Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    Kustarova will absolutely **** up I/Z, why don't they go to Igor or Krylova or even Linichuk for God's sake?!
    you speak out of my heart; i really have no clue, why they not even try it with linichuk, holy shit.

i had the small hope (and fear the same time) kiril khaliavin mightbe the lucky guy, but seems he stays with monko and i hope they will not take the gorshkova/buikov route.
    but come on, b/s and stepanova/bukins chances increased by a mile

unfortunately i cannot imagine what i/z will look like, but let's wait and see.

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    To be honest I don't think I/Z is going to work out. Although Ruslan is very good he is no match for Elena. Also they don't have the look Elena and Nikita had together.
    Nikita and Victoria could actually work out but only for a limited amount of time because Morozov will sleep with her anyway.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    I think that Ruslan is a better skater than Nikita is, but I worry whether he's tall enough or mature enough to handle Elena. Granted he mentioned once that when he was with Sinitsina, his goal was to showcase and nurture her or something like that, so hopefully he can handle her. I am so happy for Bobrova and Soloviev though. Probably one more national championship at least guaranteed for them even if they do their free dance to the chicken dance!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    What a reversal: Estonia wouldn't give Zaboev a passport, and now they lose their Pairs woman to Russia. If one of her parents is an Estonian citizen, ie, she didn't apply at 15 or older, then she won't have to give up her Estonian (EU) passport.
    According to her ISU bio she was born in Tallinn. Assume she has an Estonian citizenship by birth

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    She only has it by birth if at least one of her parents is Estonian. If both of her parents were Russian and opted to keep Russian citizenship or didn't qualify under the laws that were meant to put up road blocks for Russians who moved to Estonia in Soviet Times -- waiting periods, language tests, etc., -- or didn't complete all that before she was born in 1994, then she would have had to be naturalized.

There was a lot of scrambling around the years around the transition.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash

This sums my reaction to this

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    At least the off-season won't be as boring.

vCash
    I want Elena Ilinyhk to win all of the things. That is all that I want.

This is the worst announcement in years.

vCash
    That's more partner swapping than in the Russian TV ice shows

But seriously, what where they all thinking? And did everyone accept the first person who offered a partnership?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaiKozOda View Post

This sums my reaction to this
    Yep. It's rare that the off season is more exciting than the actual season!

Does anyone have any insight into how this would have been engineered? I never believed the I/K rumour (more fool me) but the straight swap is even more surprising.

For some reason I am hating the concept of the I/Z partnership.

Entre el mundo del patinaje y el mundo real
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    To be honest I don't think I/Z is going to work out. Although Ruslan is very good he is no match for Elena. Also they don't have the look Elena and Nikita had together.
    Nikita and Victoria could actually work out but only for a limited amount of time because Morozov will sleep with her anyway.
    plus Ruslan looks like a malnourished srummy little kid who needs to build muscles
    hopefully the inevitable for Sinitsina wont happen

Brezina's Nemesis
    Collecting papers to obtain status of a Goddess for Asli
    vCash
    Even the horror of break up of 3 great couples (Ilyinyh/Katsalapov, Sinitsina/Zhiganshin and Zabiako/Zaboev... as for Bazarova/Larionov... meh ) can't overcome the amusement I'm going to have seeing Diva-Ilyinyh skating with heavy blue eyeshadows, fake hair extensions and long heavy skirts with a huge rose on the butt.
    In Soviet Russia, the skaters lobbychick YOU.

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Thanks for posting TAHbKA.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    If we didn't just have April Fools day, I would be sure this thread was an April Fools joke.

Truth is stranger than fiction in this case...
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

vCash
    So let me get this straight. Larionov gets rid of Bazarova with who he was achieving for the last few years around 6th or 7th place at worlds/Olympics and then instead of going Maisuradze's route (picking any 'under-average' Russian junior girl who has 'only' three of four triples (which is currently not enough for any Russian junior lady to be competitive) he finds a partner who has been achieving 19th place in the SP and not qualifying into the FS at worlds. Well, good luck with that! I am curious if he ever attends another Europeans/worlds, given the level of pair competition in Russia. At this moment Volosozhar-Trankov and Stolbova-Klimov sits firmly on first two spots, so the fight will be for the last spot, and there is Antipova-Maisuradze, maybe Kavaguti-Smirnov (if they don't retire), Tarasova-Morozov and 4 other pairs moving up from juniors. (I didn't count Gerboldt-Enbert because they haven't shown us anything note worthy for the last few years). I really can't see how Larionov imagines that they will beat all those pairs to grab the third spot. Well, never mind. He was nothing special anyway so I won't miss him.

ETA: Unless he plans to switch the citizenship and skate for Estonia?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    So let me get this straight. Larionov gets rid of Bazarova with who he was achieving for the last few years around 6th place at worlds/Olympics and then instead of going Maisuradze's route (picking any 'under-average' Russian junior girl who has 'only' three of four triples (which is currently not enough for any Russian junior lady to be competitive) he finds a partner who has been achieving 19th place in the SP and not qualifying into the FS at worlds.
    Maybe Zabijako has untapped potential that is not yet evident? She can land a clean 3T (2014 Worlds & Euros SP).

ETA: TAHbKA posted in the B/L split thread that Z/L plan to represent Russia (after sitting out a season). Yes, it would make much more sense for Z/L to represent Estonia.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    What we learned from this is the anonymous Russian source is always right.

Sabre-rattler
    vCash
    This is crazy. I am in total shock since I thought all of our here over the unverified rumors was just that. Never dreamt this was all really going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    , B/S will win Worlds !
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    The big winners are Bobrova & Soloviev, who get a chance to regroup after a disastrous season, while the two teams who are most competitive with them self-destructed.
    I am still scratching my head over the fact that the Olympic Bronze Medalists split up after their biggest result yet. What?!

Also, maybe P/B should reconsider that retirement of theirs. I wouldn't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    I want Elena Ilinyhk to win all of the things. That is all that I want.

This is the worst announcement in years.
    I agree. Elena for everything! I hope Ruslan endeavors to deserve her.

But what a sad state of affairs in Russia and Estonia.
    Like a leaf on the wind

vCash
    So the rumors were true. At first sight:

Winners: Sinitsina, Yuri and his new partner, zhiganshin, Bobrova & Soloviev
    Losers: Elena, Nikita, and hopefully Morozov
    Vera: tbd until we know the specifics

What a disaster in Russia after a very successful Olympics!

I will root for Elena in every competition. I hope she will be successful in every competition.

How on earth did the RSF agree to this circus?
    Last edited by Vash01; 04-06-2014 at 06:50 PM.

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast