Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Requesting the resignation of Ottavio Cinquanta

Requesting the resignation of Ottavio Cinquanta from the presidency of the International Skating Union

https://www.change.org/petitions/ott...-skating-union

vCash
    I think we have better chances succeeding in this in sending mr. Cinquanta Panettone for Easter with a note, asking for resignation.
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I wish they wouldn't have named specific skaters in this petition.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    An extreme attack on sotnikova dressed up as attack on cinquanta!

What should The official score of IJS be for sotnikovas "junior level artistry"?

vCash
    I would believe more in success if making petition was very rare, very exceptional step to sort out the most serious issues, but unfortunately there has been several petitions in the last few years (petition against Chan winning the worlds a year or two ago, petition that Yuna should have been the winner at Olympics) so unfortunately noone will now take yet another petition seriously. What happened with the previous ones? Nothing. And the same will happen with this one. (if you use something too often, it looses the power).

vCash
    I'm all for asking Speedy to resign, but I totally agree with Rob that naming specific skaters is uncalled for. I will therefore not sign the petition.

vCash
    Er, yeah, naming skaters was dumb. Way to get entire feds pissed off at you and ditch your cause.
    What would Jenny do?

vCash
    I think signing it is more important than anything. I don't think not liking the wording of something or that skaters were named is grounds for not supporting something constructive. Maybe that's just me though?

vCash
    Not liking the wording of something is different than throwing skaters under the bus. It would be one thing if they had alleged actual cheating but just to say jr. level artistry, etc. are unnecessary cheap shots that tacky up the whole thing. It brings the motives of the petition in question.
    What would Jenny do?

vCash
    Well, I signed it. Don't think it will make a difference.....but it is one piece of dissent in a pile of dissent........maybe it will help break the camel's back.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N_Halifax View Post
    I think signing it is more important than anything. I don't think not liking the wording of something or that skaters were named is grounds for not supporting something constructive. Maybe that's just me though?
    No, it's not just you . . . The goal of the petition is to call attention to the damage Cinquanta has done to this sport. The sponsors aren't expecting a direct response from the ISU (although that would be nice). What they're hoping is to raise attention to this issue. Hopefully those with greater authority than us--federation members, council members--will notice and it will have an effect, even if only behind the scenes. It only takes moments to sign, and who doesn't agree that getting rid of Cinquanta is a worthy goal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I wish they wouldn't have named specific skaters in this petition.
    Likewise. I am all for Cinquanta resigning. However, the references to Sotnikova are a complete and utter disgrace. I will not be signing it. The people who compiled this petition should have confined it to Cinquanta, the failings of COP/IJS, and the ludicrous idea of removing the short program. By including the contentious issue of the outcome of the Sochi Ladies competition using emotive language like that, they have lost the sympathy of a lot of people. Hence, the petition is doomed to fail. Somebody should compile another petition which does not make the same mistake.
    Last edited by Maofan7; 04-11-2014 at 10:34 PM.

vCash
    I will not sign the petition due to the Sotnikova comments. I do not think the Sochi results are figure skating's worst scandal. Nor do I think Kim and Kostner skated flawlessly.

The inclusion of that point ruins the petition.

vCash
    There is a second petition with over 2,000 signatures that's been out for almost a week. There are countless blogs and letters written that have been circulating the internet for even longer... it really is about keeping the issue in the forefront in any way possible as I see it. I've voted in every election even if I didn't like advertisements or arguments from any of the political parties I had to choose from.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Cinquanta will be gone in two years anyway so it's all a bit pointless....
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maofan7 View Post
    Likewise. I am all for Cinquanta resigning. However, the references to Sotnikova are a complete and utter disgrace. I will not be signing it. The people who compiled this petition should have confined it to Cinquanta, the failings of COP/IJS, and the ludicrous idea of removing the short program. By including the contentious issue of the outcome of the Sochi Ladies competition using emotive language like that, they have lost the sympathy of a lot of people. Hence, the petition is doomed to fail. Somebody should compile another petition which does not make the same mistake.
    Completely agree. I was set to sign until I noticed that slam.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    How long before Monica Friedlander is writing an article on her own petition?
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleWalt View Post
    I'm all for asking Speedy to resign, but I totally agree with Rob that naming specific skaters is uncalled for. I will therefore not sign the petition.
    Agreed. I won't be signing for this reason. Despicable.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    How long before Monica Friedlander is writing an article on her own petition?
    She's a sponsor of this one. So I'm sure an article is coming soon.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post
    She's a sponsor of this one. So I'm sure an article is coming soon.
    No doubt she is the instigator and author of this petition not just a sponsor as she lists herself. The personal attack on Sotnikova is disgraceful. While she obviously believes someone else should have won the title that is not the opinion of many others of which I am one.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast