vCash

Adult Nationals questions

I noticed Ethan Burgess competed in the pairs event- wasn't he on Skating with Celebrities (Stars?)?
    So here's my question: can "ineligible" skaters compete in adult events, or was the speculation that skaters gave up their eligibility for that show incorrect?

My second question is did Alex Johnson compete in an adult event? Lexi Rohner's blog lists him as "competing and supporting adult skating". Did he compete, or was that a typo for coaching? I couldn't find him on any of the results sheets I looked at.

vCash
    You have to eligible to compete in any USFS comp, but he may not have lost his eligibility - depends on if the show was sanctioned. But if someone does lose their eligibility, they can regain it by applying - I guess there is some sort of review.

I didn't see Alex Johnson's name listed anywhere, either, but Lexi may have meant he's a competitive skater who supports adult skating. If he was there, my guess is he was coaching, unless he happened to be visiting a friend/the area.

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    Alex Johnson http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...s/results.html

Adult bre-bronze dance by the looks of it? https://twitter.com/JacksonUltima/st...479744/photo/1

And I missed seeing him there by one day since my event was on April 8th

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    OK, well, I stand corrected.

I believe there is a rule that you can't enter AN and the standard-track qualifying events in the same season, but he was out with an injury this year, plus that rule may only apply to the same event (so he could do dance at AN but not Senior FS).

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    I believe there is a rule that you can't enter AN and the standard-track qualifying events in the same season, but he was out with an injury this year, plus that rule may only apply to the same event (so he could do dance at AN but not Senior FS).
    That would make sense for a rule. Either way, nice to see him supporting adult skating.

vCash
    Ah! Pre-bronze dance. I didn't think to look there! He and his partner received all first place ordinals (out of two.)

I'm pretty sure the rule is you can't enter the same event standard and adult track in the same year, so even if he went to Worlds in Men's; he'd still be eligible for dance at adults. If he was out the whole qualifying season (not just nationals) he could have done mens.

Nice to see him there.

Edit. It is rule 2405
    not enter an adult level at a qualifying competition (adult sectionals/U.S. Adult Championships) and a standard
    level at a qualifying competition (regionals/sectionals/U.S. Championships) in the same kind of event (i.e. free skate,
    ice dance) in the same competition season. For example, a skater may not enter novice men’s free skate on the standard
    track and masters free skate on the adult track in the same season but may enter novice men’s free skate on the standard
    track and masters pairs on the adult track
    Last edited by Skittl1321; 04-14-2014 at 05:35 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    You have to eligible to compete in any USFS comp, but he may not have lost his eligibility - depends on if the show was sanctioned. But if someone does lose their eligibility, they can regain it by applying - I guess there is some sort of review.
    I just remember at the time there was talk about Brooke and Keanu losing their eligibility, so I don't think the show was sanctioned. But I was wondering if perhaps it was and the talk was wrong. Or maybe it just isn't difficult to get it back.

vCash
    USFS Rule ER 7.00 is Reinstatement from Ineligible Status: http://www.usfsa.org/content/2013-14...-13.pdf#page35

AN Event page: http://web.icenetwork.com/schedule/2...dult_fs_champs

Lexi Rohner's blog with daily photo links:
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2014/...lt-champs-blog
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-14-2014 at 06:30 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden