Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by newbatgirl View Post
    Wow, they all look exhausted.
    It's the first time I've ever seen Meryl look that tired.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia2013 View Post
    It's the first time I've ever seen Meryl look that tired.
    Agreed. I really hope they're not overdoing it, and I hope once both SOI and DWTS are over they get to go on long vacations-and that Meryl can finally get her puppy, and watch Game of Thrones.

vCash
    They look great in rehearsals but I also worry this crazy schedule of their's is going to catch up to them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Right, like you, I wasn't there. But I'm also not posting in this thread that it was a lie ("pulling crap out of thin air"). I don't know what happened and neither do you.
    You know what we'll just have to agree to disagree, and because I'm not changing what I personally think about it. Also you must have missed in that post that if anyone wants debate about Maks partnership w/ Hope Solo then take it to the general DWTS thread in the Off the Beaten Track section, most of us here wanna talk about Meryl and Charlie what they have going on for next week's dances, so please don't continue anymore talk about that here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    Agreed. I really hope they're not overdoing it, and I hope once both SOI and DWTS are over they get to go on long vacations-and that Meryl can finally get her puppy, and watch Game of Thrones.
    Just the thought of changing time zones by 3 hours two times a week seems grueling in and of itself. To add bus rides, practice and performing on top of that takes it to a level of superhuman. Hopefully, it will get a smidge better as the tour gets closer to the west coast. The show packages surprisingly make no mention of it. The "ringer"-iness is totally nullified by what they have to go through making it a level playing field.

vCash
    Davis and White: Happy Feet

Throwback to their 2008-09 OD
    I'm not so sure we should evoke memories of that particular OD, especially at a time like this

Meryl tweeted this out today, it's her and Maks as Mickey and Minnie
    https://twitter.com/juliachickadee/s...719169/photo/1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    I'm not so sure we should evoke memories of that particular OD, especially at a time like this

Meryl tweeted this out today, it's her and Maks as Mickey and Minnie
    https://twitter.com/juliachickadee/s...719169/photo/1
    Too cute!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    Rehearsing for Monday in Manchester
    http://www.wmur.com/entertainment/da...ester/25534324
    I don't think I've seen them look that exhausted, but Meryl and Charlie amaze me with how they keep going. Hopefully they're taking care of themselves so they don't get sick with this grueling schedule. At least they don't have as many SOI tour dates as Evan did when he did DWTS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Fever View Post
    How 'bout: Phone it in for Davis & White
    I definitely like this one, it's a subtle reminder for everyone to vote for Meryl and Charlie

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by newbatgirl View Post
    Wow, they all look exhausted.
    They do look tired--I thought Meryl looked tired also in the video package this week--I hope they can get some rest somehow! Hopefully it gets easier next week when the tour shifts to the West Coast.

Well, whatever his past history, Maks seems very supportive of Meryl right now, which makes me happy.

vCash
    Just the thought of changing time zones by 3 hours two times a week seems grueling in and of itself. To add bus rides, practice and performing on top of that takes it to a level of superhuman. Hopefully, it will get a smidge better as the tour gets closer to the west coast. The show packages surprisingly make no mention of it. The "ringer"-iness is totally nullified by what they have to go through making it a level playing field.
    I know! I mean unless they've requested that SOI not factor in to their show packages, I'm amazed it isn't mentioned more. Jules mentioned it on Afterbuzz, so why not on DWTS itself? When it was Evan I feel like they couldn't mention it enough; it was always coming up.

vCash
    Kind of funny how the article says "THEY have their eyes set on a mirrorball trophy." Um. . . only one person can win! (though I'm sure if one of them wins the glory will be shared with the other)
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    I agree that they (especially Meryl) looks very tired. Hopefully they can find time to rest. I'm impressed with their determination.

What gesture was Meryl making around :19 sec? I wonder if has to do with costumes. I love seeing a preview of rehearsals. I have been curious as to why SOI hasn't been mentioned. They must have decided not to mention it on the show.

vCash
    I'm taking party anthem to mean a really popular dance club song, and that's hardly "Feel So Close," but I can picture it as a tango. As long as Maks remembers the rules and doesn't break hold, I think their dance will be fine. Of course, how they perform hardly has any impact on what their scores are!

vCash
    Is Maks wearing Cody Simpson pants?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clairecloutier View Post
    So, I am new to DWTS. Everyone here is saying Derek is the most popular male pro. My question is, who is the best of the male pros just in terms of dance skills? Or is it impossible to choose?

So far, I have been most impressed with Val. I think he's fantastic. He seems very solid and secure and precise in his partnering. He does an excellent job of guiding his partners and letting them shine, without drawing too much attention to himself. Also, he always seems very much on the rhythm, and just very reliable. I like Maks too, and the other guys, but Val has impressed me most. Curious to know what other people think.
    This is my first season watching as well & I am also enjoying Val the most of the male pros - though they are all so good that the others aren't far behind him.
    Bringing bitchy back like Anabelle Langlois

vCash
    Davis and White: Happy Feet

Throwback to their 2008-09 OD
    I liked that OD a lot! I was impressed by how Charlie made so many mistakes(at least 2 falls I think, and off on other elements too) during their OD at Cup of Russia that season, while Meryl still managed to deliver her parts well. There was a screen-snap of Charlie fell out of the camera with Meryl kept her happy dancing face during the MidLine step in a thread, and somebody said that maybe some day when D/W became world or Olympic medalists, they would look at that picture with a smile. Wow it feels like a century ago thinking about this OD! (hope I'm not off-topic! lol)

p.s. I enjoy reading all the posts in this thread!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheriepopo View Post
    I liked that OD a lot! I was impressed by how Charlie made so many mistakes(at least 2 falls I think, and off on other elements too) during their OD at Cup of Russia that season, while Meryl still managed to deliver her parts well. There was a screen-snap of Charlie fell out of the camera with Meryl kept her happy dancing face during the MidLine step in a thread, and somebody said that maybe some day when D/W became world or Olympic medalists, they would look at that picture with a smile. Wow it feels like a century ago thinking about this OD! (hope I'm not off-topic! lol)

p.s. I enjoy reading all the posts in this thread!
    Now that they are Olympic Gold Medalists, looking back at it, it was a key turning point for the better in their career. There were also some adorable pics from that OD.

http://www.meryl-charlie.com/2009/01...ls-photos.html
    Last edited by mollymgr; 04-18-2014 at 03:14 AM.

vCash
    Now that they are Olympic Gold Medalists, looking back at it, it was a key turning point for the better in their career. There were also some adorable pics from that OD.

http://www.meryl-charlie.com/2009/01...ls-photos.html
    Those are great pics! Meryl and Charlie look gorgeous in them! And I miss seeing Igor in Kiss n Cry with them.

vCash
    Ooo, that's definitely "Feel So Close" in the background of that clip. I actually really like that song, and the remix was definitely a popular club song last year.

There was a screen-snap of Charlie fell out of the camera with Meryl kept her happy dancing face during the MidLine step in a thread
    LOL, if it's the one I think you mean, it's one of my favorite pictures of them: http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townn...review-300.jpg

What gesture was Meryl making around :19 sec? I wonder if has to do with costumes.
    Good catch! It definitely looks like she is taking off a jacket or something.

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast