Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

vCash
    ‘Orphan Black’ co-creator on Project Castor & Season 3

On future plans:

When we first sold the show, and we hadn’t shot anything, it was just me and Graeme and our script and our ideas, we had three seasons planned. Somewhere towards the end of Season 2 we started having conversations about how the show has become so popular and how are we going to wind it up in three seasons? We can’t really do that. Then we started having deep talks about how we would create a five-season arc for Orphan Black. We had some big conversations. I think that’s what we want to see from the show, we really like to have more time with our mystery, and so we feel good about a five season arc now.
    This also blew me away:

We conceptualized what we call the Black Room as a shiny, stylized room that we show the scenes with Sarah, and did it in a hand-held, very spontaneous way.We just asked her all sorts of questions. Just threw question after question at her that we wrote down and she didn’t know which questions we were going to ask. So every time she was hearing a question, she was responding very spontaneously and very in the moment.
    Wow, they really push her don't they?

Random thoughts:

- Knew Professor Duncan was going to off himself as soon as he said he brought is own teabag.

- I also chuckled when Kira stole the nurse's phone. Like mother, like daughter!

- Rachel being taken out by a pencil to the eye is even funnier now that I've read John's & Graeme's explanation of how the idea came about.

- On first veiwing I thought the clone dance party went on a smidge too long, but the second time around I thought it was perfect. The work involved in putting it all together is truly mind boggling. Check out the "making of" video here. What's up with the guys in the horse/unicorn heads?

- I wonder if part of Helena'a assassin training included how to pilot a cargo plane? If yes, those soldiers might be in trouble.....

- Not sorry at all that Delphine has been shipped to Germany. Hope she stays there.

- The male clones twist was a surprise, but logical once you think about it.

- Best line of the episode goes to Mrs. S: "I don't know how she does it."

- Fave clone? Cosima again. Even as sick as she is, she's still amazing.

- And on a completely shallow note, can season 3 include a shirtless duel between Paul & Cal?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet View Post
    Thanks, shutterbug for all your links throughout!
    You're welcome! Not much happening in the skating world right now, so it's fun to have something else to follow.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Impromptu View Post
    That's the canister she took from the "Fish people's ranch," and since nitro canisters are often used to transport biologics, it probably contains her fertilized eggs. I guess she figured that Sarah could keep it safe, and Cosima would know what to do with it, while she went off to find Jesse.
    Aha! I completely missed that too!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Every time I watch this show, I'm thoroughly confused and never quite follow what's going on, but I like it anyway. I just wished this episode had more Allison, although I loved Helena's dancing. I need those summary articles to let me know what I really saw.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    I loved the part where Helena tells Art and Felix what she's been up to. She fell in love with a boy named Jesse, who got in a bar fight and had to go be a tow-truck driver in the war (???), then she became roommates with a good girl who had a crisis of faith. Oh, and of course she did not burn down the fish people's ranch.
    Creating drama!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Every time I watch this show, I'm thoroughly confused and never quite follow what's going on, but I like it anyway. I just wished this episode had more Allison, although I loved Helena's dancing. I need those summary articles to let me know what I really saw.
    I comb those summaries too as I'm always missing something first time around.

Question: Who were the original donor parents of Sarah and Helena? I remember that Amelia carried them but did we ever know? I'd like to see Helen Mirren show up as the biological mom. I mentioned a while back that I thought TM resembled her at times (particularly as Rachel) and that the two were going to act in something together. That could make for a killer story!

vCash
    [Q

vCash
    Enter the Clones: Space Orders Third Season of Ground-Breaking Original Thriller, ORPHAN BLACK

Space announced today the order of a third season of its critically-acclaimed, clone conspiracy thriller, ORPHAN BLACK. Picking up from a hair-raising Season 2 finale reveal, Season 3 sees the return of the phenomenal, award-winning Canadian actor, Tatiana Maslany, who’s portrayed an astonishing, nine distinct clones to date. The Season 3 order consists of 10, all-new, one hour episodes. Production is set to begin this fall in Toronto.

Emmy nominations are scheduled to be announced tomorrow. Fingers crossed for TM!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    Emmy nominations are scheduled to be announced tomorrow. Fingers crossed for TM!
    Snubbed again, dammit!

vCash
    Such bullsh*t!

vCash
    This breaks my heart just a little. I know it's tough for a sci-fi show to be taken seriously, but still..... TM really is an amazing talent and deserves to be recognized. Doubly glad now that she won the Critics Choice award.

vCash
    Emmy voters take FOREVER to recognize even slightly out of the mainstream shows. I bet they wish they could still nominate Everybody Loves Raymond.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345