Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1006

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    There's a very touching write-up about M&C's Olympic medal ceremony and how Cheryl had to miss it in this month's SKATING magazine. It's on page 4.

Also a great recap of the Olympic FD on page 10.
    Thank you! What a good read. Loved this:

"I got a text from my cousin," Meryl says to Charlie. "'I think I just heard Morgan Freeman say your name.'"

vCash
    Yesterday I was explaining why I believed Maks did not demand or request Meryl specifically as a partner before the start of the show, and that he instead was genuinely shocked when he learned he had her. In doing so, I said Maks is a bad actor, he has no filter, and “wears his heart on his sleeve.” Well what do you know! The lyrics to “Feel So Close” are:

I feel so close to you right now
    It's a force field
    I wear my heart upon my sleeve, like a big deal
    Your love pours down on me, surrounds me like a waterfall
    And there's no stopping us right now
    I feel so close to you right now

So what I think is the producers of course know Maks wears his heart on his sleeve, and so this song was chosen for them because it fits him so well. They also see like many of us the good chemistry between Meryl and Maks, so the other words fit very well also.

I can’t help but think they purposely gave Meryl/Maks a dog of a song last week. Why? I have no idea. Maybe they just wanted to see how they could tackle something difficult and weird since Meryl was already doing so well – and she and Maks did a pretty good job of it, all things considered. And NeNe’s assigned song, of course, was also very purposeful as it fits her persona so well. These producers can be very devious!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    There's a very touching write-up about M&C's Olympic medal ceremony and how Cheryl had to miss it in this month's SKATING magazine. It's on page 4.

Also a great recap of the Olympic FD on page 10.
    Thank you for the link! That was a lovely read, you can just feel how pride people have taken in Meryl and Charlie. I liked how, I think on page 12, it was mentioned that they aren't always perfect. Because they aren't, but they are always solid and that counts for a lot. It's been wonderful to watch them progress so far in these last four years.

I was that the first Scheherezade lift wasn't working so close to the start of the Olympics so I can't imagine how they were feeling! And what's more, I can't believe that Meryl even admitted it

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    I was that the first Scheherezade lift wasn't working so close to the start of the Olympics so I can't imagine how they were feeling! And what's more, I can't believe that Meryl even admitted it
    I know, that shocked me!! I'm so glad I didn't know that before the Olympics or it might've truly put my heart over the edge.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by belladashwood View Post
    Thanks sooo much for taking the time to explain this for everyone else. Corky and Shirley Ballas are legends in Int'l Latin & have trained practically all the DWTS pros , only to be runner up to Donnie Burns & Gaynor Fairweather multiple times in competition; .
    Which I haven't got the slightest problem with as between Shirley and Gaynor I'm six-of-one, half a dozen of another, and I vastly prefer Donnie to Corky. There is a video on youtube somewhere of Shirley and Corky being interviewed way back in the day during a competition and there is a reference to their son whom the interviewer refers to as "Corky Jr." Poor Mark. (Though he does look UNCANNILY like his father.) Of course the whole thing of how Shirley wound up dancing with Corky is a tabloid story, too (let's just say it's no surprise they're divorced now.)

"Wonder triplets" was what some DWTS fans dubbed them in the first couple seasons they were on when it was obvious they were the favored new children. Julianne got in, got wins, got out, which is probably smart. Mark just can't seem to compete with Derek, yet again....

I'm using "ballroom" collectively, not in the sense of Standard. Lacey gets no respect as a Latin dancer, either as she's never done anything of note there. She's a big thing from the Swing world, but WCS does not generally get tons of respect carryover.

I think Derek and to a lesser extent Chelsie were viewed as kind of wasting a LOT of potential. Val not so much because he DID stick it out, and he probably would have been politically punished on the Am side if he'd stayed at the time he quit. Getting yourself in trouble by opening your mouth off the floor seems to be a family trait, though in Val's case I agreed with him-the nastiness and sanctions from WDSF were petty and silly considering it'll likely be a cold day in Hell before dancesport makes the Olympics. (And supposedly Maks has mellowed since he started judging himself and realized this is not nearly as easy as it looks! The first time I had him on a panel was the first major comp he judged, Yankee Classic, and you could tell he was kind of nervous AND auto-marking some things-ie, decided "Okay, that's 1, that's 2, that's 3," and marked a multidance the same way all the way through.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by E.A. Week View Post
    Seeing them in Portland tomorrow night!
    Ooo girl, you scared me! I thought I had tons of time. I went to the website and now I see you mean Portland, ME...not Portland, OR.

vCash
    Meryl and Charlie interviewed on WJR Radio today.

http://p.cmlsdet.com/feed/audio.mp3?id=8276

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    Meryl and Charlie interviewed on WJR Radio today.

http://p.cmlsdet.com/feed/audio.mp3?id=8276
    Their schedule sucks! I'm glad they're enjoying these opportunities, but the schedule is horrible. So glad for their sakes that there is no show on Sunday this weekend! And I hope that they get to spend time with their families during the Detroit stop.

vCash
    That interviewer kept trying to get them to go off script--not going to happen, buddy. I would fall out of my chair with laughter if one of them would trash talk the other, but yeah, will be waiting a looooooong time.

Really close to a new thread--I vote for #27: Phoning it in for Davis and White.

vCash
    Wow, their schedule is horrible. I hope they have a wonderful extended vacation after SOI and DWTS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CassAgain View Post
    Really close to a new thread--I vote for #27: Phoning it in for Davis and White.
    Me too!

vCash
    "Phone it in" has a negative connotation: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/phone_it_in
    (idiomatic) To fulfill a responsibility with a minimum effort rather than the appropriate level of effort.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    "Phone it in" has a negative connotation: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/phone_it_in
    Yes, it was a dig at Maks by a guest judge, but I am all for 1) self-deprecating humor and 2) turning a negative into a positive

vCash
    Okay. I think it's fine if "Phone it in" is in quotations in the title.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    This week, Maks made a joke about how viewers need to "Phone it In" (it being the votes) for Meryl, since he was accused of phoning it in with Danica.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    This week, Maks made a joke about how viewers need to "Phone it In" (it being the votes) for Meryl, since he was accused of phoning it in with Danica.

Hope Meryl and Maks do get to dance to Feel So Close. The song is great and the lyrics are perfect for them!

vCash
    I don't care for the Phone it In. why give the trolls fodder. I liked the Happy Feet suggestion (although maybe tired feet would be more appropriate by now!!)
    How about:
    Davis and White: Supercalifragilistic

vCash
    On the road with the fearless four:

http://instagram.com/p/m8R2ibyQGY/#

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by semogal View Post
    I don't care for the Phone it In. why give the trolls fodder. I liked the Happy Feet suggestion (although maybe tired feet would be more appropriate by now!!)
    How about:
    Davis and White: Supercalifragilistic
    why no "expialidocious"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CassAgain View Post
    On the road with the fearless four:

http://instagram.com/p/m8R2ibyQGY/#

Love this pic! I personally liked Happy Feet for the new thread title. It just seemed appropriate to me.

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast