Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 1006
  1. #321
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    State of Grace
    Posts
    366
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    I tried one but they're actually very, very bad if you really want to dance Latin correctly. (For a start, there's a major difference between tennis shoes and 3" heels...)
    I use dance sneakers when I do any type of dance workouts, I have a pair and they're much better than regular tennis shoes and they're also great for Zumba too. Like I said the DWTS DVD's are fine for learning the basic steps & working out at home, but if someone wants to master the technique & dance w/ a partner then they need to start taking lessons at local dance studio from a professional and start wearing latin heels.

    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Samba the trick is not the hips. It's actually fairly lacking in Cuban action. The problem is that stupid 'bounce.' I would think since almost two decades of ice dance should have given Meryl KILLER knees and control, she might actually pick it up pretty well.
    But yeah, it's that stupid bounce in the Samba I can never get, and forget the Boto fogos and volta steps, never can get the hang of those, Meryl should definitely be a master at those, lol

  2. #322
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1,513
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    So all the movies from that clip probably means they aren't the music said people are using but I find it eye rolling that NeNe was batting Tinkerbell and Maks was kissing her So is there a Peter Pan song that fits Iconic and Samba? They probably have something different though...

  3. #323

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    Posts
    2,468
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1968
    Does "Kiss the Girl" fit the requirements for a samba?

  4. #324
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    State of Grace
    Posts
    366
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    Does "Kiss the Girl" fit the requirements for a samba?
    Not really, it's more of a romantic song, dancing a Rumba or maybe a Foxtrot would fit that song better.

  5. #325

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    getting ready to explore the world
    Posts
    3,009
    vCash
    806
    Rep Power
    11737
    Quote Originally Posted by belladashwood View Post
    Just checked Kristyn from AfterbuzzTV twitter account, she's double checking w/ her source about Meryl and Maks having the Samba since PureDWTS and Meryl's own tweet to Adam Rippon today could possibly be hinting that she may be dancing to something from Beauty and the Beast.
    Hmm, well Maks said it is an iconic, award winning song. The only Beauty and the Beast song to win an award is Beauty and the Beast. It is iconic, but that would essentially make Meryl a princess, right? And the gossip is that Meryl is not a princess. I could definitely see Meryl having fun playing with words to throw people off, but I do wonder if Kristyn's source was wrong and it is not a samba for this week.

    So excited to find out what Charlie has! Sharna is quickly becoming one of my favorites, and I think he's in good hands.

  6. #326
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    State of Grace
    Posts
    366
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    Hmm, well Maks said it is an iconic, award winning song. The only Beauty and the Beast song to win an award is Beauty and the Beast. It is iconic, but that would essentially make Meryl a princess, right? And the gossip is that Meryl is not a princess. I could definitely see Meryl having fun playing with words to throw people off, but I do wonder if Kristyn's source was wrong and it is not a samba for this week.

    So excited to find out what Charlie has! Sharna is quickly becoming one of my favorites, and I think he's in good hands.
    Well, here's what Maks said: Glamour.com - "Are you prepared to play Eric (The Little Mermaid), Gaston (Beauty and the Beast), or Aladdin? Maks - "I would probably pick Aladdin, but I’m telling you right now I’m not going to be one of those three. It’s another classic Disney character, associated with a very classic song."

    I honestly trust Kristyn @AfterBuzztv's source more than PureDWTS' source because Kristyn lives in LA & has more contacts w/ the show, and Pure's been known to get a few things wrong like stuff w/ the Switch saying that Derek could travel w/ Meryl, while Kristyn and her source said that Derek couldn't travel, and turns out Kristyn & her source were right. Honestly I think Pure just jumped to the conclusion of Meryl not being a Disney princess, when the only thing that's been definitely stated for sure is that Charlie is NOT a prince.

  7. #327
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Chipocalypse, Chicago
    Posts
    614
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Here's a picture of all 4 together at a rink
    http://instagram.com/p/mlqmVssT7A/

    Interesting that Deividas Stagniunas asked Charlie when he was going to be back, and Charlie responded "In June".

    Another season..perhaps?
    Or am I just overthinking it, and getting my hopes up high?

  8. #328

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    151
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Another season..perhaps?
    Or am I just overthinking it, and getting my hopes up high?
    Not to be Debbie Downer, but Charlie wrote, "dude...like...June," which seemed to me like more of a joking comment about the fact that it's going to be awhile before he gets back to Michigan. That is not to say at all that they won't do another season, of course, just that in this instance I don't think it was an answer literally indicating that they'd be back to train in June, more about how insane their schedule currently is.

  9. #329

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Staring at the ocean, anywhere anytime
    Posts
    9,866
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11372
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2014/...orious-in-jive

    This IN article has some new stuff, particularly about things Charlie has had to work on. It only goes through Week 3.

  10. #330

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Greater Boston, MA
    Posts
    650
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    So excited to find out what Charlie has! Sharna is quickly becoming one of my favorites, and I think he's in good hands.
    I like Sharna's choreography. I absolutely loved Happy, and I thought the number she choreographed for Cody this week was good. Much better than what Peta put together for Charlie. FWIW, I'm probably in the minority but I totally agreed with Len & Carrie Anne about that dance, there was absolutely no rhumba character. Worse still, it didn't take advantage of Charlie's partnering skills. His previous week's dance was amazing, with him leading Sharna all over the floor. The Peta dance was very stationary, just shifting from pose to pose. There was no movement across the floor. It didn't show off Charlie's skills and athleticism.

  11. #331

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    17,625
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by clairecloutier View Post
    I like Sharna's choreography. I absolutely loved Happy, and I thought the number she choreographed for Cody this week was good. Much better than what Peta put together for Charlie. FWIW, I'm probably in the minority but I totally agreed with Len & Carrie Anne about that dance, there was absolutely no rhumba character. Worse still, it didn't take advantage of Charlie's partnering skills. His previous week's dance was amazing, with him leading Sharna all over the floor. The Peta dance was very stationary, just shifting from pose to pose. There was no movement across the floor. It didn't show off Charlie's skills and athleticism.
    I agree. Charlie performed the number beautifully . . . what there was of it. But there wasn't much of it. There was very little choreography, just posing.

    I loved "Happy" too. So much fun, and perfect for Charlie.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

  12. #332
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,636
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by clairecloutier View Post
    His previous week's dance was amazing, with him leading Sharna all over the floor. The Peta dance was very stationary, just shifting from pose to pose. There was no movement across the floor.
    Glad to know I'm not the only one who felt like. I thought maybe it was the lighting or the tiny YouTube screen but I guess it wasn't.

  13. #333
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Looking to "talk skating"
    Posts
    113
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    Hmm, well Maks said it is an iconic, award winning song. The only Beauty and the Beast song to win an award is Beauty and the Beast. It is iconic, but that would essentially make Meryl a princess, right? And the gossip is that Meryl is not a princess.
    It could be Beauty and the Beast because Belle is not a princess.

  14. #334
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    11,020
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kiss-n-cry View Post
    It could be Beauty and the Beast because Belle is not a princess.
    She's part of the disney princess franchise.
    She married into life as a princess. Beast was a prince.

  15. #335
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Looking to "talk skating"
    Posts
    113
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Belle may be seen as part of the "princess franchise" but she does not marry the Beast/Prince in the movie (maybe after the story closes, though). She is his prisoner and they fall in love.

  16. #336

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    786
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3147
    I agree with the guy on AfterBuzz (Jules?) that Peta should have put Charlie in Cuban heels and focused more on rumba technique. What they did was lovely but I agree, not very creative. I don't think Peta phoned it in or was trying to sabotage Charlie, but I do think she was maybe accounting for the fact that they were going to be back and forth to Florida and didn't want to be overly ambitious.

    I'm really glad he's back with Sharna.

  17. #337
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    11,020
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kiss-n-cry View Post
    Belle may be seen as part of the "princess franchise" but she does not marry the Beast/Prince in the movie (maybe after the story closes, though). She is his prisoner and they fall in love.
    Their marriage is implied in a sequel.
    However- Disney gets to decide who the princesses are, and they've decided she is one.

  18. #338
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,774
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Just saw a tweet that the 4 of them will be on Good Morning America on Friday.

  19. #339
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,435
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tarotx View Post
    So all the movies from that clip probably means they aren't the music said people are using but I find it eye rolling that NeNe was batting Tinkerbell and Maks was kissing her So is there a Peter Pan song that fits Iconic and Samba? They probably have something different though...
    Tinkerbell has dumped Peter and now hangs out with some other fairies in videos of her own. She even has a fairy glen for small children at Disneyland or Disney World or both.

    Swatting at Tinkerbell is the first likeable thing I've seen NeNe do (not the swatting per se, but that she is willing to poke fun at her own crabby persona).

    Quote Originally Posted by CassAgain View Post
    I agree with the guy on AfterBuzz (Jules?) that Peta should have put Charlie in Cuban heels and focused more on rumba technique.
    It is possible they tried that and he could not make it work, so they moved on to Plan B. (Remember his tick-tock hips when Sharna was trying to get figure 8s?)

  20. #340
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    939
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by semogal View Post
    Just saw a tweet that the 4 of them will be on Good Morning America on Friday.


    Thanks for the heads up! Hope they reveal what they'll be dancing to...anxious to see if anyone here guessed right on Maks and Meryl's dance or if they chose something none of us thought of.

Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •