Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingluver View Post
    Swiegers announced their split and his "taking a year off" today on facebook.
    Here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/rudi.swiegers.7

vCash
    So right now there are only two teams that skated in seniors in January still together:

Duhamel & Radford
    Jones & Reagan, and that's a maybe as we haven't heard if they are still together

Skate Canada has its work cut out to get the senior pairs program going again. The next few months will be interesting to see who pops up at the big summer comps and how they are looking.

vCash
    Paige posted a message on her Instagram today that sounds like a good-bye/thank-you:

Thank you to #SkateSaskatchewan for organizing such a great Awards Banquet this weekend, and thank you for all of the support throughout the years!
    http://instagram.com/paigehlawrence

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookin in View Post
    KMT and Dylan split, KMT called Marinaro, Marinaro split with Purdy, Purdy went on a two week vacation to get her head around things (understandably devastated), KMT and Marinaro have been skating im Komoka for the past week or two.
    KMT and Marinaro have had a series of tryouts, a couple of which were in Komoka. KMT has more tryouts lined up with different people. Tryouts will continue into the next few weeks. A decision will not be made for several weeks.

vCash
    This is good to hear. I hope she gives Tran and Schultz a good tryout too. I know neither are as tall as Marinaro ( Schultz an inch shorter and Tran 2 inches shorter I believe) but they are both much smoother skaters and I think technically stronger. I really don't think all P/M issues were her size.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingluver View Post
    This is good to hear. I hope she gives Tran and Schultz a good tryout too. I know neither are as tall as Marinaro ( Schultz an inch shorter and Tran 2 inches shorter I believe) but they are both much smoother skaters and I think technically stronger. I really don't think all P/M issues were her size.
    Precisely why KMT should skate with Marinaro, she is not really a balletic, smooth skater type herself ala Narumi Takahashi. And IMO Schultz does not have the presence, she would look like the pro dragging the newby around the ice.

I truly think KMT needs to go for a bigger guy, just like Savchenko. The main thing she was lacking with Moscovitch was "big" tricks like the Russians and Chinese. I don't think either Tran or Schultz would be an improvement in that department, so then why not just stick it out with Dylan?

For what it's worth, say a tryout with Tran took place in Toronto.

vCash
    I don't think any of the available Cdn boys are an improvement over Moscovich to be honest. I guess all any of us can hope is that she pairs up with a partner who can get to his skill and performance level the quickest. I've always been told the older you get the harder it is to change your technique which is my concern about Marinaro. Anyway, I hope she ends up happy. I can't imagine any of these decisions have been easy for her to make.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blademate View Post
    For what it's worth, say a tryout with Tran took place in Toronto.
    Interesting. The way things had been reported here so far, it sounded like the pairing with Marinaro was a done deal. Apparently that is not the case?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8tingfan30 View Post
    KMT and Marinaro have had a series of tryouts, a couple of which were in Komoka. KMT has more tryouts lined up with different people. Tryouts will continue into the next few weeks. A decision will not be made for several weeks.
    Good to hear.

vCash
    Article on Seguin & Bilodeau from Bev Smith on the Skate Canada website:

http://skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/NewsDe...S/Default.aspx

That's sad that Charlie's dad dying in April.

Best of luck to them as they start the new season. Looking forward to seeing their new programs done by Duebril & Lauzon!

vCash
    Sorry for her injury and his family loses. I look forward to what the new season brings for this perky team

vCash
    So any updates on any new partnerships for Moore-Towers, Moscovitch, Tran, etc!!?

Its mid May so I'm guessing things need to be settled soon for the 14/15 season!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    Article on Seguin & Bilodeau from Bev Smith on the Skate Canada website:

http://skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/NewsDe...S/Default.aspx
    Thanks for posting - good article. It sounds like they have a great relationship. And talk about looking for a silver lining from a tough March and April, that Julianne's injury and missing World Jrs meant that Charlie could be with his dad at the end.

vCash
    So. . . how about Yasmin Siraj for Rudi Swiegers? She's a lefty, she's tiny, she's very artistic. She'd need a release from USFS but that shouldn't be difficult.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    So. . . how about Yasmin Siraj for Rudi Swiegers? She's a lefty, she's tiny, she's very artistic. She'd need a release from USFS but that shouldn't be difficult.
    Siraj is starting her freshman year at Harvard this fall.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Oh, shucks. Retired, then, officially, or just most likely retired? I seem to remember she'd struggled with some injuries the last couple of years.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    Oh, shucks. Retired, then, officially, or just most likely retired?
    It's not yet clear. I've replied in the U.S. Ladies thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4262547

ETA:
    Current list of Canadian pair skaters in the IPS database
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-14-2014 at 10:00 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Swiegers and Bell?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    Swiegers and Bell?
    This possibility came up in the L/S split thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4256899
    However, Swiegers has stated he is taking off the 2014-15 season.

vCash
    I saw a picture on Facebook today of Matthew Penasse with Brittany Simpson in Colorado. Mind you, a picture of two people in a picture does not confirm a partnership but it does have me wondering! Does anyone have any info?
    Last edited by Cant Skate; 05-15-2014 at 07:54 PM.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast