Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    What a cute smile from Julia in the K&C! I wanted to hug her. (Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm a sentimental slob. )
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by immoimeme View Post
    I know they are TEAM bronze medalists. They should have been announced as such instead of simply "bronze medalists." Yes? It was two completely different events, team and individual, yes? Yes. Sssnnnnnnaaaarrrrkkkk!!

Again thanks to local weather I'm not seeing much of worlds. I think I give up on skating today.
    An athlete who takes home an Olympic bronze medal is an Olympic bronze medalist. Jason, Gracie, Ashley, Marissa & Simon and Jeremy were awarded bronze medals in Sochi. They are therefore unequivocally olympic bronze medalists. I see no reason to try to qualify it to make it something lesser.

vCash
    The team medalists will take a while for folks to get used to, so let's just get used to it. Anybody who receives a medal is a medalist, and we know the three colors. Sheesh!

vCash
    I would have preferred NBC to show a different skater that hasn't been shown yet instead of a second number from D/W.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moebius View Post
    I would have preferred NBC to show a different skater that hasn't been shown yet instead of a second number from D/W.
    Like Josh maybe?

vCash
    I wish they had shown some more of the skaters who were not on the Olympic team. I would have rather seen some fresh choreography. Other than Jeremy and Navarro/Bommente, I had seen it all before and done better. Gracie's (I keep wanting to call her Goldie) "Chicago" exhibition number was much more interesting than that "Frozen" number, although I'm not a fan of adults doing Disney numbers period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceanne View Post
    I wish they had shown some more of the skaters who were not on the Olympic team. I would have rather seen some fresh choreography. Other than Jeremy and Navarro/Bommente, I had seen it all before and done better. Gracie's (I keep wanting to call her Goldie) "Chicago" exhibition number was much more interesting than that "Frozen" number, although I'm not a fan of adults doing Disney numbers period.
    Quite honestly, I was shocked they allowed us to see ANYONE who wasn't on the Olympic team. I expected we would get second Ashley & Gracie programs and was pleasantly surprised.

Gracie's Let It Go is choreographically empty and while I prefer Chicago, I don't think at 18 she's too old for it especially at a show where 50% of the audience was girls under 14.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauren329 View Post
    Gracie's Let It Go is choreographically empty and while I prefer Chicago, I don't think at 18 she's too old for it especially at a show where 50% of the audience was girls under 14.
    I agree, I don't think she's too old to skate to the song too and from what I've read on social media sites a portion of the audience (maybe the teens and younger kids) in most of the venues were singing along to the lyrics during the programs.
    Last edited by redfiretrees; 04-16-2014 at 11:31 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redfiretrees View Post
    I agree, I don't think she's too old to skate to the song too and from what I've read on social media sites a portion of the audience (maybe the teens and younger kids) in most of the venues were singing along to the lyrics during the programs.
    And if little kids begging their parents to take them to see "Queen Elsa" skate is going to boost ticket sales, go for it.

vCash
    Was very glad they showed both of D/W's programs. Jason and Ashley were terrific as were NavBoms, and the group number was fun. Josh Farris definitely has "it" as a performer.

I thought Gracie's interpretation of "Let it go" absolutely stunk. Typical plastic Gracie performance with a painted on smile that doesn't relate to the music at all. And when she wiggled her hips and tried to act sexy during the "cold doesn't bother me anyway" lines... Does she actually LISTEN to the music she performs to before she skates to it? This is not a smiley Disney Princess song, its a song of power, angst, and venting. Somewhere, "Adele Dazeem" had to be cringing...
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12