Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    Thank you everybody for videos and reports!
    "The Walker" is a cute number. Happy to see Josh featured, and he is good.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    And he was wearing the Hershey team (minor league) jersey last night.

Still pretty tired from last night - didn't get home until after 11 (a hour and a half drive). My favorite was (of course! ) D/W, followed by Jason Brown and Josh Farris. I liked Jeremy and Alissa's duet - I love Alissa's skating but her solo numbers didn't make much of an impression on me. Ashley did a great job (love her new blue dress for Young and Beautiful). I'm not a huge fan of Gracie and I'm tired of hearing Let It Go (thankfully, none of the kids I skate with are skating to that, yet anyway), but Gracie did manage to get the restless and fidgety kid sitting next to me to pay attention and stop jumping around during that number, so props to Gracie for that, lol.

I liked the guys' number. The girls' number was kind of a huh? for me. Beautiful skating and the ballet theme was nice, but as Jozet said, the music was weird. Maybe any gender scholars among us could debate why the guys get to wear bright colors and skate to fun, upbeat music and the girls skate to dark lyrics about not being pretty enough, wearing muted pastels.

There were advance order forms on the seats so it looks like there will be a SOI tour next year (although who knows which and how many cities). D/W were the skaters pictured on it but it didn't specifically say they were on the tour. I hope this wasn't the last time I'll see them skate live. And I'd like to put the plug in for a DC (or Baltimore) stop next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    And he was wearing the Hershey team (minor league) jersey last night.

Still pretty tired from last night - didn't get home until after 11 (a hour and a half drive). My favorite was (of course! ) D/W, followed by Jason Brown and Josh Farris. I liked Jeremy and Alissa's duet - I love Alissa's skating but her solo numbers didn't make much of an impression on me. Ashley did a great job (love her new blue dress for Young and Beautiful). I'm not a huge fan of Gracie and I'm tired of hearing Let It Go (thankfully, none of the kids I skate with are skating to that, yet anyway), but Gracie did manage to get the restless and fidgety kid sitting next to me to pay attention and stop jumping around during that number, so props to Gracie for that, lol.

I liked the guys' number. The girls' number was kind of a huh? for me. Beautiful skating and the ballet theme was nice, but as Jozet said, the music was weird. Maybe any gender scholars among us could debate why the guys get to wear bright colors and skate to fun, upbeat music and the girls skate to dark lyrics about not being pretty enough, wearing muted pastels.

There were advance order forms on the seats so it looks like there will be a SOI tour next year (although who knows which and how many cities). D/W were the skaters pictured on it but it didn't specifically say they were on the tour. I hope this wasn't the last time I'll see them skate live. And I'd like to put the plug in for a DC (or Baltimore) stop next year.
    Interesting that you had advance ticket sales in Hershey. We had no such form in NJ which makes me think they will scale back again next year. I went in DC at the Verizon Center after 2010 and attendance was really spotty for an Olympic year. I'm not surprised they're not there although its too bad that they can't fill seats in these densely populated areas like DC and NJ where there are presumably a lot of suburban parents with cash and little skaters.

vCash
    Here are the remaining "SkateFest" cities being organized by USFS in conjunction with some of the Stars on Ice tour stops: http://usfigureskating.org/shell.asp?sid=50035

Providence, R.I. - Friday, April 11 - Dennis Lynch Arena

Albany, N.Y. - Friday, April 18 - Albany County Hockey Facility

Pittsburgh, Pa. - Thursday, April 24 - Robert Morris Ice Arena

Detroit, Mich - Saturday, April 26 - Arctic Edge of Canton

Chicago, Ill. - Friday, May 2 - Skokie Skatium

Anaheim, Calif. - Saturday, May 10 - East West Ice Palace

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozet View Post
    Hershey show tonight!

First, had a skate club meet and greet with Jeremy Abbott. What a sweet guy! Answered the kids' questions and signed autographs.
    Great to hear! So this was arranged by your club and was not part of USFS' SkateFest?
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-11-2014 at 04:18 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    omg, I'm an idiot...

I said that Kim and Brent were pairs, but they are ice dance, of course. I watched them do a head banger and some crazy lifts during the warm up and was on pins and needles during their performances. I had it in my head that they were "scary."

Social error! I'm a newbie with dance and pairs, Thank you for the correction!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozet View Post
    Social error! I'm a newbie with dance and pairs, Thank you for the correction!
    Don't worry, we appreciate your posting a detailed report so soon after the show when I'm sure you were tired. I'd much rather get your reaction "in the moment" then have you spend time trying to proofread and correct everything! Glad you had fun at the show and thanks for your report.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Video of Simon throwing Jason at SOI practice:

http://instagram.com/p/mqCtEfMrlx/
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    No rest for the Olympic champs Davis, White
    By BARRY WILNER, AP Sports Writer | April 11, 2014 | Updated: April 11, 2014 2:05pm
    http://www.chron.com/sports/article/...te-5395715.php

NEW YORK (PIX11) — The Olympic figure skating team will bring the spirit and passion of the games back to home on ice.

Lisa Mateo is with U.S. Champion Ashley Wagner with a preview of what to expect at the 2014 “Stars on Ice” tour at the Prudential Center.

Medalists from the inaugural Olympic figure skating team event will visit Newark on Wednesday for a 7 PM performance at the Prudential Center and Uniondale on Sunday, April 13 for a 4:00 PM performance at Nassau Coliseum.
    Video: http://pix11.com/2014/04/08/stars-on...#axzz2ycRfcGUK

Stars on Ice: Jason Brown talks about Sochi Olympics, Team USA
    Skaters Meryl Davis, Charlie White and Gracie Gold will also be part of the Hershey performance April 10.
    By Erin McCracken
    http://www.flipsidepa.com/celebrity/...sochi-olympics
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    Oh wow, I'm in love with this number. Does anyone know who choreographed it?
    I'm so impressed with Mirai's improvement (musicality wise).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyCurry View Post
    Oh wow, I'm in love with this number. Does anyone know who choreographed it?
    Adam Rippon.

U.S. TV reminder that the one-hour SOI broadcast is scheduled for tomorrow (Sunday 3 pm Eastern): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...unday-April-13

vCash
    The Newark show last Wednesday was great! Favorites were probably Brown, Gold, D/W, Nagasu #2 but everyone was good.

I took some shots as well, hopefully I can share some with you guys soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Adam Rippon.

U.S. TV reminder that the one-hour SOI broadcast is scheduled for tomorrow (Sunday 3 pm Eastern): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...unday-April-13
    Fingers crossed for non-geoblocked videos to show up after!

Also hoping Josh doesn't get chacked!

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Fingers crossed for non-geoblocked videos to show up after!

Also hoping Josh doesn't get chacked!
    In a one-hour broadcast, I have pretty much no hope that his solo will be shown. I'm crossing fingers they'll included the guys' group number, though.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    i'm guessing they'll show opening and closing numbers, Meryl and Charlie obviously, Ashley and Gracie, Jeremy, and maybe the girls' and/or guys' numbers.

vCash
    Just got home from Providence - my impressions are pretty similar to what has been posted.
    Mirai - just lovely, and I was at Nationals in Boston, and she was wonderful, the choreography fits her and she was a major highlight.
    Josh - so fun in the group number. He is such a classical skater - fun to see him doing something different.
    and with Jason - as others posted in mens/nationals - with Josh, Jason and Max - the next quad will be great - each different.
    Jason so cute doing the intro for the second half. Both his programs were great - and crowd favorites
    NavBoms - love seeing them again
    Alissa and Jeremy duet - nice
    Rest of Alissa - beautiful, not high difficulty, except spins were wonderful
    Jeremy's first number - don't know song, he skated great - but the music was too fast, not a good match
    Meryl & Charlie - the Rach piece is divine. Plus how are they doing this and DWTS - so impressed with their energy.
    I enjoyed the show.
    Not be negative - but having gone to SOI for over 20 + years - I really miss the big intricate group numbers. I know it cant be done due to timing of worlds and having competing skaters. The group numbers were what made SOI unique.
    Also glad to see NavBoms and Bradley and Josh - but miss the international flavor.
    Couldn't we at least get some Canadians?
    The lower section of the arena was almost full. Compared to other SOI shows the last few years - one of the better attended ones.
    And there were preorder forms for next year. Nice - I live near Hartford - Providence is under 2 hrs for me, last year the closest was Portland, ME - 4 hrs away.
    Wish it would come back to Hartford (or Bridgeport or Worcester).
    I am glad I went to the show, enjoyed it, but it also makes me miss the shows from years ago.

vCash
    Here's another Fancam of the Finale plus a bit of Happy. It's shot from a nice floor/ice view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scagw...0PIq7eLF5c-TCQ

vCash
    SOI broadcast (taped in Orlando, FL) has started in the Eastern time zone - link to a live stream is posted in TV Alerts forum: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4238348

ETA a list of the programs shown by NBC:
    D&W's Scheherazade
    Brown's Riverdance
    Wagner's Young & Beautiful
    Guys' group number!
    Navarro/Bommentre's How do you like me now? (glad to see them get the exposure!)
    Abbott's Latch
    Gold's Let it Go
    D&W's Rach. 2
    Finale to Don't Stop Believin'
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-13-2014 at 08:58 PM.

vCash
    Is there a video of Josh Farris solo program anywhere? I think that's the one skate I can't find on youtube.

vCash
    ^^^ Have you searched YouTube today? I haven't found a fan cam copy yet.

ETA: Just searched again and nope. Hopefully it will show up at some point!

vCash
    Thank you Sylvia and TanithandBenFan for links/videos!

In this pic the guys have on costumes https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bkan4pwIUAELuvf.jpg similar to Gordeeva and Grinkov's '94 Olympic LP costumes: http://img.fanbase.com/media.fanbase...4c5f912191bd2b

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast