Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

vCash
    So I guess the "X to death" age group just got moved up ten years
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    5 years. Previously, it was 61+.

vCash
    Ah, thanks for the clarification. For some reason "56 to death" was stuck in my mind.....
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    It used to be 56 to death when the age started at 25.

vCash
    That's how it used to be, before the present age classes were adopted, I think 5-6 years ago. My age class has changed 6 times since I started skating and only 2 of those changes were due to me actually 'aging up'. I liked the current age group structure the best, sigh.

vCash
    Going to add this here...

My skater kiddo FINALLY PASSED NOVICE MIF TODAY!!!!! This was her fifth go at it. After the last time, we brought on TWO coaches who passed/taught figures. She got great scores on all the moves, but still lower scores on twizzles and loops. BUT, passed enough twizzles and loops to pass overall.

My normally inexpressive child was all smiles and hugging people... :-) All three judges passed her. This has been two years working on it, and although it took a long time, I'm so proud of her!

Okay...skating parent gushing done. I'll just add "PHEW!"

vCash
    Congratulations, Jozet! :-)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozet View Post

My skater kiddo FINALLY PASSED NOVICE MIF TODAY!!!!! This was her fifth go at it. After the last time, we brought on TWO coaches who passed/taught figures. She got great scores on all the moves, but still lower scores on twizzles and loops. BUT, passed enough twizzles and loops to pass overall.

My normally inexpressive child was all smiles and hugging people... :-) All three judges passed her. This has been two years working on it, and although it took a long time, I'm so proud of her!

Congratulations to her

vCash
    That's great!! Congratulations!!

vCash
    Congratulations to your daughter, Jozet!

vCash

Woo hoo!!! That is a TOUGH test. Congrats to your daughter!!
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash

First congrats to your child. Second, Please read the thread topic and in the future post your update on your skater's advancements in an appropriate thread so we can remain on the topic intended for this thread. Thanks!
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    First congrats to your child. Second, Please read the thread topic and in the future post your update on your skater's advancements in an appropriate thread so we can remain on the topic intended for this thread. Thanks!
    If you've read this entire thread through, then you'd realize that Jozet's post IS relevant to this thread.

Congrats to your kiddo, Jozet!

ETA that last month I posted the link to USFS' Combined Report of Action document in the 2014 Governing Council thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4266911
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    If you've read this entire thread through, then you'd realize that Jozet's post IS relevant to this thread.

Congrats to your kiddo, Jozet!

ETA that last month I posted the link to USFS' Combined Report of Action document in the 2014 Governing Council thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4266911
    I regret to have not seen that Sylvia and you are correct. My sincere apologies to 'Jazet' for my not understanding the connection explained by Sylvia's explanation. - Peter.
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

vCash
    I wonder: Would it be useful to have a permanent thread in this section called "Updates" or "Milestones" or something like that, in which people could report news of tests passed, elements landed for the first time, competitions attended, etc.? What about if this thread was pinned to the top of the board?

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clairecloutier View Post
    I wonder: Would it be useful to have a permanent thread in this section called "Updates" or "Milestones" or something like that, in which people could report news of tests passed, elements landed for the first time, competitions attended, etc.? What about if this thread was pinned to the top of the board?
    That would be helpful, but at the end of the day there aren't that many of us that post here on a regular basis, and I don't mind if these updates make their way into another relevant thread. Plus, I only have gripes about how hard novice MITF is at the moment, so that's an anti-milestone post .

vCash
    Thanks, yes...I was hesitating to post my "whoo hoo," but since we were talking about twizzles and loops, I did just wanted to note that even passing and with extra coaching from coaches who specialize in moves/dance, man, those elements are still tough.

Was there a decision on whether the loops will remain in Novice MIF after Sept?

vCash
    Was there a decision on whether the loops will remain in Novice MIF after Sept?
    Yes, they are staying. The proposed changes to the MIF tests were voted down...well, the official term is "sent back to committee."

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    Yes, they are staying. The proposed changes to the MIF tests were voted down...well, the official term is "sent back to committee."
    Makes sense overall. Some changes to the moves would be good, but a few of the proposed changes, like updating the current power circles to some crazy direction-changing patterns, did not make any sense whatsoever. And I really did just start working on novice, so I'll be stuck on that for at least a year anyway. Loops are still , but eh wells. Not like I even learned the rest of the test, so no big deal from my end.
    Last edited by ioana; 06-11-2014 at 04:22 PM.

vCash
    Thanks for the clarification.

And yes, as test chair, I see a lot of Novice tests pass with loops that don't pass because other elements are strong. So I wouldn't worry too much about the not-quite-perfect loops if the rest is a strong test.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast