Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Here is a long article (in Italian) published this weekend which discusses every single Canadian pair - Senior & Junior - and all the rumoured retirements, splits & configurations.

If you don't know Italian, you can put it through a translation program and it will more or less make sense:

http://www.neveitalia.it/sport/figur...arte-in-canada

vCash
    ^^^ Nice to see they read FSU.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Castlerock View Post
    There is a post from Dylan on his and their Facebook pages that sounds a lot like a retirement speech: a lot of thank yous, talking about finishing the year on a high note, and thanking his family. Then he finishes with saying he cannot wait for the next step in this journey and to continue this amazing journey and sharing it with "you", which to me refers to family, not skating.

I liked this pair so am somewhat sad if they don't continue.
    The post was made right after he returned from Sochi. I`m told that he had no plans to retire. I don`t believe at all this post was intended as a retirement speech.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfbg722 View Post
    The post was made right after he returned from Sochi. I`m told that he had no plans to retire. I don`t believe at all this post was intended as a retirement speech.
    I didn't interpret it as a retirement speech either. He also wrote a post in early April, in which he thanked a lot of people for helping him have such a great season and then said he couldn't wait to continue the journey.

He had this on his Twitter after they skated at Worlds. https://twitter.com/SportsWkndScott/...44444197568512

I'm quite surprised to hear of this split considering Worlds was just a month ago (and MT/M have been doing some shows and appearances since then), and they've mentioned multiple times throughout the season that they were continuing. I know people's minds can change especially once the Olympic celebration and hoopla dies down, but this still seems pretty sudden. And I can't really picture Kirsten dumping him in an effort to move on quickly with another partner, but I guess stranger things have happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post
    And I can't really picture Kirsten dumping him in an effort to move on quickly with another partner, but I guess stranger things have happened.
    Yes, because of the available Canadian guys, the only one at Kirsten's level would be Mervin Tran, a former World bronze medalist. Michael Marinaro and Joshua Reagan are nowhere near that level yet. So there wouldn't be much motivation to want one of them instead of Dylan.

vCash
    I really can't picture M-T and Tran together. Their styles are so different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clairecloutier View Post
    The same can be said for Duhamel and Radford but they've made it work.

I still refuse to believe this rumour.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    The same can be said for Duhamel and Radford but they've made it work.

I still refuse to believe this rumour.
    Dylan has not retired !!!!!

vCash
    Duplicate
    Last edited by kdpair; 04-29-2014 at 03:27 AM.

vCash
    Without any first-hand information or direct quotes from either the skaters or their coaches to date, I think it would be best not to make too many assumptions, or speculate too wildly, about present/potential partnerships right now. It may be "entertainment" for us fans, but it's the skaters' lives and careers.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Without any first-hand information or direct quotes from either the skaters or their coaches to date, I think it would be best not to make too many assumptions, or speculate too wildly, about present/potential partnerships right now. It may be "entertainment" for us fans, but it's the skaters' lives and careers.
    Thank you Sylvia. I couldn't agree more.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clairecloutier View Post
    From his Twitter person, I have a hard time imagining Tran allowing Moore-Towers anywhere near him with the bedazzler gun.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniskates93 View Post
    Thank you Sylvia. I couldn't agree more.
    The skaters need to hurry up and make a press release if they don't like speculation. The lack of denial, the denial which came so quickly when Moore-Towers was rumored to be skating with Beharry, is remarkably lacking in this instance.

vCash
    Rumours often do turn out to be true - as indicated by the thread on the Russian pairs split.

Assuming that MTM do split, I'm very sad. I was looking forward to seeing them upping their level of difficulty next season to challenge D/R. I think they are more artistic than D/R and have more of the 'wow' factor, but clean to clean they haven't been able to beat D/R.

Maybe Dylan has come to the conclusion that he declining due to age and that he and MT won't likely be able to improve their results?

Even so, it's surprising. S/Z won the Olympics when Z was 33.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olipop View Post
    The skaters need to hurry up and make a press release if they don't like speculation. The lack of denial, the denial which came so quickly when Moore-Towers was rumored to be skating with Beharry, is remarkably lacking in this instance.
    Yes, and it's in marked contrast to how Asher Hill has responded. As Asher said in his Tweets today, he wanted to respond to the questions people were asking about him & Kharis so he did so right away.

I agree that the absence of a denial by Kirsten & Dylan probably means something is up.

On the other hand, as Sylvia said above, we should nevertheless try to resist the urge to make too many assumptions.

vCash
    I don't think there is that much stylistic difference between Kirsten and Narumi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by insideedgeua View Post
    Just a minor point but Ashley didn't switch to singles because she grew. Ashley was already competing in both singles and pair and she was already quite tall.

When she and Josh split she did not see it coming at all. She was completely shocked at the time.

Now, height may have been something that Josh was worried about, but up until that point they had been reasonably successful.

Ashley also continued to search for another partner because she wanted to continue pair. Happily for her, she's been very successful in singles too.

I only add this because I think it gives another insight into Josh's many partner changes.
    Thank you for this post.

Someone already tried to deny Josh's partner hopping, but I can tell you right now Caitlin yankowskas played a huge role in the dissolving of Cain/Reagan.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    It's not that all surprising that a skater would seriously consider an offer from someone who was sixth in the World and partnerless, regardless of any other factors.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    This! I am reminded of the Facebook post a couple years ago stating that actor Morgan Freeman had passed away. Many believed it until the press release said otherwise. Let's wait for first hand confirmation folks.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    No one is forcing anyone to post anything.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast