Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Interesting! I read a recap where the writer did not like the interplay between Felix and Tony. And not just a matter of disliking the character but he/she thought it rang false. I didn't feel that; I thought that Tony was testing Felix, to see how far he could go. Even if Tony never returns, it still boggles the mind to think what other clones could be out there!
    And speaking of returns, I never thought we'd see Vic again and we did. Now, Beth is being mentioned again. She's not out of the story yet. Woah! Only 2 more episodes! What next?

vCash
    That was one clone too many. TM is incredible, but Tony was the first time I thought, "that's Tatiana with bad facial hair". At first reveal I thought it was Sarah having to go into hiding or something.

Tom & Lorenzo wrote a great blog post on the episode: http://tomandlorenzo.com/2014/06/orp...-perturbation/

As always, loved Felix and his police work with Art. I must've missed where Art was suspended. Missed Helena. Allison had the best line of the episode about Leekie's body: "This is not at all well-wrapped!"

vCash
    Though I knew some people wouldn't like Tony, I thought Tatiana completely delivered. My favorite line of the night was Felix's "Holy Tilda Swinton". I thought it was a very good episodes and I'm glad they're expanding the mystery surrounding Paul.

And I still love Alison.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Felix and Alison are definitely the highlights for me.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    ‘Orphan Black’ talk: Co-creators dish on biggest secret yet

TVGC: In terms of the look, were there important elements for you guys to include?

GM: We wanted to do this character that was in transition, and we wanted to be able to bring him into the show as if he were any other character on the show. I guess we wanted to normalize it without the context of our lunatic show!

JF: Reiterating what Graeme said, we would obviously step in and chime in, but a lot of the look of that character was left to Tat. Tat did an enormous amount of research, she met with various people in the transcommunity. This is the kind of person that Tat is: she grew her armpit hair for six weeks and was like, really excited about the fact that she was growing this gnarly armpit hair. Then, unfortunately the timing of the episode worked out that she had to attend the Golden Globes just prior to shooting the Tony stuff. She was trying to get an outfit for the Golden Globes that would cover her armpits, and then obviously in the end realized that that was impossible. She ended up having to shave her armpit hair. So that never made it onscreen, I think they faked it somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    That was one clone too many. TM is incredible, but Tony was the first time I thought, "that's Tatiana with bad facial hair". At first reveal I thought it was Sarah having to go into hiding or something.
    I feel terrible saying this knowing now how much work TM put into developing the character, but those were my thoughts too. And I'm not sure why they chose to introduce Tony at this point in time with only two episodes to go. There had to be an easier way to communicate the info about Paul.

Cosima was my fave this episode. Loved how she ruled the nerd board game, and how excited she was to meet Professor Duncan. Scott's reaction to her revealing her secret was so sweet.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    I agree. I don't know that Tony can really add anything,especially given that s/he seems about to disappear.

Allison had the best line of the episode about Leekie's body: "This is not at all well-wrapped!"
    Yes, She's my fave clone.

vCash
    Having read the comments here as well as a few recap/opinion pieces, I'm more torn than ever about the Tony character. If he's a throwaway, I'd be inclined to think that it's a case of one clone too many. If he has a role to play later on, then I think it might be worthwhile. Characters do seem to return and have impact. At this point, I wouuldn't be surprised to see Beth or Maggie Chen back! I think that would be too much though.

vCash
    BBC America promo for tonight's episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvM3...wV66Sky1xXVrxQ

Space promo for tonight's episode: http://kenzi-malikov-is-my-heart.tum...st/88132683839 Warning - not the best quality video

Sneak peek 1:
    Sneak peek 2:

This episode will include a cameo by TM's acting double, Kathryn Alexandre.

vCash
    OMG, Donny and Alison are the "it" couple - utterly fabulous together .

"Have a sh@tty day!"

vCash
    Go Donnie!

Whew Helena!

vCash
    Creator John Fawcett breaks down season 2's penultimate episode (contains spoilers)

Best episode of the season, IMHO. Enjoyed every minute. Especially loved:

- Helena back to her magnificent badass ways.
    - Alison & Donnie bonding over body disposal duty.
    - Donnie finally growing a pair! “Have a sh!tty day.”
    - Kira & Sarah’s scene in the clinic. Watched the episode twice and cried both times. Fee was lovely in this scene too.
    - The unbelievable clone swap. Even though you knew it was coming, it was still a shock when it actually happened.

And on that note, is it possible that it’s Helena in the promo for the finale and not Sarah?

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Allison and Donnie continue to be my favorite part of the show. Nice change of pace amidst the uber drama with Sarah.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    I discovered in my snoopings for news about the finale that there will be 4 clones together in a scene!
    I'm guessing Allison, Sara, Rachel and... Helena or Cosima? I'm leaning toward Helena as Cosima may be off sick somewhere but I hope that Helena hasn't just wandered off somewhere, to return next season. Sat. will tell and I'll probably be wrong about everything.

vCash
    A big congrats to TM on winning her second Critics' Choice award earlier this evening! Very well deserved honour.

vCash
    Last episode - what a fast 10 weeks! This is the one show I just could not PVR except under extreme circumstances, so I have to admit it will be kinda nice to have my Saturday nights back.

Promo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ_YjbbuLQw

Sneak peek:

Preview of the cold open: Watch The "Orphan Black" Season 2 Finale’s Shocking Opening Scene

Other random stuff:

INNERSPACE will do a season recap on June 23, 2014: Exclusive Season Recap Special, ORPHAN BLACK: AFTER THE BLACK, June 23

CTV will be rebroadcasting Season 2 in Grimm's usual timeslot beginning Aug. 15, 2014: 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany nabs Critics' Choice award

The season will also repeat in its entirety, beginning Aug. 15 at 9 p.m. ET on CTV.
    June 20, 2014 interview with Dylan Bruce: Entertainment Weekly Google+ Hangout On Air: Dylan Bruce of 'Orphan Black'

He is such a sweet, happy guy, and so proud to be part of the show. It might perpetuate the typical Canadian stereotype, but whenever I watch an interview with any of the cast members, I'm always struck by how incredibly "nice" they all come across. Lovely to see.

vCash
    There's something about the previews they keep showing on TV (the one where Sarah gives her unconditional surrender) that makes me think it's Helena posing as Sarah. I'm probably way off, but we shall see.

ETA: I just watched the cold opening and now I don't think so, but I'll leave my wild theory above here anyway.
    Last edited by Bostonfan; 06-21-2014 at 07:43 PM.

on my couch awaitin' Figure Skating season
    vCash
    There had better be a season 3, folks. A big ole can of worms was opened tonight!

vCash
    Everything I've heard has said yes to another season.
    Great Moments:
    The clone dance! Weren't you grinning from ear to ear?
    Kira swiping the phone.

Scary Ones:
    Cosima not responding at first to Kira's wake-up call.
    Helena's kidnapping.
    The final crazy clone in the lab of Bowles' house.

Oh No:
    Helena. Poor girl gets to have an evening of fun and then gets hauled off to a new hell. Mrs. S., what have you done?

???:
    Temporary peace for Sara, but what next? And Rachel? Is she going to get even crazier or is she done? An eyepatch seems inevitable for a while. Cosima has a chance to discover a cure which is a relief. No doubt Alison will have a bit of domestic bliss but then return in a wild and unpredictable manner. Have we seen the last of Tony? And will Charlotte and Kira take on greater importance?
    I must have been completely slow but I was thrown by the male clone thing. With hindsight it makes complete sense but I never saw it coming. Sara didn't either so...

Well-done, very fast episode; I'm still absorbing. Can't wait for the next season. When?

Thanks, shutterbug for all your links throughout!

vCash
    I read an interview with TM where she said that the actor who plays Mark is a little freaked out about the technical elements of playing multi-clone scenes next season and decided to sit in on the dancing scene to better understand how it all works. Somehow that probably freaked him out more

What was with Helena leaving nitro behind in Fee's loft? I feel like I missed something there. I loved her innocent "Who me?" expression when denying starting the fire at the farm.

Mrs. S continues to intrigue...

ETA: Here's the interview with TM:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/21/or...season-finale/
    Last edited by Bostonfan; 06-22-2014 at 09:00 PM.

I'm not going to get into specifics, but it's certainly frozen over.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post

What was with Helena leaving nitro behind in Fee's loft? I feel like I missed something there. I loved her innocent "Who me?" expression when denying starting the fire at the farm.
    That's the canister she took from the "Fish people's ranch," and since nitro canisters are often used to transport biologics, it probably contains her fertilized eggs. I guess she figured that Sarah could keep it safe, and Cosima would know what to do with it, while she went off to find Jesse.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast