Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

vCash
    Ugh, They went on a show willingly with Jenny McCarthy? I know they have their obligations... but really. This is the woman who single-handedly brought back many near-eradicated diseases..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniwren12 View Post
    I love that we have some ballroom dancers on the board to enlighten us teach us your ways!
    All I've really done is the DWTS workout dvd's, and believe me they're not easy, but they're a great way to learn a lot of the basic steps for Latin & Ballroom dances

vCash
    I'm not sure what rhythm this would fit under, but I'd like to see someone dance to Hawaiian Rollercoaster Ride or He Mele No Lilo

vCash
    I saw on twitter that Maks and Sharna are at the SOI show tonight! How fun! Hopefully we'll get some of that in the rehearsal package!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by belladashwood View Post
    I still don't think Amy will win, yeah she's inspirational & I'm sure she'll make the finals because she's definitely this season's journey-person, however if her pro wasn't Derek, then she wouldn't be scoring as high as she has been. I still think it'll come down between Meryl and Charlie for the MBT, it really is gonna depend on how their freestyles turn out and who has the most growth & improvement during their journeys.
    I also don't think Amy will win. She surely has been inspirational and a great role model, but the sympathy/Derek vote can only go so far when there are some clear limitations in the dancing. However, I don't think Charlie will make it to the end either. One, I don't think he's dancing as strongly as Meryl. He doesn't seem to be as fully invested in his character or dance as Meryl is. I think Meryl is a better actor and better at emoting. Two, Sharna has only 19,000 twitter followers whereas Maks and some of the male stars have hundreds of thousands or more. I think that can make a big difference, and Charlie is at a disadvantage here. Here's how I think the top 5 will pan out, in the order they will end up in:

1. Meryl
    2. James
    3. Amy
    4. Charlie
    5. Danica or Cody

I think James will make it to the finals because he's a good dancer, he's got a huge 2.9 million twitter following, and Carrie Anne and Bruno have the hots for him so he'll get bonus hotness points every week the rest of the way.

vCash
    All I've really done is the DWTS workout dvd's, and believe me they're not easy, but they're a great way to learn a lot of the basic steps for Latin & Ballroom dances
    I've been wanting to try out the DWTS dvds; do you recommend them, then?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brina View Post
    Ugh, They went on a show willingly with Jenny McCarthy? I know they have their obligations... but really. This is the woman who single-handedly brought back many near-eradicated diseases..
    I was just about to say that I'm jealous that Charlie got to meet Jenny McCarthy. I agree, however, that her stance on vaccinations is wrong.

vCash
    I liked that Meryl & Charlie got a standing O on that View appearances. Shock. The audience recognized them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by semogal View Post
    Meryl and Charlie's FD from the Olympics (from the international feed):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrFwokp3z48

Thanks so much for posting this link. I kept looking for it on youtube and never could find it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    I apologize if this got posted upstream since the thread is moving at breakneck speed by former D/W thread standards.
    Meryl and Charlie on The View for a minute??
    http://abc.go.com/shows/the-view/vid...VDKA0_5lsazr1m
    Thanks for posting this! I didn't expect Meryl and Charlie to come out like that! My gosh, they're everywhere these days!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerpt1 View Post
    The samba is a difficult dance. And poor Meryl has no hips to speak of....
    Have you watched "The Ice" videos of that competition in Japan in 2012? Until I saw them a few weeks before DWTS started, I would have thought the same thing as you. But those videos show Meryl really bringing it, hips included. I was shocked when I saw them, as I didn't know she had all that movement in her. That's why I am not surprised she is doing so well on DWTS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlie fan View Post
    I also don't think Amy will win. She surely has been inspirational and a great role model, but the sympathy/Derek vote can only go so far when there are some clear limitations in the dancing. However, I don't think Charlie will make it to the end either. One, I don't think he's dancing as strongly as Meryl. He doesn't seem to be as fully invested in his character or dance as Meryl is. I think Meryl is a better actor and better at emoting. Two, Sharna has only 19,000 twitter followers whereas Maks and some of the male stars have hundreds of thousands or more. I think that can make a big difference, and Charlie is at a disadvantage here. Here's how I think the top 5 will pan out, in the order they will end up in:

1. Meryl
    2. James
    3. Amy
    4. Charlie
    5. Danica or Cody

I think James will make it to the finals because he's a good dancer, he's got a huge 2.9 million twitter following, and Carrie Anne and Bruno have the hots for him so he'll get bonus hotness points every week the rest of the way.
    I had the same thought in regards to Charlie. I think the producers may try to keep him on because Charlie vs. Meryl though

vCash
    I saw on twitter that Maks and Sharna are at the SOI show tonight! How fun! Hopefully we'll get some of that in the rehearsal package!
    It first I was puzzled that D/W flew across the country to appear on The View, but now it makes sense. They're skating in Newark tonight anyway. What I would give to attend a meet & greet at tonight's show.
    Last edited by Johnny_Fever; 04-10-2014 at 12:56 AM.

vCash
    Just an update on Disney week dances:
    Note: all couples will be dancing to a different song from a different movie, so 9 Disney movies represented.

- Charlie & Sharna have Jazz, and he will NOT be a Disney prince; so start brainstorming on what he has

- Meryl & Maks will be dancing a Samba to an iconic song; Maks will not be Aladdin, Eric, or Gaston; top guess right now is Under the Sea from The Little Mermaid

-Cody and Witney will also be dancing the Samba, have music from Lion King; song guesses are either I Just Can't Wait to Be King or Hakuna Matata

-Candace was asked by producers & stated Little Mermaid is her fave Disney movie but didn't seem confident that she'll get that, but knowing Meryl & Maks have the Samba w/ a strong possibility of Under the Sea as their song and her & Mark having not much luck on getting certain song requests like Happy (that went to Charlie & Sharna), they may not have The Little Mermaid

-James and Peta have Let it Go from Frozen and will be dancing contemporary

- Derek hinted at being a pumpkin, so it sounds like he & Amy may have something from Cinderella

- Tony said he's gonna be a dog ?!? He and Nene will be dancing the Foxtrot, my top song guess is to Cruella Deville from 101 Dalmations (Nene would make a fabulous Cruella )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    Me too! I've been wanting to buy those DVDs for a long time now but some of the reviews on Amazon discouraged me from doing so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    Yeah, I totally recommend them, just expect to do lots of rewinding in order to learn the steps.

vCash

I hope they have a blast! It would be cool for the fans if they actually showed up at the meet and greet.

vCash

- Charlie & Sharna have Jazz, and he will NOT be a Disney prince; so start brainstorming on what he has
    Jazz as in Jazz, the rhythm, like New Orleans Jazz, or jazz as in jazz dance?

vCash
    apologize if this got posted upstream since the thread is moving at breakneck speed by former D/W thread standards. Meryl and Charlie on The View for a minute??
    http://abc.go.com/shows/the-view/vid...VDKA0_5lsazr1m
    Loved that the audience recognized them! And I just sat through an entire segment featuring only Sherrie Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy, if that doesn't make me an uber, then I do don't know what does.

Speaking of SOI, I saw a picture of Sharna and Maks at the show tonight, I wonder if we'll get any fluff featuring Maks and Sharna on the ice with them?

Jazz as in Jazz, the rhythm, like New Orleans Jazz, or jazz as in jazz dance?
    Jazz as in the dance, but this show plays fast and lose with that style. Cody had jazz and he did hip hop, Nene also had jazz and well....
    Last edited by Whitneyskates; 04-10-2014 at 01:23 AM.

vCash
    They're all adorably color coordinated at Stars on Ice:

http://icedanceroyalty.tumblr.com/po...ide-excited-to

Holy cow--Sharna has a front row seat and is tweeting live clips from her Instagram.

eta: and so is Maks!
    Last edited by CassAgain; 04-10-2014 at 01:09 AM.

Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast