Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Fever View Post
    Also, animators are not choreographers. They need a real person as a reference so they can determine how the penguins should move.
    They could have watched another dancer or the choreographer though.

But I bet animators can draw characters dancing silly little jigs without a human reference. Animals have been dancing in cartoons since cartoons existed. Some where likely drawn off models, but not all, I'd think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Yes, planned. I was just wondering if they made the penguins do what he did, or if he had to do what the Penguins did.

Thanks Johnny Fever- that answers it. The penguins were drawn to match Dick. (Assuming the source is accurate.)

I just think it would be very very difficult to match your timing to pre-drawn animation (not to say Dick couldn't do it). Obviously, Charlie had some difficulty.
    Ah, okay, gotcha! I would think Johnny Fever's source is correct since that's how they animated their movies, the shot live actions of the Scenes/had actors act out the scenes and then drew them. (I read a very detailed Walt Disney biography )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J37_LdUYDHM

The Charlie + penguin bumper is included at the beginning of Meryl's dance. ^
    That has to be my favorite Meryl/Maks fluff. Makes up for the song choice...almost.

The Mowgli moment was hilarious. Having a boyish figure is perhaps a sore spot for Meryl and Maks just blows through it. He probably just thinks of Meryl as small and petite...like Mowgli.
    Last edited by Jessiebanana; 04-16-2014 at 12:01 AM.

vCash
    Are you guys watching Access Hollywood? Meryl counting Mak's abs.

vCash
    Afterbuzz should be starting shortly, for anyone who wants to watch! http://site.afterbuzztv.com/shows/da...-tv-aftershow/

vCash
    From Charlie's twitter: http://instagram.com/p/mzEPeuMTw9/

vCash
    Afterbuzz should be starting shortly, for anyone who wants to watch!
    Thanks for the reminder! I'm surprised Anna didn't get that Meryl and Maks were wearing the shoes they were because they were trying to give the impression of being barefoot in the jungle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    Thanks for the reminder! I'm surprised Anna didn't get that Meryl and Maks were wearing the shoes they were because they were trying to give the impression of being barefoot in the jungle
    Yeah, that was one comment that struck me. I felt out of tune with some of the comments tonight; for one, I was expecting (mostly from Suri and Anna) to yell that there wasn't enough samba in Meryl and Maks' number. But I appreciated that they appreciated what he tried to do with the music and setting, because really there was only so much Maks could have done. And with the wardrobe included, the shoes were a part of that.

I'm glad Suri stood up for Tony; he's such a sweet guy and that package really did not portray him well, even though Nene should come out of that looking worse. I also liked that they said the judges were on happy pills and that there were some high scores.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    ExtraTV Interview, with Meryl counting all of Maks' abs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_6oFXLpKEY

vCash
    I also liked that they said the judges were on happy pills and that there were some high scores.
    And yet when they went dancer by dancer, they generally agreed with the scores or wanted them to be higher. I liked Candace's routine a lot, but her basic skills are so rough I thought 9's were too high, and they were ok with that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    And yet when they went dancer by dancer, they generally agreed with the scores or wanted them to be higher. I liked Candace's routine a lot, but her basic skills are so rough I thought 9's were too high, and they were ok with that.
    Yeah, I noticed that too.

vCash
    Well, not for every dance. There were a few that Anna and Julez did say shouldn't have been as high, though they were inconsistent on that as well.

I guess the judges aren't the only inconsistent ones.

vCash
    Did anyone else catch Charlie saying in the OTRC interview that he was buying a house with his girlfriend? I mean, yay for them (though I thought they bought a house a couple of years ago?), but what a stressful time to move! I'm sort of shocked that they would throw that on the pile with everything else they've had going on for the past few months.

Meryl and Maks are just consistently adorable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    Yeah, that was one comment that struck me. I felt out of tune with some of the comments tonight; for one, I was expecting (mostly from Suri and Anna) to yell that there wasn't enough samba in Meryl and Maks' number. But I appreciated that they appreciated what he tried to do with the music and setting, because really there was only so much Maks could have done. And with the wardrobe included, the shoes were a part of that.

I'm glad Suri stood up for Tony; he's such a sweet guy and that package really did not portray him well, even though Nene should come out of that looking worse. I also liked that they said the judges were on happy pills and that there were some high scores.
    Wait...are you saying that Suri actually said something worthwhile and contributed positively to the show? Cause that I'm going to have to see to believe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    Well, not for every dance. There were a few that Anna and Julez did say shouldn't have been as high, though they were inconsistent on that as well.

I guess the judges aren't the only inconsistent ones.
    I missed some of the show. Which dances did they think were overscored?

vCash
    The only place I heard the "not enough samba" complaint was on Pure DWTS. They were also behind the "not enough foxtrot" complaint. Not to get into a board dragging thing, but they have full-on turned against Meryl. They *hate* her now (particularly the mod, Princess Heidi) because they hate Maks and Meryl obviously doesn't. So now it's all about how Meryl is overrated, her dances are blah, she's being shoved down everyone's throats, and how she must not getting any votes because she's so unlikeable so the DWTS producers are rigging everything to help her. I'm still going to the board for info, but I skip just skim through the comments and disregard all the negative opinions. As far as I know, none of them actually know anything about dance, so I disregard their negative dance assessments too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LovelyMeteora View Post
    Did anyone else catch Charlie saying in the OTRC interview that he was buying a house with his girlfriend? I mean, yay for them (though I thought they bought a house a couple of years ago?), but what a stressful time to move! I'm sort of shocked that they would throw that on the pile with everything else they've had going on for the past few months.

Meryl and Maks are just consistently adorable.
    Wow, what an interesting (hectic) time for a move! I wouldn't be surprised if during one of these post show interviews, he casually slips in a reference to his "fiancee" and that's how we all find out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I missed some of the show. Which dances did they think were overscored?
    Off the top of my head, Nene and possibly Candace? They also thought Charlie was underscored, but they were fine with James, Danica, Amy (in fact they wanted at least one more 10 for her. Or Suri did at least. I discounted that personally lol) and Meryl.

vCash
    So does anyone have even the slightest idea as to what "party anthem" Maks and Meryl could tango to?

vCash
    I think it makes percent sense to buy a house with his winnings from the Olympcis, the fairly lucrative dwts contract, and a middling moneyfrom SOI. I assume Tanith is doing the heavy lifting on the search though.

The upcoming weeks should be a bit easier for Meryl and Charlie on the SOI front, there are no more than 3 SOI shows a week, sometimes only two. Which is good because pretty soon they'll need to up the # of dances for dwts!

Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast