Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    I'm very disappointed that this week is samba because that could have been the sexiest of all their dances, and Disney and sexy do not go together.
    Seriously don't worry about their Samba, because the sexiest of all Meryl and Maks' dances will be... the Rumba!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympiax View Post
    http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/video?id=9495297 - according to wiki it's from this video
    Thanks! I always forget to check out that site for videos.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Did anyone catch the look(s) on NeNe's face when Meryl and Val received their scores?
    I did and I wondered who she was making eye contact with at the end. That was quite a sour expression/eye roll. Seeing that made this quote on the Today website unsurprising.

'Dancing With the Stars' pros defend Maks: Julianne's comments were 'unfair'

But not everyone thought the guest judge's comments were off base.

"Real Housewives of Atlanta" star NeNe Leakes, who was temporarily partnered with Julianne’s brother, Derek Hough, supported the guest judge.

“I have to agree with Julianne,” Leakes said. “It felt like (Maks) wanted to be back with Meryl — he probably does! What professional dancer doesn’t want to dance with another professional dancer?”
    Very classy of her.
    On the other hand, it was nice to see the pros defend Maks. I have developed such a great appreciation and fondness for Sharna this season!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I did and I wondered who she was making eye contact with at the end. That was quite a sour expression/eye roll. Seeing that made this quote on the Today website unsurprising.

'Dancing With the Stars' pros defend Maks: Julianne's comments were 'unfair'

Very classy of her.
    On the other hand, it was nice to see the pros defend Maks. I have developed such a great appreciation and fondness for Sharna this season!
    I guess Nene didn't get the memo from Wendy Williams at the beginning of the season when she stated on her talk show that she (Nene) wasn't gonna win, and that Meryl is gonna be the one who wins.
    Last edited by belladashwood; 04-09-2014 at 03:18 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by belladashwood View Post
    I guess Nene didn't get the memo from Wendy Williams at the beginning of the season when she told Nene on her talk show that she wasn't gonna win, and that Meryl is gonna be the one who wins.
    Okay I don't watch a lot of u.s talk shows, but one of the Jimmy's I think late night? Thinks Amy's going to win- there's a very high possibility that she could. I do think Meryl has more momentum than Charlie atm though; and I wouldn't be surprised if he got booted out before the finals- I don't think it'll happen, but I won't be surprised if it does

vCash
    Okay I don't watch a lot of u.s talk shows, but one of the Jimmy's I think late night? Thinks Amy's going to win- there's a very high possibility that she could. I do think Meryl has more momentum than Charlie atm though; and I wouldn't be surprised if he got booted out before the finals- I don't think it'll happen, but I won't be surprised if it does
    I think Amy will make the finals, but I doubt she'll win, there's usually a journey-man/woman that usually makes the finals but they normally don't win. It's really gonna be either Meryl or Charlie that will win the MBT, they're both so likable in the same way that Kristi Yamaguchi was in her season.

vCash
    I think Amy will make the finals, but I doubt she'll win, there's usually a journey-man/woman that usually makes the finals but they normally don't win. It's really gonna be either Meryl or Charlie that will win the MBT, they're both so likable in the same way that Kristi Yamaguchi was in her season.
    I think Amy is going to go far. Depending on upcoming scores for dances, Charlie or Meryl might have to do well with voter turnout to both slip ahead of Cody's six million twitter followers and James, who is starting to seem like a dark horse to get into the finals. I would love to see both M & C in the finale, but at this point I'm no longer taking for granted that it's going to happen. Derek's multiple wins are a good reminder of how much fanbases can play a role in who moves ahead--I think some of the dancer fanbases have gained momentum since years ago when Kristi competed or even when Evan competed. Throwing a teen pop star into the mix (even if he's not popular in this country) kind of throws a potential wrench in things as well, as there's no real way of knowing how big a vote turnout Cody is actually getting. It might be completely average, or it might be gigantic. At this point, Meryl seems like much more of a sure bet, just because she's being scored in a pretty untouchable way. Correct or not, the judges seem to be lumping Charlie in with James and Amy in terms of scores. But the tide may turn again; we shall see. Bottom line is--I think it's important to vote and encourage others to vote every week. It certainly can't hurt, at any rate.

I really appreciated not just Charlie's indignation that Meryl didn't get all 10s, but also Val's comment that all six of them are a team and are pulling for each other. It would be nice to see more focus on that and less on the battle of the former sitcom teens or the current pop stars.

vCash
    Amy was on Jimmy's show, so he was probably just saying that because he knows her. Realistically, I think Meryl & Charlie will be in the final. The third spot is a wild card that could go to James, Amy or Danica. I'm leaning towards James because he's proving to be quite good and the show favors male contestants heavily.

I don't think Charlie has anything to worry about - his scores will come up again. As Anna T. said on Afterbuzz, the judges pushed him up the first few weeks and right now it's his turn to be down, and that's how it works with winners - the people who stay at the top of the leaderboard throughout the show generally don't win in the end.

At this point, Meryl seems like much more of a sure bet, just because she's being scored in a pretty untouchable way.
    Meryl is *dancing* in an untouchable way. She got a lot of 10s, but the judges had almost no choice. The lowest they could have scored that tango without inciting a riot would have been all 9's and she still would have been at the top of the leaderboard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LovelyMeteora View Post
    I really appreciated not just Charlie's indignation that Meryl didn't get all 10s, but also Val's comment that all six of them are a team and are pulling for each other. It would be nice to see more focus on that and less on the battle of the former sitcom teens or the current pop stars.
    ITA. After Meryl and Val got their scores, I saw Charlie holding up his hands and looking at Sharna like "what else is she supposed to do to get that last 10??" And I LOVED Sharna being so honest with the reporters (I think in the on the red carpet interview?) and sticking up for her little group. She is quickly becoming my favorite pro dancer.

vCash
    I like Sharna too, and I hope they get something great for Disney week.

vCash
    I like Sharna's attitude. It's too bad the show isn't un by people like her.

I wouldn't count Amy out. People love to vote for people who do well, but not "too" well and have some sort of personal struggle. I think it especially applies to women. Being Derek's partner is also invaluable.

Someone should tweet Nene that video. Just a helpful FYI .

Val has won me over with Zendaya and Meryl. I do think having Maks though will be better for Meryl long term. His fan base helps.

vCash
    Afterbuzz https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCQ3Yl7lsOg

I love Artem's comments about Meryl and Maks Foxtrot
    I'm going to twizzle into a triple axel and spiral out of it.

vCash
    Maks brought Meryl with him to one of the DWM studios tonight.

https://twitter.com/stefferonipizza/...870657/photo/1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle24 View Post

I think Maks likes to show her off

vCash
    I don't know if Meryl is the best choice for an Ariel, but I'd like to see Maks as Sebastian ^_^
    Years ago some students at dh's university reenacted "Kiss the Girl." The guy playing Sebastian had a lobster hat on and did a great impression. It was hilarious.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle24 View Post

I think he's totally sweet on her. Maybe head-over-heels sweet on her.

That's "home" for him. He brought Meryl home to meet his family!

I never thought I would say this about those those two, but I hope they develop a true romance (if they haven't already), even if it's just a short fling. I originally thought Meryl was too good for him, but she appears to have him under her spell, and I don't think he'd treat her any way but like 24K gold.

vCash
    This is a cute interview with Meryl and Val from E! where they show off Meryl's battle scars~ from working on their tango: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAkNzJaaCjw

I'll keep an eye out for Charlie's too, but I don't think it's posted yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    This is a cute interview with Meryl and Val from E! where they show off Meryl's battle scars~ from working on their tango: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAkNzJaaCjw

I'll keep an eye out for Charlie's too, but I don't think it's posted yet.
    Ouch D: Those scratches look nasty. I'm sure she's had much worse skating-wise injuries though, and our Meryl's a trooper

at Val: 'I would rub skin with you anytime'

vCash
    The Charlie / Peta interview was posted earlier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W8jW1gKOEY

vCash
    Meryl posted a picture on twitter on their way to Ralph Lauren in NY? More publicity stuff? Man, they really are running all over the place. They need to have an energy drink sponsorship.

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast