Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Canadian Pairs 2014/2015

It's a new season ... time for a new thread
    Lots of rumours of new teams, can anyone confirm any of them?

vCash
    Copying over from the previous thread:
    So the senior teams in Canada for 2014/2015 should be:

Duhamel & Radford
    Moore-Towers & Moscovitch
    Lawrence & Swiegers
    Purdy & Marinaro
    Jones & Reagan

New teams (hearsay):

Shalena Rau & Sebastian Arcieri
    Natasha Purich & Rob Schultz

Moving on up from Juniors:

Grenier & Deschamps
    Seguin & Bilodeau
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniskates93 View Post
    Trennt Michaud (medaled in novice with Judith Murtha-Anderson in 2013) has paired up with Hope McLean and they're training with Mike and Margaret/ Scott & Ali at the London Competitive Skating Centre (formerly the Competitive Skating Centre of Strathroy).

... I'm going to GUESS novice, but I don't know for sure. Hope has never done pairs so it might be good for her to have a year in Novice before moving up to junior.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-19-2014 at 02:44 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thanks for linking that Sylvia

vCash
    I'm hoping someone can confirm a Purich/Schultz pairing soon. I'd love to see them together and expect they would have a bright future. A team to step in once Duhamel/Radford and MT/M retire. I honestly don't see either of those teams lasting another 4 years. I also don't see Lawernce/Swegers lasting either. They've had far too many injuries the last few seasons.

vCash
    When L&S were interviewed by Scott Russell on CBC at Worlds, they didn't confirm that they are continuing, so perhaps that means they are going to assess Paige's injury in the off-season and see whether it's good for her to continue.

vCash
    Vanessa Grenier and Maxime Deschamps are in Germany right now - she tweeted this photo earlier today:
    Enjoy teaching, training, learning, discovering #Berlin http://pic.twitter.com/wRstIm64RL
    ETA 2014 Junior silver medalist news tweeted on April 16:
    Charlie Bilodeau @BiloCharlie, lauréat de la bourse régionale Sport-études de la Fondation Desjardins! http://bit.ly/1jN9BUz #Réussite

RT @AllianceS_E: Charlie Bilodeau @BiloCharlie, winner of the regional award Sport Education Fondation Desjardins!
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-22-2014 at 05:50 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Re-posting from the 2013-14 Canada Pairs thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post
    Grenier/Deschamps are my new favourite team - I LOVED them at Canadians and she was actually one of my junior fav's such a little power house! I love athletic style pairs with lots of speed - does anyone (Sylvia) know if they will qualify for any senior grand prix spots at all?
    Maybe they will be considered for a Skate Canada host spot if they monitor well this summer? I imagine they could get a Senior B opportunity in the early fall?

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Re-posting from the 2013-14 Canada Pairs thread:

Maybe they will be considered for a Skate Canada host spot if they monitor well this summer? I imagine they could get a Senior B opportunity in the early fall?
    Thanks I keep getting the two threads mixed up
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    Purdy and Marinaro are done.

Pretty sure that Michaud and McLean will be skating Junior. She has a decent 2A and is getting close on her 3S and 3T.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by million$momma View Post
    Purdy and Marinaro are done.
    Are either one going to look for a new partnership? Or are they done with skating?

And its going to be important for Skate Canada to get some new senior teams out on the international circuit this fall.

vCash
    With Purich & Tran splitting, and Lawrence & Swiegers considering retirement, why would Purdy & Marinaro split now? They have a chance at the podium next year.

Even if L&S continue, their inconsistency and injury issues provide other teams like P&M with an opening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    With Purich & Tran splitting, and Lawrence & Swiegers considering retirement, why would Purdy & Marinaro split now? They have a chance at the podium next year.
    maybe because the lifts get a little bit dangerous for both of them?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    maybe because the lifts get a little bit dangerous for both of them?
    True - that may be the reason. But in the other thread, people said that Michael has stated he was staying with Margaret. So it will be interesting to see if this means they are both leaving together, or are going to look for other partners. At her height, Margaret may find it difficult to find any guy tall enough for her.

Anyways, Skate Canada can't be happy that both Purich/Tran & Purdy/Marinaro are no more. The Senior Pairs in Canada are getting very depleted - there were only 2 pairs who met the minimum scores for 4CC's this year, and now those 2 teams are done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    Are either one going to look for a new partnership? Or are they done with skating?

And its going to be important for Skate Canada to get some new senior teams out on the international circuit this fall.
    My questions exactly.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Mariano is doing tryouts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by million$momma View Post
    Mariano is doing tryouts.
    How sure are you about this...or is this just rumor?
    Sad as it is for them it's SO for the best. Michael has a bright future. He needs to get to Natasha before that deal is sealed with Schultz. They would be a great fit in size, personality, body type....and could probably get out on the GP this fall. I'd be surprised if they don't at least try out. I've been sending vibes to the skate gods for two years now to make this pair happen.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    How sure are you about this...or is this just rumor?
    Sad as it is for them it's SO for the best. Michael has a bright future. He needs to get to Natasha before that deal is sealed with Schultz. They would be a great fit in size, personality, body type....and could probably get out on the GP this fall. I'd be surprised if they don't at least try out. I've been sending vibes to the skate gods for two years now to make this pair happen.....
    tell me Purich is with Drew Wolfe who was 7th at Junior Men at Nats this year. He's young so perhaps she's taking another run at the jr. circuit. Not sure what this means for Schultz. Would love to have some eye witnesses to all this. So far all I'm hearing is second hand.

vCash
    99.9% sure

vCash
    Yes, Purich is with Wolfe.

vCash
    I believe MT/M are finished as well, KMT is continuing on however.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast