Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticchic View Post
    Okay I will set the record straight. H&D are staying with Pasquale. They love him and are loyal to him and the team.
    Massimo takes over Oleg's job at Canton. He went back to Chicago.
    I doubt any team will leave DSC for Canton this year or next.
    Pasquale and Massi remain good friends and he was told he will always be welcomed back with open arms.
    Massi was looking to expand his horizons. Everyone is sad to see Massi leave DSC.
    I for one will be happy if H/D stay with Pasquale. I loved Madi and Zach's FD this season, and I want them to continue to have choreography that is different from what Marina gives her skaters. Also, although Madi's injury prevented them from training with full capacity, Madi and Zach were able to improve their skating and results this season, and that suggests that Pasquale knows how to train a skater without overworking her. This will be extremely important as Madison returns to training after her surgery.

vCash
    Okay I will set the record straight. H&D are staying with Pasquale. They love him and are loyal to him and the team.
    Massimo takes over Oleg's job at Canton. He went back to Chicago.
    I doubt any team will leave DSC for Canton this year or next.
    Pasquale and Massi remain good friends and he was told he will always be welcomed back with open arms.
    Massi was looking to expand his horizons. Everyone is sad to see Massi leave DSC.
    Yay! Thanks for the word

I wonder if DSC will try to find a replacement for Massimo, after all K/C have a lot of couples. I read that Fabian Bourzat will join Shpilband in Novi, maybe Tessa Virtue could be someone, who would be interested to join DSC? I think she would be a great choreographer.
    If I was an ice dancer, I'd kill to learn from Tessa. It'd be great if she decided to coach/choreograph.
    Last edited by blancanieves; 04-11-2014 at 07:06 PM.

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    Tessa and Scott have moved back to Canada, although I did see Tessa parking space sign still there. (I parked in it)

Hmm, I wonder if this means that Margaglio is staying in Finland after all.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    No Margaglio will be coming to Canton along with 3 Chinese teams

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I hope the Chinese teams can get a jump-start there.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Prick Admin
    vCash
    So Margaglio is the new Dubova....
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I thought he was the new Linichuk.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marta24 View Post
    I wonder if DSC will try to find a replacement for Massimo, after all K/C have a lot of couples. I read that Fabian Bourzat will join Shpilband in Novi, maybe Tessa Virtue could be someone, who would be interested to join DSC? I think she would be a great choreographer.
    Tessa has wonderful skills, and I can see her having good potential as a coach (although being great at something and teaching that something are two very different things), but is there any evidence that she has promise as a choreographer? The only time I remember her choreographing for a team was for Karen Routhier & Eric Saucke-Lacelle, and the results were not amazing.

vCash
    One of the young U.S. pair skaters that trained in Canton, Jeffrey Fishman (age 18, 5th in Novice Pairs at 2013 Nationals), recently listed himself on IPS with the intention of switching to ice dance. He lists Tim McKernan (former U.S. national & junior international ice dancer) as one of his coaches in addition to Zoueva.

Alissandra Aronow/Collin Brubaker (9th in Senior Dance at 2014 U.S. Nationals) are listed in USFS' International Selectional Pool for 2014-15, along with the Shibutanis.

Are the Hasegawa siblings (10th in Senior Dance at 2014 Canadians) still training in Canton? http://www.ice-dance.com/main/athlet...onnor-hasegawa

ETA: Federica Bernardi (ITA) is also listed on IPS and trained part-time with Zoueva last summer, IIRC: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00013769.htm
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-12-2014 at 12:07 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniwren12 View Post
    I thought the same thing. I'd think she'd want to grab a new team coming right from juniors. Has Marina taken any new teams from the senior level lately? It seems she pounces on them when they're young so she can mold them easier...

Fingers crossed Hawayek and Baker stay where they are, but I agree that the Shibs would do well training with H/D. They'd push each other like VM and DW.
    I am curious to see which Wheaton team will make the move to Michigan first. I wonder if she has her eye on any of them- McNamara/Carpenter, Parsons/Parsons, or Pogrebinsky/Gudis?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    So long as it's the American H/D who end up with Marina, I don't care. If she tries to get the Spanish H/D I'll be annoyed.
    If Hurtado/Diaz go to Zoueva for some reason (which seems unlikely at the moment), it won't be because of Massimo Scali, as they train with Dubreuil/Lauzon in Montreal, Canada, not at the DSC with Krylova and Camerlengo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tourtiere View Post

Yes, because C/L are Italians and Massimo Scali is also Italian, they are willing to just leave Igor. Um Okay
    I think many skaters, particularly those from Europe, speak more than one language. There can still be language barriers but sometimes skaters use a language like English that may not be their first language, but which allows them to work with a particular coach, etc.

I remember seeing a profile on Sasha Cohen & Tarasova a number of years ago which explained their unusual language situation. Tarasova only speaks a little English, so sometimes she and Sasha would speak in Russian which Sasha heard a bit of growing up and could understand a little. Sometimes one would say something in one language and the other one would respond in a different language. Tarasova said people at the rink sometimes wondered if she and Sasha were crazy!

vCash
    I wonder if Mao conversed with Tarasova in English.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    WoW!

Massimo is her first big acquisition of the summer and surely not her last!

Slay girl slay!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OrioleBeagle View Post
    McNamara/Carpenter

I fully expect this to take place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    I wonder if Mao conversed with Tarasova in English.
    I don't think there's much conversing in lessons with . You do what she asks -or else. Am pretty sure Mao had a Russian translator around at some point from a fluff piece a while back, but not sure it that was permanent or temporary. I did wonder if communication was an issue between her and Tarasova, but it's not like she was the technical coach anyway.

vCash
    Say what you will about Marina, but the woman is a survivor and strategic. I admit I had my doubts of her ability to stay on as a top-tier coach, especially after the bad will she probably created within the insular ice dance world. But the woman continues to surprise.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    I don't think there's much conversing in lessons with . You do what she asks -or else. Am pretty sure Mao had a Russian translator around at some point from a fluff piece a while back, but not sure it that was permanent or temporary. I did wonder if communication was an issue between her and Tarasova, but it's not like she was the technical coach anyway.
    True. Mao really hired Tarasova to bust a gut at rinkside, like she always does. One of my favorites is that video of her watching Kovtun. However, my favorite is her totally OTT reaction to G/P's Nagano FD that was matched by Grishuk's totally OTT reaction (as if she didn't know the gold medal wasn't already engraved with her name on it).

vCash
    True. Mao really hired Tarasova to bust a gut at rinkside, like she always does. One of my favorites is that video of her watching Kovtun. However, my favorite is her totally OTT reaction to G/P's Nagano FD that was matched by Grishuk's totally OTT reaction (as if she didn't know the gold medal wasn't already engraved with her name on it).
    To be fair, she's lost a lot of weight lately, if none of her politiking power. Nagano after ice dance is worth re-watching, though. to the max between her and Grishuk. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCE1TwOjv3k#t=5m03s

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    I think many skaters, particularly those from Europe, speak more than one language. There can still be language barriers but sometimes skaters use a language like English that may not be their first language, but which allows them to work with a particular coach, etc.
    Last time I checked C/L and Igor had no communication barriers between either one. In fact C/L speak very good English, and in the case of Anna speaks almost fluently.

vCash
    Say what you will about Marina, but the woman is a survivor and strategic. I admit I had my doubts of her ability to stay on as a top-tier coach, especially after the bad will she probably created within the insular ice dance world. But the woman continues to surprise.
    Let's not count the chickens before they hatch. So she acquired Scali, a great steal thus far. Before calling her a strategic genius let's see how her teams fare next season. Shibs will be a big test.

The only problem I see is that I don't think Zoueva will let Scali's artistic talents shine. I still think Zoueva will still have her fingerprints all over Canton choreo. Hopefully Scali is a good technician (I did not think that was his role at DSC but I don't know) because they need one. Shibs will be a test.

Scali is a great addition, but let's wait for the results of next season to see if Zoueva actually utilized his talents properly. Since Zoueva will probably not allow Scali to touch her choreo let's hope he can be a great technician.

I read Scali is very direct and in your face approach to his students. He has a very artistic vision with regards to programs so I don't know how will be able to stand Zoueva I wonder if they will butt heads especially if his artistic talents gets thwarted by Zoueva

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast