Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

vCash
    Thank you from me as well, quiquie.

Has Vaitsekhovskaya commented on the impact that the personal relationships between Elena/K and Elena/Morozov 's relationship had on the team? She must be aware of this.

Or, is there some code of conduct that prohibits her from speaking about it?

vCash
    I think she stated it clearly enough here: http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/vel...842/page1.html She says that Morozov has no influence on Ilinykh, implying that he is acting unprofessionally having an off-ice relationship with her (or at least failing to use that relationship to his advantage as a coach).

And after the split, she addressed the topic here: http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/vellena/post321013677/

"To part on good terms is very rare. I would say it’s an illusion in most cases, even if there is no visible scandal. Sport is no different from life in this sense: it always hurts when they replace you with someone younger, someone with longer legs (although in figure skating having long legs is not an advantage), someone older - it is the worst. «What had he found in her?»
    I think, in all this turmoil, if not skaters themselves, but the ones who see the situation from outside, need to understand simple thing: on a certain level of elite sport, the form of relationship becomes secondary. The main thing is the goal. People are either ready to endure compromises and losses to achieve it, or not. The ones who are ready, walk over not dead, but alive enough bodies, so to speak. Changing coaches, changing partners, not always apologizing, stepping on live flesh. Sometimes without even noticing that. I am not ready to judge them."

vCash
    quiqie, do you have translation for this article?

http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/vellena/post322132371/

vCash
    The summary here:

Quote Originally Posted by quiqie View Post
    Vaitsekhovskaya reports from Ilinykh/Zhiganshin's practice: http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/vellena/post322132371/

Says that the first impression was unexpectedly good, Elena lost weight and looks thin compared to Ruslan (and Elena says it's just a beginning, she only started weight losing program). Vaitsekhovskaya discussed problems of the new team with the coach, Svetlana Alexeeva notes that they understandably lack unison at the moment, that the new training regimen is tough for Elena after the rather lax one she had in Novogorsk. Says that the skaters try doing lifts, for now only on the floor, that they are going to discuss ideas for the future programs with choreographer in the next couple of days (doesn't provide a name, only hints that he recently came back to Moscow). On the plus side, Vaitsekhovskaya notes they have similar manner of skating, have already tried skating pasodoble, and it went really well.
    Alekseeva also says that both Elena and Ruslan have "soft knees", more so than Victoria, so it is easier to achieve unison; says that Elena is more catchy and coordinated than Victoria, which is good for lifts.

vCash
    The summary here:

Alekseeva also says that both Elena and Ruslan have "soft knees", more so than Victoria, so it is easier to achieve unison; says that Elena is more catchy and coordinated than Victoria, which is good for lifts.
    I like to read that. I am just waiting when the news comes from 'the other camp' highlighting either the strongest points of Victoria (and comparing that to the same but less positive points of Elena) or comparing how much easier it is for Victoria to skate with Katsalapov because Ruslan was not as good in ...(whatever skills)

vCash
    The summary here:
    Again thank you quiqie. I happy at least Kustarova not going to bend Elena like speed skaters to get speed () and Ruslan is catching up Elena in skating skills.

I know I shouldn't want so much from you () but what she means in there? I don't understand with Google Translate. Thank you so much quiqie.

so fairly quickly succeeded precise footwork in a closed position - guys several times passed the entire length of the rink in a paso doble, I personally do not think so accurately, quickly, and all this will be an edge. That is, it is clear that they control each other, but without fanaticism, I would say control. That is perhaps the most strongly impressed. That even in a very raw form is something to pay attention to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    so fairly quickly succeeded precise footwork in a closed position - guys several times passed the entire length of the rink in a paso doble, I personally do not think so accurately, quickly, and all this will be an edge. That is, it is clear that they control each other, but without fanaticism, I would say control. That is perhaps the most strongly impressed. That even in a very raw form is something to pay attention to.
    this

Elena and Ruslan have similar skating style, and it was easy to achieve accurate legwork in closed positions very quickly - the skaters did several laps of pasodoble, I personally didn’t think that it would be so precise, fast and on good edges. You can see they have to control each other, but not overly so. That’s what was the most impressive I would say. That even as ‘raw’ as it is, it is still worth attention.
    Last edited by quiqie; 04-24-2014 at 08:16 PM.

vCash
    Two things should be noted: Vaitsekhovskaya is known to be a friend of Tarasova and Alexeeva was Tarasova's longtime assistant during the 80s so this pair may get more of the TAT push.

The article also said Ruslan seems to be the leader of the pair.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yehudi View Post
    Two things should be noted: Vaitsekhovskaya is known to be a friend of Tarasova and Alexeeva was Tarasova's longtime assistant during the 80s so this pair may get more of the TAT push.
    Vaytsekhovskaya is in a good terms with pretty much everyone. She is also a decorated enough journalist to decide herself who to interview. That is to say if she is not fond of someone you will usually not see her interviewing those people.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    She also won the 1976 Olympic gold medal in platform diving, and has more than a clue about what elite training and the mental and physical demands of being an elite athlete are, as well as the difference between being great and a champion.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    Has Vaitsekhovskaya commented on the impact that the personal relationships between Elena/K and Elena/Morozov 's relationship had on the team? She must be aware of this.

Or, is there some code of conduct that prohibits her from speaking about it?
    Didn't Tarasova already denounce the 'moral' code of Morozov in that interview with her that was posted here last week?

vCash
    I am sorry to hear about this team splitting. I also think that Morozov did a nice job with them. I like Nikita's strength and masculinity but he does seem wild and unable to control his speed and passion. Elena was just great!

vCash
    PS. The young Russian teams must find Marina Zueva boring? They sure dont flock to her

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    PS. The young Russian teams must find Marina Zueva boring? They sure dont flock to her
    Moscow vs. Suburban Southeast Michigan

Hmmmm....
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    I am sorry to hear about this team splitting. I also think that Morozov did a nice job with them. I like Nikita's strength and masculinity but he does seem wild and unable to control his speed and passion. Elena was just great!
    Yes, Nikita comes across as a headstrong jock-type, what with showing off his muscles in that photo this week.

Probably needs a strong coach who can keep him in line!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Moscow vs. Suburban Southeast Michigan

Hmmmm....
    Suburban Southeast Michigan!!!

Whitefish, cinnamon, bowling pins, and unholy Presbyterians, Especially in (Suburban Southeast) Michgan

vCash
    And then on the same day Katsalapov says he never said a word to the press about the split, someone pretends to be him on the internet and Zueva comments on how wonderful Sinitsina/Katsalapov is, that she is already thinking about a style for them and they are faster than anyone in the world

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    And then on the same day Katsalapov says he never said a word to the press about the split, someone pretends to be him on the internet and Zueva comments on how wonderful Sinitsina/Katsalapov is, that she is already thinking about a style for them and they are faster than anyone in the world
    Unfortunately this is not speedskating. He still needs to hit the elements such as twizzles, no matter how fast or slow they are.

vCash
    The reason I brought up Bobek was as a cautionary tale, Elena clearly isn't at that level of coach switching. However, I look at I&K and remember their first year seniors and that ballet program they did that was beautiful and stood out and they were beautiful and stood out but it was consistently getting low levels, especially on lifts and every commentator I heard that season blamed Zhulin. All I remember hearing was what was his problem and didn't he understand how to choreograph under COP and why was he hurting this amazingly talented team by not giving them harder lifts. Now it's several years down the road and it's the same issue, beautiful program lack of difficulty and you have to at some point wonder if the problem is the team, not the coach/choreographer. If they haven't mastered more difficult lifts and step sequences either they aren't really as talented as the hype or their not working hard enough to achieve greater difficulty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nikjil View Post
    The reason I brought up Bobek was as a cautionary tale, Elena clearly isn't at that level of coach switching. However, I look at I&K and remember their first year seniors and that ballet program they did that was beautiful and stood out and they were beautiful and stood out but it was consistently getting low levels, especially on lifts and every commentator I heard that season blamed Zhulin. All I remember hearing was what was his problem and didn't he understand how to choreograph under COP and why was he hurting this amazingly talented team by not giving them harder lifts. Now it's several years down the road and it's the same issue, beautiful program lack of difficulty and you have to at some point wonder if the problem is the team, not the coach/choreographer. If they haven't mastered more difficult lifts and step sequences either they aren't really as talented as the hype or their not working hard enough to achieve greater difficulty.
    All russian ice dance couples have same ''level of technical elements'' problem. They still didn't get over it. Even teams of Zhulin (Bobrova/Soloviev and Monko/Khaliavin)

Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Did she really said they are faster than anyone in the world? I'm sure they are faster than anyone in world with bend over to waist crossovers Difficult holds, close position speed like ice dancers might be a little more difficult but I'm sure they can fix this in 3 weeks
    Last edited by elif; 04-28-2014 at 06:53 PM.

Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast