Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

vCash
    The less said about Nene's dance, the better. But speaking of Nene, I find it hilarious that she's under the impression that DWTS has ever been or is supposed to be a show of contestants on equal ground.

Sure, Meryl and Charlie are pretty big ringers, but I personally would never watch if everyone was at the Nene level. She wasn't brought on to be someone with a chance to win. Nene was chosen to entertain.

belladashwood, thanks! I'll look into them. I don't care if it takes time to learn, it's worth it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CassAgain View Post
    They're all adorably color coordinated at Stars on Ice:

http://icedanceroyalty.tumblr.com/po...ide-excited-to

Holy cow--Sharna has a front row seat and is tweeting live clips from her Instagram.

eta: and so is Maks!
    Cute picture! Yay for live clips.

vCash
    Sharna is livetweeting the show and is such a fangirl, I love it

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post

Jazz as in the dance, but this show plays fast and lose with that style. Cody had jazz and he did hip hop, Nene also had jazz and well....
    Well, hip hop is definitely not jazz, but there really is no clear definition for it in the first place which is why I asked and wondered how they want to say that's jazz or not. I've had jazz classes in France, Germany and the US and each country has their own style, each teacher has then their own style again. What's called contemporary jazz with one person, is called jazz with another, someone calls something modern jazz and someone else wouldn't even classify it as jazz at all.
    On a side note, I'd actually say what Charlie did in his first show was jazz. No one I know would have classified that as contemporary. Contemporary jazz at best. That said, I wish they'd stick to ballroom/latin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CassAgain View Post
    They're all adorably color coordinated at Stars on Ice:

http://icedanceroyalty.tumblr.com/po...ide-excited-to

Holy cow--Sharna has a front row seat and is tweeting live clips from her Instagram.

eta: and so is Maks!

Thanks for the heads up!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I did that lift with a girl once. Well, the second half of it anyway. I love how there are no boards in SOI shows. No barrier between skaters and audience.

vCash
    Maks' hashtag on that clip slays me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by newbatgirl View Post
    Maks' hashtag on that clip slays me.
    It's

vCash
    In the picture of the foursome before the show, it looked like Sharna had a mic clipped on! Yesss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by semogal View Post
    Meryl and Charlie's FD from the Olympics (from the international feed):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrFwokp3z48

It was good to hear all those great compliments from the British commentators.

vCash
    How wonderful to see that performance with all the distracting crowd noise filtered out!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    How wonderful to see that performance with all the distracting crowd noise filtered out!!

Agreed! You can really see the quality of their performance in this video and why they got that much deserved monster score.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ballettmaus View Post
    Well, hip hop is definitely not jazz, but there really is no clear definition for it in the first place...
    I was curious if the ISU ever uses jazz in ice dance to see what they would include and could not find the term used anywhere in their regulations. I think there was a jive OD once, but not jazz.
    Last edited by Susan M; 04-10-2014 at 02:56 AM.

vCash
    Check out this promo for Disney week https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOHnfEBBz1M

I'm just sooo stoked about this week, especially for Meryl and Charlie

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffeine View Post
    Is it specifically Disney princesses? Another award winning Disney song is that one by Mary Poppins, the Chim-Chim-Cheree (which got an Academy Award)
    ...That's a Viennese Waltz. I was referring to what Meryl could be doing for samba. Literally nothing in Mary Poppins applies.

vCash
    Gossip from Courtney (one of the mods) at PureDWTS:
    I don’t think anyone is going to be disappointed when they see what song Charlie & Sharna are doing – if Sharna plays her cards right with the choreography, I think Disney week could potentially be a HUGE comeback for Charlie. Now Meryl, I’m not quite sold on her song choice…it will be cute, but I don’t know that it’s going to be as memorable as Charlie’s in the long run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    ...That's a Viennese Waltz. I was referring to what Meryl could be doing for samba. Literally nothing in Mary Poppins applies.
    Just tossing out ideas
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by belladashwood View Post
    All I've really done is the DWTS workout dvd's, and believe me they're not easy, but they're a great way to learn a lot of the basic steps for Latin & Ballroom dances
    I tried one but they're actually very, very bad if you really want to dance Latin correctly. (For a start, there's a major difference between tennis shoes and 3" heels...) I've just accepted that ballroom doesn't do enough cardio and I have to cross-train. Skating at least burns serious calories! (And doing ballroom has made me a seriously ambidextrous spinner.) But I also am not a workout-video person-I have to multitask. Treadmills are more my thing. If you just want a cardio burn and to watch Maks while you're doing it this has major up sides over most fitness videos.

Samba the trick is not the hips. It's actually fairly lacking in Cuban action. The problem is that stupid 'bounce.' I would think since almost two decades of ice dance should have given Meryl KILLER knees and control, she might actually pick it up pretty well.

vCash
    Just checked Kristyn from AfterbuzzTV twitter account, she's double checking w/ her source about Meryl and Maks having the Samba since PureDWTS and Meryl's own tweet to Adam Rippon today could possibly be hinting that she may be dancing to something from Beauty and the Beast.

Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast