Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    at Maks sweeping the floor for her Majesty's entrance and then holding onto her as long as possible, even while hugging his own brother. And then his missed swipe to grab her again after the scores.
    I loved that part!

Here is a lower quality video of Meryl and Val including their pre dance package.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEy4Ij_LMg4

vCash
    Seriously, these two are superhuman. I don't know how they do it? They should be jet-lagged and pooped after all the SOI this weekend(seems like last night was late with all the TV shooting going on), and not killing it on the ballroom floor.

ETA: They are Olympic Champions for a reason.

vCash
    I saw Cheryl and Paul in the audience, right behind Meryl and Val while they were dancing. They must be so proud!

vCash
    Meryl's dance was obviously amazing, but I'd like to point out how sharp and fast her foot movements were. Whatever advantages figure skaters may have on this show, it is NOT footwork because it is so different from what they do with their feet on skates, so this was extra exceptional. But frankly, it was exceptional compared to a pro dancer dancing an AT. I'm so proud!

Also, figure skating fans who know Meryl & Charlie already keep commenting that they are at a disadvantage on this show because they don't show their personalities. That really hasn't been true. Non-fs fans on the DWTS boards are constantly commenting about how adorable Charlie is and how great his personality is. And Meryl was adorable in her package tonight, especially when she did the trust fall.

vCash
    I'm by no means any kind of dance expert (as many of you on here obviously are, so I defer to you) BUT I can spot inconsistency in voting when I see it, and as was previously mentioned, I just don't get marking Charlie down for things that others are not marked down for. I get that they are holding Meryl and Charlie to a higher level and expecting more, but 7?? It just seems to me that they low-balled Meryl the first couple of weeks and now they're doing the same to Charlie. I know the whole "ringers" thing and all, but it seems like a type of reverse discrimination to me. I also admit I don't consistently watch DWTS, so I don't really know how they do things, but anyway, I thought he did a great job tonight, and of course Meryl was amazing and deserved every one of her 10s. I was proud of Charlie for handling his criticism with such grace (that's our Charlie and I was equally proud of Meryl for looking decidedly NOT AMUSED when he was being critiqued. The Queen did not seem to take too kindly to those knocking her King

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I loved that part!

Here is a lower quality video of Meryl and Val including their pre dance package.
    Thanks! Maks is killing me. "You open up your heart and you get stabbed!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by applelady View Post
    I was proud of Charlie for handling his criticism with such grace (that's our Charlie and I was equally proud of Meryl for looking decidedly NOT AMUSED when he was being critiqued. The Queen did not seem to take too kindly to those knocking her King
    Meryl looked like she was cracking her knuckles during the judges comments. I was like WATCH OUT. The queen is displeased.

vCash
    Alright, since you know all the girls next week are going to want to be princesses, I kind of want to see Meryl do a villain's song, so we can have an excuse to dub those clips of evil!Meryl on Tessa&Scott

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    Meryl's dance was obviously amazing, but I'd like to point out how sharp and fast her foot movements were. Whatever advantages figure skaters may have on this show, it is NOT footwork because it is so different from what they do with their feet on skates, so this was extra exceptional. But frankly, it was exceptional compared to a pro dancer dancing an AT. I'm so proud!...
    I think her footwork tonight was the direct result of Val's stricter and more detail-oriented teaching. Maks isn't quite as detail oriented when it comes to technique and footwork. For this couple, I sort of wish they could have another week together.

But Meryl with Maks has been nice too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I loved that part!

I want a man who will braid my hair for me...

vCash
    Well with the movie coming out soon, she can play Maleficent

"I am not afraid"
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniwren12 View Post
    Alright, since you know all the girls next week are going to want to be princesses, I kind of want to see Meryl do a villain's song, so we can have an excuse to dub those clips of evil!Meryl on Tessa&Scott
    I want her to dance to Hellfire from Hunchback of Notre Dame.

vCash
    I think I like Meryl with Val more than Meryl with Maks.

vCash
    I thought Meryl was amazing! And Charlie was great, too. I also don't think Peta was necessarily sabotaging him (I thought all the pros did their best for their switch-partners, naturally not everyone clicked), sometimes you get away with breaking all kinds of rules for no discernable reason on DWTS, sometimes they gang up on you. Though I did read (unverified, of course) rumours somewhere that Charlie isn't getting that many votes as well, I don't know if I believe it, but that would be concerning. D/W are up against loads of people with substantial fan bases now.

Meryl's been great with both Val and Maks. It's awesome that she can create rapport with two different dancers. I like her more with Maks because I find the way they're actually an obvious mismatch but make it work anyway both impressive and amusing. But she would have been awesome with Val, too. Charlie's not such a natural at creating chemistry like that, he tried his best this week with Peta and it was nice. But it obviously takes more effort for him to open up and perform with a partner. Perhaps it's a combination of Meryl being more expressive and both Maks and Val being better at creating the right kind of mood, chemistry, character in their dances to suit Meryl? Both Sharna and Peta have given it a try with Charlie and nothing so far has completely worked IMO.

(Though I did kind of like Danica better with Maks? Yes, there could have been more content, though it was decent enough, but IMO this is the first week she was really performing and looking comfortable.)
    Last edited by Katha; 04-08-2014 at 05:52 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    I think I like Meryl with Val more than Meryl with Maks.
    There were great together, but the chemistry was completely different. I like the sexy seductive Meryl from last week!

vCash
    I just threw most of my votes to Charlie because after tonight's dance, I don't think Meryl will need much voting help getting through to the end. Charlie, otoh, might need it because of the large fan bases of some of the others, and he just hasn't stood out the way Meryl has.

I know Drew Carey can't dance much, but I thoroughly enjoyed his dance just for its entertainment value.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia2013 View Post
    I want a man who will braid my hair for me...

The thought of Val braiding my hair.....where's the faint emotie when you need it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlie fan View Post
    I just threw most of my votes to Charlie because after tonight's dance, I don't think Meryl will need much voting help getting through to the end. Charlie, otoh, might need it because of the large fan bases of some of the others, and he just hasn't stood out the way Meryl has.
    Obviously everyone should vote for whoever they want, but I just want to point out that it can be dangerous to assume that because Meryl it top of the leader board she doesn't need votes. The points aren't really that far apart and they workout to some very slim percentage margins that can definitely be overcome by voting. There have been times when the top scorer, or close to the top, has gone home like Sabrina Bryant on both her original season and all stars.

I've seen more than a few messages on DWTS boards that while the admit Meryl is an amazing dancer they just don't like her and think she's cold. On the other hand,Charlie is thought to be super cute and adorable. He's the type who the voting audience has generally voted for in the past not some like Meryl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura4 View Post
    The thought of Val braiding my hair.....where's the faint emotie when you need it?
    Yup, I'd be down with Val braiding my hair for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousCCat View Post
    Obviously everyone should vote for whoever they want, but I just want to point out that it can be dangerous to assume that because Meryl it top of the leader board she doesn't need votes. The points aren't really that far apart and they workout to some very slim percentage margins that can definitely be overcome by voting. There have been times when the top scorer, or close to the top, has gone home like Sabrina Bryant on both her original season and all stars.

I've seen more than a few messages on DWTS boards that while the admit Meryl is an amazing dancer they just don't like her and think she's cold. On the other hand,Charlie is thought to be super cute and adorable. He's the type who the voting audience has generally voted for in the past not some like Meryl.
    My thoughts exactly!

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast