Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

vCash

If Its Monday, its DWTS, but if Its Saturday its SOI? Season 18. So Confused!

And this week they have the partner switch. I am not a fan of the idea.

I'm hoping there will be SOI fluffs & previews this coming Monday, though

vCash
    There will be riots if DWTS doesn't show at least one fluff package of M/C's partners watching them rehearse for SOI and/or attempting to skate with them.

vCash
    I can't believe that Meryl and Charlie are subjecting themselves to this punishing schedule FOR FUN. If I wanted some fun after working like a slave to win the Olympics, I'd go lie on a beach somewhere for, like, three weeks straight. But then, I don't have the athlete's mindset!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    I'm sure the money is great.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I can't believe that Meryl and Charlie are subjecting themselves to this punishing schedule FOR FUN.
    6 figures are fun.

vCash
    Well, yes, there is that . . .
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Every Olympic gold medalist understands full well that the days, weeks, and months following the games are crucial for their marketability. They have the rest of their lives to lie on a beach, but only now when the public eye and consciousness is most receptive, "riding the wave" as Meryl called it. Which is not mutually exclusive with having fun with it as well.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AYS View Post
    Every Olympic gold medalist understands full well that the days, weeks, and months following the games are crucial for their marketability. They have the rest of their lives to lie on a beach, but only now when the public eye and consciousness is most receptive, "riding the wave" as Meryl called it. Which is not mutually exclusive with having fun with it as well.
    True

vCash
    Meanwhile this person analyzed the partner switch data to determine how much the producers screwed around with the partner switch voting.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s195im

And Danica is happy with Maks (presuming that the secret sources are correct that Maks & Danica are partnered this week.

From Danica's twitter
    I am so excited about my dance this week! Such an diametrically different process with my new partner, and yet so awesome.

And Derek is excited about the Switch up
    http://www.tvguide.com/News/Dancing-...h-1080085.aspx

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AYS View Post
    Very true! It doesn't take long for the media to forget and move on to the next thing. With skating, it is even tougher for the mainstream media focus because it is a once-every-4-years sport. It is true with anything...you snooze, you lose!

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    Very true! It doesn't take long for the media to forget and move on to the next thing. With skating, it is even tougher for the mainstream media focus because it is a once-every-4-years sport. It is true with anything...you snooze, you lose!
    And toughest of all for ice dancers--people don't 'get' it, even some skating people are fuzzy on it. Strike while the iron is hot. And I would think this is better than trying to be a "celebrity" (ie just showing up for red carpets, interviews, or trying to be an actor yes I'm looking at you, Lipinski...)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    And toughest of all for ice dancers--people don't 'get' it, even some skating people are fuzzy on it. Strike while the iron is hot. And I would think this is better than trying to be a "celebrity" (ie just showing up for red carpets, interviews, or trying to be an actor yes I'm looking at you, Lipinski...)
    I don't think even the USFS "got" it until a few months before the Olympics.

vCash
    I have to say, I really like the new pairings. They're pretty much exactly what I would've chosen. Can't wait for the next show.

vCash
    And Danica is happy with Maks (presuming that the secret sources are correct that Maks & Danica are partnered this week.
    According to the gossip, Danica is not so happy anymore. Maks is back to his impatient/tyrannical self and that doesn't work with Danica's personality. I guess we'll see ...

And I voted for Maks with Danica and Meryl with Val back when it wasn't certain that they'd wind up back with their original partners. I figured that would pose the least obstacles to getting original partners back, but I also thought Maks would be able to chill for a week and be nice to his brother's partner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    They didn't have DWTS in 1998. I don't see why she shouldn't have tried acting if she wanted to. I don't think anybody expected her to be Meryl Streep, but if the goals are to earn something, and have fun, and keep from completely vanishing from the public eye, I think she managed that much.

vCash
    I want to see Tony, Len, and Carrie Ann on skates and let the dancers and audience judge them

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    They didn't have DWTS in 1998. I don't see why she shouldn't have tried acting if she wanted to. I don't think anybody expected her to be Meryl Streep, but if the goals are to earn something, and have fun, and keep from completely vanishing from the public eye, I think she managed that much.
    Except, not to be cold, not pretty enough, not very talented...I mean I realize the latter doesn't always matter, but unfortunately in acting if you don't have the former you NEED the latter. There's something kind of sad about Z-listers.

If Danica is already turning on the waterworks, Maks is going to steamroll her. And really, some part of me finds that good TV. Sorry, raised by parents of Eastern European extraction which has worked out well for riding instructors, skating coaches, and dance teachers as I have deeply ingrained the lesson "Don't mouth off or expect coddling."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    According to the gossip, Danica is not so happy anymore. Maks is back to his impatient/tyrannical self and that doesn't work with Danica's personality. I guess we'll see ...
    According to PureDWTS? The most credible publication in the world?

vCash
    Maks is not the most patient person (perhaps an understatement). Even with Val, the fluffs made Danica seem ditzy and like she had to be pushed to concentrate. Combined with Danica already bringing the waterworks, these have been attributes that have driven Maks crazy.

I can't wait for tomorrow night!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceanne View Post
    I want to see Tony, Len, and Carrie Ann on skates and let the dancers and audience judge them
    I think Len (and Bruno) would be up for it. Carrie Ann, though, would deserve it.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast