• silver

37 48.68%
  • bronze

21 27.63%
  • no medal

11 14.47%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I have also heard many say Volosozhar and Savchenko have an intense personal rivalry that stems well back and cant stand each other. That must explain Savchenko's grand plans to carry on and conquer the world with Massot and declaring she is going to take the Olympic gold. She just cant let Volosozhar go perhaps. It could also explain her blaming anything she didnt achieve on Robin, dumping all over their 5 world title winning partnership, even suddenly saying they had all small tricks and he could never throw her far (lol). If she ever lost to Tatiana, it must be because Robin wasnt matching Maxim, since there is no way Tatiana would ever outdo her. Then when her fantasy of sweeping everything and crushing Tatiana at the 2018 Olympics comes true with Bruno she can boast it was all so.

vCash
    Are S/S the first five-time World championship pairs team to not win an Olympic gold? At least since pairs skating became an Olympic event.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Are S/S the first five-time World championship pairs team to not win an Olympic gold? At least since pairs skating became an Olympic event.
    Yes I believe they are. Rotter & Szollos won 4 world titles, including 3 straight the years between the 32 and 36 Olympics, yet won only bronze at both Olympics, alot like S&S.

I dont believe there is any other pair in history besides those two that won more than 2, who failed to win Olympic Gold.

vCash
    I think S/Z would be either 2nd or 3rd. I can't imagine how perfect their programmes would have to be to overtake V/T. Would S/Z risk just like S/S did?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coraczek View Post
    I think S/Z would be either 2nd or 3rd. I can't imagine how perfect their programmes would have to be to overtake V/T. Would S/Z risk just like S/S did?
    Someone would need a quad twist, and two different quad throws, with a clean skate, to have a possability of overtaking V&T in Sochi. Even V&T who had mistakes on landings of both throws. Their two throws with hands down on one, and a touch down with the free foot on the other, both had some +3s in GOE, so had only minor impact on their score. Their PCS were littered with 10s in most of the categories.

vCash
    I voted silver. Had everyone gone clean and they been at their 2010 level I would say only bronze, but S&S had mistakes. V&T did too but not enough for S&Z to have beaten them. It would not have been a replay of 2010 which was theirs to lose from the start. It wouldnt have made any sense to come back really.

vCash
    The judges wouldnt dare mark them below silver. They are living legends and to place them below a team like Stolbova & Klimov and their Addams Family program or the Germans with 2 falls would cause an international uproar even if the russians themselves wouldnt care.

It would probably be silver since V&T would have to fall a bunch of times to lose the gold, probably even to a clean S&S.

vCash
    Although I would have hated to see S/Z compete just to lose the gold medal to the "will not be denied" by the judges V/T, at least they would have provided a coherent, well-choreographed program and sold it really well musically. Those pairs programs in Sochi were just meaningless transition, trick, generic arm in the sky in unison, another meaningless transition, trick...

Pairs skating is the most boring discipline by far, even if V/T's amplitude and cleanliness of execution is great to see.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Silver obviously. No way a totally clean S&Z even now lose to immature Russian team or the Germans with 3 falls.

Volosozhar & Trankov were unbeatable if they stood up for the Sochi games and deserved it based on the points system, but they will have to continue and create more emotional and masterpiece programs than they have thus far to make a mark in history. Right now their mark in history is about equal to a team like Totmianina & Marinin. People here their names and they think titles but zzzzz. Just titles.

vCash
    It depends on if they were at their 2010 level or if they regressed, they weren't even perfect when they won the gold in 2010. Four years later I would have assumed age and injuries would have done them in... perfect or not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12