Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash

Senior international ladies and jump combinations and sequences

It was fun seeing how much jump content has increased over the last season. Particularly with the top skaters trying the 3lutz/3toe, 2axel/3toe, and the 3flip/loop/3loop or 3salchow.

My question is, I wonder how long it will be until a new kid on the block tries all three combinations in their free program (if that isn't happening already or if the rules allow it). My bet is on Pogorilaya or Edmunds.

vCash
    Which Russian baby did a 3 flip/loop/3 loop?

vCash
    Perhaps it's a typo and the OP meant either 3F/1Lo/3S (Edmunds/Radionova) or 3Lo/1Lo/3S (Pogorilaya/Radionova), with the 1Lo being half loops.

Technically a 3F/1Lo/3Lo, with the 1Lo being a true single loop, is possible. However, I think most skaters would not be able to fully rotate the last 3Lo. Since all single jumps have zero value next season, better to tack on an "easy" 2T instead.

The problem with doing three triple-triples or a 2A+3T is that a skater maxes her content using six of the seven jumping passes (7 triples and 2 double Axels). Easily remedied by doing a solo double jump or possibly a triple Axel attempt.
    Last edited by all_empty; 06-15-2014 at 05:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    It was fun seeing how much jump content has increased over the last season. Particularly with the top skaters trying the 3lutz/3toe, 2axel/3toe, and the 3flip/loop/3loop or 3salchow.

My question is, I wonder how long it will be until a new kid on the block tries all three combinations in their free program (if that isn't happening already or if the rules allow it). My bet is on Pogorilaya or Edmunds.
    Though doing those three combos would be legal, I'm not sure we'll ever see them together in one program, because the skater (assuming she had no 3A) would run out of triples and 2As before doing the seventh jumping pass. It would look sort of odd to see a planned 2Z or 2F in a top senior's program.