vCash

Question about Artistic Inlines...

I bought a pair of regular inline skates a few years ago. They are not fancy and do not have rockers. Problem is, that I WANT the rockers on my skates. From what all I've read, the rockers make the inlines feel more like ice skating and are easier to maneuver, turn, spin, crossover, etc.

Should I go ahead and buy different sized wheels? Is it possible to alter my current wheels?

If I can't, are any of you familiar with good rockered inlines? I see where cparkluver (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD1C...Gvjc6zmIQzZQVA) says that she uses Solomons (which are no longer sold). love how fluid they make her glide across the pavement.

So any help is appreciated

vCash
    I don't think there are any posters here who do inline skating as well...
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Now that's a proper skating outfit. You don't necessarily need rockers to do the stuff that she's doing. I've got no experience with rockers myself, but it looks like your two inner wheels would need to have a larger diameter in order to achieve a rock. Altering existing wheels doesn't sound practical to me, although they tend to get smaller pretty quickly from normal wear and tear.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Fever View Post
    Now that's a proper skating outfit. You don't necessarily need rockers to do the stuff that she's doing. I've got no experience with rockers myself, but it looks like your two inner wheels would need to have a larger diameter in order to achieve a rock. Altering existing wheels doesn't sound practical to me, although they tend to get smaller pretty quickly from normal wear and tear.
    Just imagine the if skaters wore such lol. I should just buy a pair of rockered skates, but I'm not familiar with them...not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    I don't think there are any posters here who do inline skating as well...
    Lol I thought about that at first, but it doesn't hurt to try!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiazumi View Post
    Lol I thought about that at first, but it doesn't hurt to try!
    I did quite a bit when I was younger, but the last time I rollerbladed, my mind was full if "what ifs". Pavement is not as forgiving as ice. Back in the day, I had no trouble doing any of "Miss Bikini's" tricks, without rockers.

vCash
    Pic Skates! Most things that can be done on ice can be done on them. The wheel assembly is rockered and there is a thingy in front which serves as a toe pick. People who have no local indoor rink sometimes use them to practice off season. I would love to have a set to put on one of these extra pairs of skates I have sitting around, but I need the money for ice skating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by treesprite View Post
    Pic Skates! Most things that can be done on ice can be done on them. The wheel assembly is rockered and there is a thingy in front which serves as a toe pick. People who have no local indoor rink sometimes use them to practice off season. I would love to have a set to put on one of these extra pairs of skates I have sitting around, but I need the money for ice skating.
    Nice! I'd love to see rollerskating/blading as a summer olympic sport

vCash
    If you go on You Tube you can find videos of people using them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by treesprite View Post
    Are those pic skates she has on? So Solomon skates can be pic? Sorry I'm so confused.
    The Snow White pc skates are indeed very very expensive!!

vCash
    U can have a look here : http://www.picskate.com/ or here : https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=picskates

I've got a pair and, to me, it's really similar to the ice, except for the "sticky" feeling under the wheels I can do on them the same than on ice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiazumi View Post
    Are those pic skates she has on? So Solomon skates can be pic? Sorry I'm so confused.
    The Snow White pc skates are indeed very very expensive!!
    "Pic Skate" is a brand name, so I guess the answer is no to Solomon skates being Pic Skates (I have never heard of Solomon skates, but I am not a roller blader).

It looks from the Snow White site that they only have one wheel arrangement option. Pic Skate lets you choose between 3-wheel and 4-wheel designs and at different levels depending on the type of skating being done. So in other words, more price option.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane Mars View Post
    I've got a pair and, to me, it's really similar to the ice, except for the "sticky" feeling under the wheels I can do on them the same than on ice
    Can you spin? I imagine that would be much harder on wheels.

vCash
    I'd checked out the Pic skates, but they are more money than I want to spend. They look cool, though.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    According to one website I looked at you can buy a special axle to rocker your wheels, you don't need special skates. If you want to do ice skating tricks I think the size of your wheels makes more difference than rockering. Smaller wheels are easier to control and manuever. Large wheels are good for going uphill and over rough pavement, but you have less control and it is harder to balance and turn. I don't know anyone who spins on inlines, but I do know people who do waltz jumps and 3 turns. I can do back crossovers and lunges with fairly large wheels (80"), but not with 92". I think 76" wheels are average.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceanne View Post
    ... I don't know anyone who spins on inlines, but I do know people who do waltz jumps and 3 turns. I can do back crossovers and lunges with fairly large wheels (80"), but not with 92". I think 76" wheels are average.
    Did you have a look at the links I posted ?

And I have a pair of PicSkates and I can do exactly the same than on ice, spinning included

EDIT :
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    I'd checked out the Pic skates, but they are more money than I want to spend. They look cool, though.
    Yes, BUT it's not like a pair of blades ! Once you've got the "plate", you only have to take care of the boots (like in classic figure skating), wheels, toe pic and bearings... At the end, it's not as expenseive as it seems, as you'll learn really fast how to change wheels, bearings and toe pick by yourself, so it's also a kind of "spare" here too (= sharpening)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane Mars View Post
    Did you have a look at the links I posted ?

And I have a pair of PicSkates and I can do exactly the same than on ice, spinning included

I'm sure you can . I was just suggesting a less expensive alternative than new skates. OP didn't indicate whether they were doing city and trail skating or mainly freestyle on a rink or level surface. I will check out your links.