Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Yeah, I don't get that either. Of course if a record is "first to do something" then that record won't be broken - that goes without saying. I don't find the youngest/oldest records all that interesting, either.

- I don't see anyone matching Rodnina's records.
    - I don't see another US lady doing what Kwan did.
    - Unless Carolina Kostner decides to extend her career, I think ten consecutive European medals (first achieved by Karl Schäfer, later matched by Brian Joubert) is not something we'll see again, at least not for a long time. Especially in men's skating, with the technical standard being so high that ten years at the top level seems a monumentally difficult task.
    - I doubt that another skater will be able to replicate Yuna Kim's career record of nothing but podium finishes.
    - Nobody will ever do as many triple toes in a program as Elaine Zayak
    - Maybe Aliona Savchenko can join Drobiazko/Vanagas in the five Olympics club. If not, I think they'll remain the only members.

IJS points records are kind of meant to be broken, and since the ISU is still tinkering with the scoring, I'm not even sure how meaningful those will be over time. Technically, the highest FD score ever is not D/W's but N/K's.
    Makes me happy that Navka's FD score was technically never broken

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    If 6.0 was around Davis & White probably would have been given 18 perfect 6.0s. Which is why I am glad it wasnt around, as I dont think the performances would have merited that. I mean head to head against T&D 30 years earlier it is easy to watch and say D&W should win, but for their own time what they did was nowhere near as revolutionary, perfect, or ahead of their time as T&D 30 years ago. There are some who even still question if they were really better than V&M for instance. Plus I find a stocked quality to their dancing, I dont find them true innovators or trend setters but more like winning machines, but maybe that is just me.
    D/W were so overscored in the Olympics I hope no skater is overscored like that again.

vCash
    I think we will see some future skaters at 5 Olympics. Not many of course, but there will be others. There is no pro circuit practically these days, so there isnt incentive for skaters without something else to do (which covers many skaters) to go professional.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123