Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    at the gossip/fashion sites i read, MO criticism is rare and when it happens, very unpopular
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Michelle Obama is not in any danger of exposing her ab definition
    Rex, your comment makes me sad. I don't like what she wears, end of story. I didn't like any FLOTUS' clothes, for that matter. Not sure what it has to do with Michelle's skin color.
    Plenty of prominent Black women have excellent taste, why should I fawn over choices I don't like? Because I should be worried that someone, sooner or later will call me a racist?
    IceAlisa, I wasn't referring to you at all. I never would . I know you hate everyone equally .
    I don't always like Michelle's choice of clothes either. I'm just saying I see lots of negative postings about her, and some of it does refer to her "black" body type or her facial features. I'm not saying all, but I think a good portion of those posts on forums on news sites are racially tinged.

vCash
    How in the world is it politically correct to refer to a "black" body type? I am so shocked, really. Seems awfully racist
    Just saying.....
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    I didn't see the term used here. We all know there are racist people but what does that have to do with this thread? People post that they don't like Kate's style or that she's too skinny but that's ok. If you say you don't like MO's style or that her build is hard to flatter then you're racist? Isn't that a double standard?

And BTW, racist people come in all shapes & sizes AND colors. The race card being used here makes me sad too, IceAlisa.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    I think the thing with Michelle Obama is that she's kind of a broad-shouldered, tall, big-boned woman, and her husband happens to be of a very different build -- he's also tall, but he's willowy and slender. So they look kind of awkward together. He's an ectomorph, and she's an endomorph. She favors kind of fussy patterns around the neck (big necklaces, ruffles) whereas he's into sleek suits. When photographed separately she doesn't look as awkward, but when together, they look awkward.

You can see the same discrepancy between Sasha and Malia, especially when they're dressed in matching outfits. Malia takes after her father, Sasha her mother.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I didn't see the term used here. We all know there are racist people but what does that have to do with this thread? People post that they don't like Kate's style or that she's too skinny but that's ok. If you say you don't like MO's style or that her build is hard to flatter then you're racist? Isn't that a double standard?

And BTW, racist people come in all shapes & sizes AND colors. The race card being used here makes me sad too, IceAlisa.
    This used to be a happy thread, not sure why it seems to have turned.

And I think Michelle Obama does a great job of choosing looks that suit both her and the occasion/her position, and what I expect are simply clothes she likes. I think she and the President always look great together, chiefly because I have the impression they have a great marriage and are true partners who love and respect each other. To me, that's what makes a couple look great.

This isn't pairs or ice dance - matching body types and costumes may look cute now and then, but it's not what really matters.

vCash
    Jenny,

Entire post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Jenny,

Entire post:
    Seconded.

vCash
    I've been thinking that Letizia was petite because she looks so tiny next to Felipe. But today's pictures in the Daily Fail tell the real story -- take a look at the picture a good chunk down the page where they're in a posed portrait with a whole lot of folks. Letizia is way taller than the average woman, and Felipe is a giant.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...do-museum.html

vCash
    She's in high heels (part of the job description of being married to a king who is 6'6"), but, yes, she is taller than average.

Tranquillo
    vCash

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    if she had sat in that throne, i would have printed it, framed it and bowed to it every day
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I don't even watch Game of Thrones and I would have been majorly impressed if she had sat down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    She's in high heels (part of the job description of being married to a king who is 6'6"), but, yes, she is taller than average.
    I read somewhere that she's 5' 7"

Tranquillo
    vCash

vCash
    Queen Maxima is the best. No other royal could get away with that combination of pink & massive hat.

Elsewhere, bad news for the Spanish royal family...

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Queen Maxima is the best. No other royal could get away with that combination of pink & massive hat.
    I'm not sold on the hat (if she raised her shoulders a bit she would disappear) but that dress is how you wear pink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Orange is the new Windsor.

Tranquillo
    vCash

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast