Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    , B/S will win Worlds !
    Not on this planet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    At least the off-season won't be as boring.
    True!

vCash
    The Russian fed has a history of making good matches, and I doubt they went all soft now. I assume it will all work out for having the best medal chances for Russia.
    What would Jenny do?

vCash
    Oh, well, never mind. Let's hope that Vera's choice of partner will be more sensible than Yuri's choice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    My implication is that feds and skaters SHOULD cut ties with him. You know the Russian Fed has to be mightily ticked off at him at the present time.
    I hope they are and I hope they will make him pay for his misdeeds over the years

Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Because he split with Vera because he did not feel that they are getting anywhere. So one would think he wants to get higher than the sixth or seventh place at worlds, not lower. Otherwise he is again not getting anywhere and could have stayed with Vera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Or Larionov just wants to continue competing with a new partner.
    I think it's what Sylvia says.

Quote Originally Posted by KimGOAT View Post
    Not on this planet.
    (B&S) why not? They can compete with the three teams that stood on the podium at this worlds. I may actually root for them, as none of the other Russian ice dance teams are going to be podium ready in 2015. I will still continue to root for Elena unless the new partnership just doesn't work out in her case and she decides to retire.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    The Russian fed has a history of making good matches, and I doubt they went all soft now. I assume it will all work out for having the best medal chances for Russia.
    I'm certain their medal chances won't be too diminished even if they aren't good matches.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    The biggest loser here is Natalia Zabijako. She is going to be 20 and Yuri 28 this year and by they time they can compete they will be 21 and 29. If they don't gel immediately they will be in serious trouble. If injuries don't get him first, age will. By they time 2018 rolls around he will almost 32 and she will have to start over with another partner if she still wants to compete past the age of 24.

She is a good skater/jumper but that won't fix Yuri's problems. Moser put them on the back burner this season so unless she gives them all her attention (which she won't with V/T and S/K there) there will be neglected as bad as B/L were. They will have to comete with V/T, K/S, S/K and A/M so they could very well be #5 in Russia at nationals.

vCash
    Bobrova

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    The biggest loser here is Natalia Zabijako. She is going to be 20 and Yuri 28 this year and by they time they can compete they will be 21 and 29. If they don't gel immediately they will be in serious trouble. If injuries don't get him first, age will. By they time 2018 rolls around he will almost 32 and she will have to start over with another partner if she still wants to compete past the age of 24.

She is a good skater/jumper but that won't fix Yuri's problems. Moser put them on the back burner this season so unless she gives them all her attention (which she won't with V/T and S/K there) there will be neglected as bad as B/L were. They will have to comete with V/T, K/S, S/K and A/M so they could very well be #5 in Russia at nationals.

I disagree about Natalia Zabijako loosing most. It always helps to skate with more experienced partner, so she will gain plenty no matter what. Yuri will loose much more, because from 6th at worlds he may suddenly not even get spot at worlds (too many Russian pairs will be fighting for the third spot). But I don't really care about him. He was nothing special.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Can't believe I'm saying this but the only one of those partnerships I'm interesting in seeing is Larionov's! I really thought he would go the route of teaching some young girl how to skate pairs so I'm intrigued by this choice. If they're choosing to skate for Russia instead of Estonia, they must feel like have the potential to go all the way. I guess I'm the only one who wants to see them. The rest all sounds horrendous. I'm sure one of the dance teams will split within two years.

Now Russia is in real danger of not having any dancers on the podium in 2018. I don't think Ilinykh is that special that she's going to succeed with another partner when she could barely succeed with the more talented Katsalapov (and Alexeeva/Kustarova are probably worse coaches than Morozov). I really won't miss I&K's dazed and confused looks after they bomb their programs and their shrugging in the K&C.

I guess we will see Bobrova/Soloviev change coaches soon. I wonder if Riazanova/Tkachenko are staying. Stepanova/Bukin completely screwed up their senior debut. Very dire all around.

I do commend the Russian fed for quickly finding new training situations for their skaters when one partner gets iced out by their partner and coach. Too bad some federations let their skaters fall through the cracks. I find just swapping the partners/coaches to be uncreative though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    The big winners are Bobrova & Soloviev, who get a chance to regroup after a disastrous season, while the two teams who are most competitive with them self-destructed.
    Also teams who will benefit from the I&K split will be W&R and C&L. What were the Russians thinking?

vCash
    Russia was very lucky I/k rallied at the sochi Olympics. They weren't look good for a medal there for years! With the b/s terrible slump without a last minute rally they wouldnt have won a medal anyway! Good that the russian federation isn't going to allow a situation where a team that was suppose to be great and dominant basically show up at their full potential once in four years because they decided they would put all their personal animosities aside and actually try to do well!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Jump View Post
    Also teams who will benefit from the I&K split will be W&R and C&L. What were the Russians thinking?
    I/k were actually more self destructive when they were together!

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Russia was very lucky I/k rallied at the sochi Olympics. They weren't look good for a medal there for years! With the b/s terrible slump without a last minute rally they wouldnt have won a medal anyway! Good that the russian federation isn't going to allow a situation where a team that was suppose to be great and dominant basically show up at their full potential once in four years because they decided they would put all their personal animosities aside and actually try to do well!
    Didn't you predict at the beginning of this season that they would split? Good job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Now Russia is in real danger of not having any dancers on the podium in 2018. I don't think Ilinykh is that special that she's going to succeed with another partner when she could barely succeed with the more talented Katsalapov (and Alexeeva/Kustarova are probably worse coaches than Morozov). I really won't miss I&K's dazed and confused looks after they bomb their programs and their shrugging in the K&C.
    Katsalapov has much better basics than Zhiganshin, but he's actually been the one who was most inconsistent out of I/K - this season alone he screwed up the twizzles at NHK in both programs taking them off the podium, he was the one who got his feet completely wrong for the lift they wiped out on at Nationals, she fell at Euros but he was all over the place before she went down, and of course he was the one who screwed up at Worlds and cost them the title, both in the SD and on the rotational lift in the FD. Maybe she'll flourish with a partner who is more reliable. And maybe he'll get more consistent if he's away from her.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Please tell me this will be like "Wife Swap" where everybody goes back to their original partners after two weeks?
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    I am also interested what Riazanova and Tkachenko are thinking to do now. With not so dusty programs they have had in the last seasons they could climb to the Europeans/Worlds team again.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Because he split with Vera because he did not feel that they are getting anywhere. So one would think he wants to get higher than the sixth or seventh place at worlds, not lower. Otherwise he is again not getting anywhere and could have stayed with Vera.
    "Getting somewhere" doesn't necessarily mean higher results: it could also mean not just spinning his wheels in frustration. It's possible he'd like the challenge of bringing another partner up the ranks and seeing day-to-day improvements. His future might very well be in coaching, and if he impresses Mozer, he might be able to stay with the group. Shpilband's reift with Zoueva seems to have come about partly because he was interested in developing skaters, not just packaging the top skaters and keeping them honed and motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I disagree. She couldn't go to the Olympics with Zaboev, and were it to fizzle quickly with Larionov, the worst-case scenario is that she'd compete with another low-ranked male. She doesn't even need a release or to finish the sit-out year if all she does is internal compeyition. If it works at all with Larionov, she'll have full support, financial, coaching, medical, and training-wise in a competitive group, with a partner who already trained the less-experienced Bazarova, which shows a lot of motivation and independence on his part. If they have any success, she'd be a well-trained and prize partner were he to retire after 2018.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Didn't you predict at the beginning of this season that they would split? Good job.
    It was after their mostly level 2 debut at NHK. I was just wondering about their future as a team. Would they be "dumped"? They didn't go the way of G/B but were broken up.

vCash
    I am in total denial. Why didn't Elena go to Bubkin at least ?
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast