Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I wonder if C&L will switch because they're Italian, although that really doesn't have much to do with anything when figure skating is such an international collaboration these days. Just curious, does anyone know where Guignard and Fabbri train?

Yes, because C/L are Italians and Massimo Scali is also Italian, they are willing to just leave Igor. Um Okay

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blancanieves View Post
    True. H/D climbing up the World Ranking and scoring high in SB scores despite missing Worlds and the Olympics, says a lot about how much the judges like them. I think they are the team poised to breakthrough. Marina can offer them the political clout they need and Massimo being there probably makes the idea more palatable. It'll be an interesting summer for sure.
    It sounds a little desperate for Marina. Unless Massimo is a technical coach/technician (which I didn't think was his main role at DSC) I'm not sure how this could work. I can't see Scali taking over choreography from Zoueva any time soon. Zoueva's fingerprints will be all over the choreo of her dance pairs, I can't see that changing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I wonder if C&L will switch because they're Italian, although that really doesn't have much to do with anything when figure skating is such an international collaboration these days. Just curious, does anyone know where Guignard and Fabbri train?
    Guignard/Fabbri train in Milan (Agorà skating club) with barbara Fusar Poli, Cappellini/Lanotte train in Milan (Forum skating club) with Paola Mezzadri.
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tourtiere View Post
    It sounds a little desperate for Marina. Unless Massimo is a technical coach/technician (which I didn't think was his main role at DSC) I'm not sure how this could work. I can't see Scali taking over choreography from Zoueva any time soon. Zoueva's fingerprints will be all over the choreo of her dance pairs, I can't see that changing.
    I think Massimo does both. Another key factor, though, could be Britta Ottoboni (physical trainer at DSC). She's tops in her field and Madison credited her with helping to manage the injury pre-surgery. She might prefer to stay at DSC to continue to work closely with Ottoboni during her recovery.

vCash
    Does it mean Margaglio still works with Zueva as well as Scali, or is Scali to replace Margaglio?

vCash
    Italian article: http://www.neveitalia.it/sport/figur...-marina-zoueva

In a period in which bank holding retreats and births of new couples, something starts to move even on the front of the coaches.

The former skater, technical and choreographer Italian Massimo Scali, after three years of successful collaboration, will leave the team workout in Bloomfield Hills directed by Pasquale Camerlengo and moved to Canton where it operates Marina Zoueva.

The thirty-four Monterotondo, vice-European champion in 2009 and 2010 as well as world bronze in 2010 in tandem with Federica Faiella, will begin the new adventure from 1 June. Located in Canton, a resort town in Michigan as well as Bloomfield Hills, should find the Shibutani siblings, currently second U.S. couple, always arrives confirmation of the withdrawal of Davis / White.

It is rumored, but at the moment there is no confirmation of any kind in this regard that the Americans Hubbell / Donohue and Canadian Paul / Islam, couples in which Scali has mostly focused its attention in the last period can decide to follow him.

Moreover, it should be noted that with the coaching staff led by Marina Zoueva, which includes among many Oleg Epstein and Johnny Johns, collaborated last season Maurizio Margaglio.

Scali, stationed between 2011 and 2014 at the Detroit Skating Club, has worked closely with Elizabeth Swallow, Natalia Deller Annenko, Pasquale Camerlengo and Angelika Krylova with whom he followed last season many pairs of vertex among which are Remember Alexandra Aldridge / Daniel Eaton, Kaitlin Hawayek / Jean-Luc Baker, Madison Hubbell / Zachary Donohue, Alexandra Paul / Mitchell Islam, Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje and Danielle O'Brien / Gregory Merriman, who today announced his retirement from racing .

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Interesting article. A week ago the following post was made :

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin Bean View Post
    It would be great to see these guys follow Massimo Scali to work with Marina. Training at DSC risks them being held back because W/P will be the number 1 team.
    That poster seems to have connections to Australian skating somehow and has been at DSC as at least an observer.

So they knew a week ago Scali was leaving for Canton and in the same post wishes P&I to follow.

Tie that together with the article and and it seems reasonable to guess Marina got replacement teams V&M and D&W.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    I think it will depend on whether they can beat C&B or The Shibs. To get more backing & political support they will need to be more competitive with their American rivals.
    They were extremely competitive all season long despite the injury, which apparently restricted their ability to train (and, one would say, compete) at full speed. In the only direct comparison, Nationals, they were only 2 points behind the Shibs, and in the fall Grand Prix series, their scores were very close to C/B and the Shibs despite skating in the early part of the season when scores aren't as inflated and programs (across all teams) aren't as seasoned as in the end. A healthy H/D who are able to train at full speed and skate fearlessly at competitions will undoubtedly level the playing field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Marina is smart. I bet she has her eye on Jean-Luc!
    I thought the same thing. I'd think she'd want to grab a new team coming right from juniors. Has Marina taken any new teams from the senior level lately? It seems she pounces on them when they're young so she can mold them easier...

Fingers crossed Hawayek and Baker stay where they are, but I agree that the Shibs would do well training with H/D. They'd push each other like VM and DW.

vCash
    Is Oleg Epstein still in Canton?

I guess this is how Zoueva is acquiring new teams. Going after a coach who has some strong teams who might go with him.
    Last edited by Rafter; 04-11-2014 at 06:47 PM.

vCash
    That is an extremely clever move by Zoueva. Maybe she realises her weaknesses after all?

Scali is going to bring in a fresh perspective and make her choreo less , I hope.

It could work by Scali giving some input and ideas into the choreographic process. She will certainly still be in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    Is Oleg Epstein still in Canton?
    Three posts above yours: 'Moreover, it should be noted that with the coaching staff led by Marina Zoueva, which includes among many Oleg Epstein and Johnny Johns, collaborated last season Maurizio Margaglio.'
    Last edited by Ziggy; 04-11-2014 at 03:50 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    There is a very long interview with Marina, discussing all her students. Does anyone have a good translation?
    http://rsport.ru/interview/20140410/742362417.html
    Anyone?
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniwren12 View Post
    I thought the same thing. I'd think she'd want to grab a new team coming right from juniors. Has Marina taken any new teams from the senior level lately? It seems she pounces on them when they're young so she can mold them easier...

Fingers crossed Hawayek and Baker stay where they are, but I agree that the Shibs would do well training with H/D. They'd push each other like VM and DW.
    I can see the Shibs NOT liking it. The two teams would push each other, but I would say H/D were their main rivals on the national scene this past season, and the Shibs were super lucky that Madison was hampered by an injury. H/D still did very well, but they could have been even better and they did come close to making the Olympic team. And the Shibs might just end up back in the shadows of yet another team.

H/D have been progressing very well under Krylova and Camerlengo, and I'd like to see that continue but I actually wouldn't be surprised if they did follow Massimo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    It could work by Scali giving some input and ideas into the choreographic process. She will certainly still be in control.
    That's my point. Marina won't let Scali touch her precious choreo, I bet . I want to see Scali's choreography but as long as Zoueva is head of the school, more Marina choreography for all her pairs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    Massimo Scali has been working with both H&D and P&I, so it's speculated one of them may go with him, most likely H&D. But it will be a period of adjustment since Madison is just getting back on the ice after surgery. P&I seem stable where they are so perhaps they wouldn't want to move.
    So long as it's the American H/D who end up with Marina, I don't care. If she tries to get the Spanish H/D I'll be annoyed.

This is a good career move for Scali and a good rebuilding move for Zoueva. But they really need to rebuild the roster of top teams in Canton, because there is only so much one can do with the Shibs.

vCash
    That's my point. Marina won't let Scali touch her precious choreo, I bet . I want to see Scali's choreography but as long as Zoueva is head of the school, more Marina choreography for all her pairs.
    I don't think she would have poached him otherwise. She has already collaborated with Maurizio Margaglio this season. He was involved in creating some of the programs for her teams, IIRC.

vCash
    Okay I will set the record straight. H&D are staying with Pasquale. They love him and are loyal to him and the team.
    Massimo takes over Oleg's job at Canton. He went back to Chicago.
    I doubt any team will leave DSC for Canton this year or next.
    Pasquale and Massi remain good friends and he was told he will always be welcomed back with open arms.
    Massi was looking to expand his horizons. Everyone is sad to see Massi leave DSC.

vCash
    I wonder if DSC will try to find a replacement for Massimo, after all K/C have a lot of couples. I read that Fabian Bourzat will join Shpilband in Novi, maybe Tessa Virtue could be someone, who would be interested to join DSC? I think she would be a great choreographer.

vCash
    Also, I saw Vladislav Vladimirovich Zhovnirski there at the rink with his team of Lina Fedorova/Maxim Miroshkin

vCash
    Tessa and Scott have moved back to Canada, although I did see Tessa parking space sign still there. (I parked in it)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast