Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cant Skate View Post
    I saw a picture on Facebook today of Matthew Penasse with Brittany Simpson in Colorado. Mind you, a picture of two people in a picture does not confirm a partnership but it does have me wondering! Does anyone have any info?
    I don't know anything (though Penasse is no longer listed on IPS, as was previously noted here), but I would be happy to see Britney Simpson skating pairs again! IF they are a new pair... Canada or USA?

ETA this 4/28 post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cant Skate View Post
    Just an observation but 3 guys previously on ice partner search have removed their bios....Matthew Pennasse, Wesley Killing and Eric Thiessen. Any news on new partnerships?
    Killing is listed on IPS again.

ETA #2 - here's a clip of Simpson/Penasse's throw 3S posted on his Instagram last week: http://instagram.com/p/nzRJOPwn-D/
    Throw 3Lo: http://instagram.com/p/n1F9ZpQn5B/ (he also has a photo with Britney in Feb. 2014)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-15-2014 at 08:38 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I've also since learned that Eric Thiessen has retired from competitive skating.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Skate Canada issued a press release today to announce the Purdy/Marinaro split. She's going to Western University, where she may compete on the varsity skating team, and he plans to continue with a new partner:

http://skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/NewsDe...S/Default.aspx
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Marinaro has been in KW this week, training with Moore-Towers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by million$momma View Post
    No surprise, but what a shame. I'd far rather see him stay with Rachuk and Purkiss. Also feel very bad for Purdy. I'm hoping university is a happy experience for her. She was a lovely skater and I really felt that she and Marinaro did a good job their last year on the jgp circuit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Skate Canada issued a press release today to announce the Purdy/Marinaro split. She's going to Western University, where she may compete on the varsity skating team, and he plans to continue with a new partner:

http://skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/NewsDe...S/Default.aspx
    OK remind me again, were these the pair that were really close in height?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by algonquin View Post
    OK remind me again, were these the pair that were really close in height?
    Yes. This was Purdy/Marinaro's 2013 Junior Worlds silver medal winning performance (3rd in FS): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5AZFGO2W00
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by million$momma View Post
    So I guess they're probably close to making an official announcement...?

vCash
    Count me as another that would like to see them with rackuck and purkiss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Yes. This was Purdy/Marinaro's 2013 Junior Worlds silver medal winning performance (3rd in FS): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5AZFGO2W00
    So, is Purdy tall or is Marinaro short?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by algonquin View Post
    So, is Purdy tall or is Marinaro short?
    Combination of the two. I'd say he's maybe 5'11 and she's close to 5'8 irl though their isu bio lists them as 5'11 1/2 and 5'5. I once heard a rumour that they had their skates modified to hide the lack of size difference but it came from Wirtz so who knows if it's true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfbg722 View Post
    Combination of the two. I'd say he's maybe 5'11 and she's close to 5'8 irl though their isu bio lists them as 5'11 1/2 and 5'5. I once heard a rumour that they had their skates modified to hide the lack of size difference but it came from Wirtz so who knows if it's true.
    She is definitely tall for a pair girl but certainly not 5'8. She is shorter than Purkiss who I would estimate to be about 5'7 at most so I think 5'5 or 5'6 is a truer height for Margaret. I think Marinaro is maybe 5'11 (no more than that though). They have often appeared to have less height difference when on the ice than when off the ice. I think that she has more extension in her back than he has when they skated so that may have accentuated the height difference, or lack of it! Also, how would Wirtz know about their skates??!! As you say, who know if that is true or not
    Last edited by laser; 05-29-2014 at 02:52 AM. Reason: typo

vCash
    Pretty sure that's true based on photos that i've seen/taken... you can tell by looking at the heels of the skates (Moir has lifts in his skate heels as well).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laser View Post
    She is definitely tall for a pair girl but certainly not 5'8. She is shorter than Purkiss who I would estimate to be about 5'7 at most so I think 5'5 or 5'6 is a truer height for Margaret. I think Marinaro is maybe 5'11 (no more than that though). They have often appeared to have less height difference when on the ice than when off the ice. I think that she has more extension in her back than he has when they skated so that may have accentuated the height difference, or lack of it! Also, how would Wirtz know about their skates??!! As you say, who know if that is true or not
    I'm basing my guess on having seen her in flats next to Marinaro at a WOS awards banquet. She was very close to his height. My eldest DD is 5'8 and I would put Purdy close to that. As for the skates, who knows? The skaters themselves may have said something to someone or perhaps Wirtz was able to recognize it as Daniskates93 said she can.

vCash
    Are there any new teams this year? Novice/junior levels?

vCash
    I have heard that there are a few new novice/junior pairs out of the Champion's Training Centre where Varley/Eby and O'Brien/Knoblauch train.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I don't know anything (though Penasse is no longer listed on IPS, as was previously noted here), but I would be happy to see Britney Simpson skating pairs again! IF they are a new pair... Canada or USA?

ETA this 4/28 post:

Killing is listed on IPS again.

ETA #2 - here's a clip of Simpson/Penasse's throw 3S posted on his Instagram last week: http://instagram.com/p/nzRJOPwn-D/
    Throw 3Lo: http://instagram.com/p/n1F9ZpQn5B/ (he also has a photo with Britney in Feb. 2014)

Out of ALL the new pairings I've read about thus far this *one* is the one that excites me thee most!!!

Their tryout video hooked me; I watched it over & over again. They're peeerfect for each other, a real PAIR team in all the ways that count in the same way that G&G were. Jmho.

GOOOOOOOOOOOO BRITNEY & MATTHEW!!!!

vCash
    So the updated list for senior pairs in Canada for the 14/15 season are:

Duhamel & Radford
    Jones & Reagan
    Seguin & Bilodeau
    Grenier & Deschamps
    Iliusheckkina & Moscovitch (depending on Lubov's release)
    Moore-Towers & Marinaro
    Simpson & Penasse

Are Purich & Wolfe skating juniors or seniors? Anyone else?

Just trying to keep up as I'm 99% sure I'm making the trip up with a friend to Kingston for Canadians this year and just was curious how many pair teams will be taking the ice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    So the updated list for senior pairs in Canada for the 14/15 season are:

Duhamel & Radford
    Jones & Reagan
    Seguin & Bilodeau
    Grenier & Deschamps
    Iliusheckkina & Moscovitch (depending on Lubov's release)
    Moore-Towers & Marinaro
    Simpson & Penasse

Are Purich & Wolfe skating juniors or seniors? Anyone else?

Just trying to keep up as I'm 99% sure I'm making the trip up with a friend to Kingston for Canadians this year and just was curious how many pair teams will be taking the ice.
    I don't think Simpson/Penasse have announced if they are skating for Canada or the US yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blademate View Post
    I don't think Simpson/Penasse have announced if they are skating for Canada or the US yet.
    Ok, so Simpson & Penasse then go on the "to be determined" list along with Castelli & Tran.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast