IPS profile on June 5: http://icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=4845

ETA that Devon Stock (he was 7th in Novice Pairs at 2014 Canadians) updated his IPS profile on June 18: http://icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=4641
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-19-2014 at 04:08 AM.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    I'm pretty sure that Purich went back to the JGP already, having competed both JGP and SGP with Schultz (not in the same year) and back on the JGP the year she skated with Arcieri. Purich is already 19 though so isn't junior ISU eligible anymore.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast