Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    I can't see both ice dance teams surviving (and thriving). One of them will explode.
    Maybe not. Russia has three spots for Europeans and Worlds, and Monko-Khaliavin and Stepanova-Bukin have not been as strong this season. It will be fun to watch which of those two new couples comes higher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrey aka Pushkin View Post
    Even the horror of break up of 3 great couples (Ilyinyh/Katsalapov, Sinitsina/Zhiganshin and Zabiako/Zaboev... as for Bazarova/Larionov... meh ) can't overcome the amusement I'm going to have seeing Diva-Ilyinyh skating with heavy blue eyeshadows, fake hair extensions and long heavy skirts with a huge rose on the butt.
    She can still Skate great

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrfalcon View Post
    ....the Russians sure do not do things by halves.
    That's for darned sure!

Am about I/K. Excuse while I rummage for a large whiskey to calm my nerves.
    Pass some of that around, will you please?
    Last edited by Wyliefan; 04-06-2014 at 07:09 PM.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    And another cringeworthy catastrophe is sooo going to happen.
    Ugh, please, NO!

Actually one would hope that this blow up would be the best thing for skaters and feds to FINALLY cut ties to Morozov.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    So the rumors were true. At first sight:

Winners: Sinitsina, Yuri and his new partner, zhiganshin, Bobrova & Soloviev
    Losers: Elena, Nikita, and hopefully Morozov
    Vera: tbd until we know the specifics
    Yuri a winner? Seriously? Moving from a partner with whom he was placing 6th and 7th at worlds to a partner who did not qualify to FS at worlds? He may imagine that he is Savchenko but he is far from. He can't pick a lady from the bottom of the pile and expect to be competitive within a few years. And with his age (28 years old), I think he probably has only one Olympic chance ahead of him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    Ugh, please, NO!

Actually one would hope that this blow up would be the best thing for skaters and feds to FINALLY cut ties to Morozov.
    How are they cutting the ties with him if they are sending one of their promising ice dance teams to him?
    Last edited by Vash01; 04-06-2014 at 07:22 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    you speak out of my heart; i really have no clue, why they not even try it with linichuk, holy shit.

i had the small hope (and fear the same time) kiril khaliavin mightbe the lucky guy, but seems he stays with monko and i hope they will not take the gorshkova/buikov route.
    but come on, b/s and stepanova/bukins chances increased by a mile

unfortunately i cannot imagine what i/z will look like, but let's wait and see.
    rumor rumors...someone the other day said Ilyinyh was going to skate with Guerreiro
    Puskash with Bukin and Stepanava and Zhiganshin will skate for Germany
    i hope i got that correct !!!!!!!!! i am not sure now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Yuri a winner? Seriously? Moving from a partner with whom he was placing 6th and 7th at worlds to a partner who did not qualify to FS at worlds? He may imagine that he is Savchenko but he is far from. He can't pick a lady from the bottom of the pile and expect to be competitive within a few years. And with his age (28 years old), I think he probably has only one Olympic chance ahead of him.
    I was thinking they would skate for Estonia and win every competition plus every world and Olympic berth- something he could not dream of in Russia, with his new partner.

I hope Vera will skate for Russia, skate well and make Yuri regret that he dumped her.

vCash
    What a disaster in Russia after a very successful Olympics!

I will root for Elena in every competition. I hope she will be successful in every competition.
    I agree.

vCash
    I was thinking they would skate for Estonia and win every competition plus every world and Olympic berth- something he could not dream of in Russia, with his new partner.

I hope Vera will skate for Russia, skate well and make Yuri regret that he dumped her.
    Would Russia really release Yuri and let him still train with Mozer?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    Oh the lost potential greatness of I/K...gone...
    And another cringeworthy catastrophe is sooo going to happen.
    Kustarova will absolutely **** up I/Z, why don't they go to Igor or Krylova or even Linichuk for God's sake?!
    I wonder who Bazarova's new partner will be. They sure found one fast.
    Regardless of what Fsuers feel (negatively) about Vera, she is the most beautiful pairs lady right now (with Martiusheva and Iliushechkina gone). Probably the RSF saw that. I hope she has a better partner than Yuri. I never really liked him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefan02 View Post
    Would Russia really release Yuri and let him still train with Mozer?
    Chances are this pair won't survive long in the competitive Russian environment. There is nothing special about his new partner that I can think of.

vCash

Even if Yuri and his new partner skated for Estonia, he may be able to get a ticket to Europeans/worlds as the only Estonian pair (as long as they meet the TES minimum) but being able to attend competition is not enough. He needs to have better results than he achieved with Vera to consider the new pairing success. And somehow I can't see how within a few years she would be able to climb so high. At 28, he has probably only the next 4 years, I doubt that he will be competing after the next Olympics. Can she improve so much within 4 years? If they skate for Russia, they may not manage to push through because of the competition within Russia. If they skate for Estonia, they wouldn't have the backing of Russian Federation. Someone would have to pay for their coaches etc. In Russia, skaters have it free. I am not sure if Estonian Federation can afford to do that.

vCash
    Even if Yuri and his new partner skated for Estonia, he may be able to get a ticket to Europeans/worlds as the only Estonian pair (as long as they meet the TES minimum) but being able to attend competition is not enough. He needs to have better results than he achieved with Vera to consider the new pairing success.
    Why?
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    What we learned from this is the anonymous Russian source is always right.
    Yup. This also shows how little we know about what's going on at any time within a partnership. Very sad about I/K's end. Good luck to everybody, I guess. A couple of years ago the U.S. went through a similar partner-swap fest, although there were no Olympic bronze medalists involved. Maybe a stronger team will unexpectedly come out of this.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    How are they cutting the ties with him if they are sending one of their promising ice dance teams to him?
    My implication is that feds and skaters SHOULD cut ties with him. You know the Russian Fed has to be mightily ticked off at him at the present time.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Why?
    Because he split with Vera because he did not feel that they are getting anywhere. So one would think he wants to get higher than the sixth or seventh place at worlds, not lower. Otherwise he is again not getting anywhere and could have stayed with Vera.

vCash
    can help thinking what a strange situation...slime ball still sleeping with Elena and coaching Katsalapov

vCash
    Because he split with Vera because he did not feel that they are getting anywhere. So one would think he wants to get higher than the sixth or seventh place at worlds, not lower. Otherwise he is again not getting anywhere and could have stayed with Vera.
    Or Larionov just wants to continue competing with a new partner.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Prick Admin
    vCash
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast