Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm not going to get into specifics, but it's certainly frozen over.
    vCash

Awww... :( Kriengkrairut, Giulietti-Schmitt announce retirement

vCash
    "As much as Lynn and I love skating, and probably would continue on as long as we could go, there are a lot of things we want to pursue outside of skating," Giulietti-Schmitt said. "We decided that since we gave it our all for the Olympic year, that ultimately some of our priorities have shifted."

Kriengkrairut is applying to medical school and hopes to enroll in the fall.

"I'm interested in neurology, orthopedic surgery or reconstructive surgery, but a lot could change once I go to school," she said.

Giulietti-Schmitt has been the Basic Skills director at the Ann Arbor Figure Skating Club, and plans to continue coaching. He also wants to go to graduate school and hopes to study environmental remediation or urban planning. (He has a bachelor's degree in geology from Eastern Michigan University.)

They achieved a lot together and I wish them all the best in the next chapter of their lives!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Not unexpected, but still sad. They've been such a fixture in US ice dance the past couple of years. Best of luck to both in whatever they decide to do next.

vCash
    I wish they'd stuck around for at least one more year, but I completely understand their desire to move on. Best of luck to them in whatever they do in the future!

vCash
    I expected this announcement. I wish them well in their future endeavors. Their Adele skate was one of my favorites at Nationals last year in Omaha.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Aww, I guess they figure they still won't get out from under C/B, S/S, H/D, A/E. I really enjoyed their skating.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I will miss watching them, I always enjoyed their skating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Aww, I guess they figure they still won't get out from under C/B, S/S, H/D, A/E. I really enjoyed their skating.
    And Hawayek and Baker coming up too who I kind of expect to be on the podium next year. They had three years of 5th-4th-5th, slipped to 6th and in all likelihood would have been looking at at least 7th next year especially taking 4CC into account. I'll miss them but good for them for deciding to pursue their other interests. I always find it sad when skaters who have been around for awhile start getting passed so I'm glad they seem to be content to move on. Hopefully they do some shows.
    Last edited by lauren329; 04-24-2014 at 09:32 PM.

vCash
    They will be missed!

vCash
    All the best for them! Will miss there skating

vCash
    Argh, just when I learnt to spell that name....

vCash
    Sad to see them go, but I wish them all the best in the next chapter of life! They had one of the COOLEST.LIFTS.EVAH.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    If they were the only one of my favorite skaters/teams at SA in Kent, it would have been worth the trip.

Best wishes to both in the future.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    If they feel stuck in the placings, I can see why they would decide to retire rather than to keep

But I thought they were tremendous skaters with great programs. I'm glad that they are planning to stay involved in skating in other ways.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    I did expect they would retire after this season, but it's still sad news. They both have always been very classy representatives of the USFS. It's kind of sad they came along in such a period of amazing depth in U.S. ice dance and were not able to break through to the top three; I would have loved to see them get more international exposure. I wish them all the best with their future plans.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    They really lit up the arena! They were a fun couple with awesome energy and great chemistry. They'll be sorely missed but they both seem to have very bright futures ahead. Best of luck to them!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash

There is death in my soul

Really wish they'd been able to snag a US bronze and go to Worlds at least once. Sigh.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Logan was my dance coach several years ago, for about a year, and I can honestly say he's an awesome coach. No matter what he decides to do, I wish him the best of luck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    It was nice that they were able to attend 4 Continents this year.

But I remember people saying at the time that since they finished as the 3rd American team at 4CC's, it might be hard for them to advance onto the U.S. podium in the years ahead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast