Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    shutterbug and cyn, thanks so much for all these extras! I'm excited for tonight. Gee, you'd think it was a skating event!

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    So am I (excited for tonight's episode) -- less that 5 minutes to go!!

I'll be watching both airings (the second one being at midnight EDT) -- can't wait to find out where Kira and Mrs. S. are (and who has them), as well as what's going to happen with Helena -- since she said that her sister shot her before she collapsed, won't Art and Angie be on the hunt for her as well? Oh, and Alison's apparent nervous breakdown about Aynsley.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    WHOOOOAAAAAAAAAA

Tonight's episode was fcuking amazeballs. Gonna have to re-watch it again at midnight before I can get my thoughts organized enough to comment on it.

vCash
    I have no words. Mind blown.....
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Do those religious fanatics seriously think they stand a chance against crazy Helena? Just wait 'til she wakes up.

And now I'm worried about Alison and Cosima. Please don't kill off any more clones!

And how is it that Felix gets better every episode? I've read a few interviews with Jordan G. and the guy is so bright, so very committed to his character and determined not to turn him into a caricature. I don't think I could stand it if they jumped the shark with this show.

on my couch awaitin' Figure Skating season
    vCash
    Ah, but are those religious fanatics part of Helena's problem to begin with? Perhaps one of them was the one who brainwashed her originally - remember her cutting & self-flagellation, scars on her back. Can't wait until next week!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubak View Post
    Ah, but are those religious fanatics part of Helena's problem to begin with? Perhaps one of them was the one who brainwashed her originally - remember her cutting & self-flagellation, scars on her back. Can't wait until next week!
    Good point. I suspect they may cause her grief but I bet she'll get them back two-fold. I wonder what role the serving girl is going to take.

vCash
    ‘Orphan Black’ talk: co-creator dissects Episode 2

TVGC: Seeing that artificial insemination scene with the cow has me severely worried for Helena right now. Should we be?

JF: Johanssen’s a guy that’s very interested in fertility. You can paint that however you want; I think that his interest in science and religion is kind of a really interesting aspect to their message, to their beliefs.
    THAT’S what he was doing when he greased up the plastic sleeve. Time to brush up on my animal husbandry! Helena is not my favorite clone by any stretch of the imagination, but the thought of what he might try to do her makes me feel a little ill. The calm ones are always the worst.

Random thoughts:

- Not at all surprised to learn that Mrs. S is a badass. She has a survivor aura about her.
    - Poor Alison. I felt so sorry for her being left behind.
    - No Hot Paul in this episode. :

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet View Post
    And how is it that Felix gets better every episode? I've read a few interviews with Jordan G. and the guy is so bright, so very committed to his character and determined not to turn him into a caricature. I don't think I could stand it if they jumped the shark with this show.
    And he has a nice butt, to boot!

I just love Alison: "I think I need to keep drinking, and then I'll come up with some ideas"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    And he has a nice butt, to boot!

I just love Alison: "I think I need to keep drinking, and then I'll come up with some ideas"
    Yup, good butt for sure, almost like a skater's!
    I love all the clones (well, it's hard to warm up to Rachel) and I've noticed whenever I'm describing the show to people, the clones take a lot of time to explain. 95% of the young female characters on tv feel interchangeable (just vary the hair colour) to me. I'm so glad that OB (and the superb Tat. M.) has made each one a real character with depth. It could be funny if they decided to introduce a clone who was a stereotypical tv female, just for the responses of the other characters (probably like their reaction to "Cats").
    Shades of Herriot with that cow! Yuck! It seemed whenever we used to watch Herriot, the vets were always up to the shoulder with a cow and always when I was getting a snack!

vCash
    Ratings for last week were up from the premiere (scroll down to "Season 2"): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...Black_episodes I'd be very curious to see how the show would fare ratings-wise on another another night.

Promo for tonight's episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6YhVkaFpG4

A couple of very interesting behind the scenes articles with the designers responsible for the clones' hair and make up.

I love this quote from the make up artist:

Once I got the script, so I was stimulated, but then I met Tatiana and thought, I wonder how changeable she is? I thought about it long and hard because it can be hard. Very often blonds are easy to change, but brunettes are tougher. I thought I could change the brows, change her lip shape...but I don't know how changeable she'll be. But then, working with Tatiana, of course what she brings is a staggering amount of talent. Her physicality, her psychology she brings to the characters—it's pretty outstanding. For me it's a marriage made in heaven. I work closely with Tatiana and our hairstylist to put a lot of thought into each look.

vCash
    Shattering seeing Jennifer and Cosima having to work on her.

Interesting, I was having thoughts about the possible introduction of any more clones and was wondering what the next one(s) would be like. I had 4 ideas: someone who was overly fertile and had multiple kids, a really ditzy, hair-tossing blonde who is the average bland norm on our TVs these days, a different race/colour, or someone transgendered.

I think the show is in good hands though and probably doesn't need my input. My new Buffy!

vCash
    Poor Helena has been married off and is about to be artificially inseminated. After all she's been though - possible abuse in the convent and obvious abuse under Thomas and his group.

Given who Helena is, she will probably strike back in full force and foil their plan.

vCash
    Yay I can finally read this thread! I just power-watched my way through S1 and the first three of S2. I LOVE this show! Such awesome twisty writing and TM is so, so good. It's easy to forget she plays all the clones. I'm really glad she was nominated for a Golden Globe last year - a sci-fi show on BBC America is like a dead zone in terms of awards fodder.

That Felix video was hilarious but where was the assless chaps scene?

vCash
    Wheee, just found a Character Grades review! These are always .

So, what do we all think of Cal? He seems like a genuinely decent guy, but maybe a little too willing to let Sarah & Kira stay? Was Cosima’s reference to the monitors always seeming to be the clones’ lovers limited to her own situation, or could this apply to Sarah as well? And how did Daniel track them down so easily? Trust no one says I.

That final scene with Henrik carrying Helena off to “consummate” their marriage may be one of the most disturbing scenes in the series to date. The whole thing with her and the Prolethians is (probably not unintentionally) reminiscent of the The Handmaid’s Tale. No doubt in my mind that she will be wreaking havoc on the farm very soon......

vCash
    Nobody eats chicken like Helena!
    Can't wait for her to come to and get some revenge!

vCash
    Promo for tonight's episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=351x2iDwVsc

Mrs. Johanssen does not seem pleased. The media who were given the opportunity to preview the show raved about episode 4 in particular, so I'm beyond excited for tonight!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    So, what do we all think of Cal? He seems like a genuinely decent guy, but maybe a little too willing to let Sarah & Kira stay? Was Cosima’s reference to the monitors always seeming to be the clones’ lovers limited to her own situation, or could this apply to Sarah as well? And how did Daniel track them down so easily? Trust no one says I.
    I think Sarah (and Helena for that matter) never had a monitor because she was taken away from the system by her birth mother and then Mrs. S. Dyad and the other clones didn't know she existed until her chance encounter with Beth.

vCash
    Helena wins it this week for best clone!

vCash
    Such an intense episode! Need to watch it again tonight before I can sort out my thoughts, but in the in the interim, here's some thoughts from the creators:

'Orphan Black': Creator Graeme Manson on that shocking clone reunion

‘Orphan Black’ talk: Co-creator weighs in on Ep 4 shockers

And this might be the most random moment in television history : https://twitter.com/OrphanBlack/stat...00479920967681

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast