‘Orphan Black’ co-creator on Project Castor & Season 3
On future plans:
This also blew me away:When we first sold the show, and we hadn’t shot anything, it was just me and Graeme and our script and our ideas, we had three seasons planned. Somewhere towards the end of Season 2 we started having conversations about how the show has become so popular and how are we going to wind it up in three seasons? We can’t really do that. Then we started having deep talks about how we would create a five-season arc for Orphan Black. We had some big conversations. I think that’s what we want to see from the show, we really like to have more time with our mystery, and so we feel good about a five season arc now.
Wow, they really push her don't they?We conceptualized what we call the Black Room as a shiny, stylized room that we show the scenes with Sarah, and did it in a hand-held, very spontaneous way.We just asked her all sorts of questions. Just threw question after question at her that we wrote down and she didn’t know which questions we were going to ask. So every time she was hearing a question, she was responding very spontaneously and very in the moment.
- Knew Professor Duncan was going to off himself as soon as he said he brought is own teabag.
- I also chuckled when Kira stole the nurse's phone. Like mother, like daughter!
- Rachel being taken out by a pencil to the eye is even funnier now that I've read John's & Graeme's explanation of how the idea came about.
- On first veiwing I thought the clone dance party went on a smidge too long, but the second time around I thought it was perfect. The work involved in putting it all together is truly mind boggling. Check out the "making of" video here. What's up with the guys in the horse/unicorn heads?
- I wonder if part of Helena'a assassin training included how to pilot a cargo plane? If yes, those soldiers might be in trouble.....
- Not sorry at all that Delphine has been shipped to Germany. Hope she stays there.
- The male clones twist was a surprise, but logical once you think about it.
- Best line of the episode goes to Mrs. S: "I don't know how she does it."
- Fave clone? Cosima again. Even as sick as she is, she's still amazing.
- And on a completely shallow note, can season 3 include a shirtless duel between Paul & Cal?