Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    Does Alissa look OK? I love her show skating

vCash
    Thanks so much rustymuffins! We really appreciate this detailed account. Thanks!

vCash
    Oh yeah, that was the other question I had for you, rustymuffins, if you don't mind! What was Josh's new program like? Is it another sad male ballad? Or more fun?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shuilee View Post
    Why no mention of Jason Brown or Polina Edmunds on the music list? Anyone know what they performed?
    Read on twitter than Polina performed to Uptown Girl.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Oh yeah, that was the other question I had for you, rustymuffins, if you don't mind! What was Josh's new program like? Is it another sad male ballad? Or more fun?
    I haven't seen the show, but I'm familiar with the song he's skating to and it's slow and emotional (and very beautiful). I remember it being used on So You Think You Can Dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB0ordd2nOI
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Thanks, rustymuffins, for sharing your SOI experience! Our turn comes this Wednesday evening in Newark, NJ. Can't wait!

vCash
    I like Joshua Ferris, but why is he in all the shows and Jason doing only 12. Was it his choice or the tour's choice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Jump View Post
    I like Joshua Ferris, but why is he in all the shows and Jason doing only 12. Was it his choice or the tour's choice.
    Joshua FARRIS was invited as a full-time cast member independent of the Olympians.

I think it might have been Jason's choice to only do 12 shows. But he is replaced by Max Aaron for the other 8, so it's not like he was replaced by someone of lesser quality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Jump View Post
    Maybe they needed a Taller guy for the cast numbers? Farris is 3-4 inches taller than Jason. But it's more likely due to Jason's need to get back to training.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerpt1 View Post
    Maybe they needed a Taller guy for the cast numbers? Farris is 3-4 inches taller than Jason. But it's more likely due to Jason's need to get back to training.
    I like your logic.

But the second part of your logic is a bit flawed since Josh is also continuing this season

vCash
    But the second part of your logic is a bit flawed since Josh is also continuing this season
    Maybe Josh's schedule with his choreographer doesn't conflict with SOI schedule, where Jason's does?
    Or maybe Josh is like "I got my quad" and Jason needs a lot of time to be working on a new element?
    Or maybe Josh needs funding more than Jason does so he had to prioritize shows over training?

I do think Jason chose to not do all the shows; and training could be the reason why.

I think it might have been Jason's choice to only do 12 shows. But he is replaced by Max Aaron for the other 8, so it's not like he was replaced by someone of lesser quality.
    Reading all the posts about Max going to Worlds, I certainly get the impression that many people think Max is lesser quality...

vCash
    I like your logic.

But Josh has probably been working on new programs while Jason and Max did Olys and Worlds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Maybe Josh's schedule with his choreographer doesn't conflict with SOI schedule, where Jason's does?
    Or maybe Josh is like "I got my quad" and Jason needs a lot of time to be working on a new element?
    Or maybe Josh needs funding more than Jason does so he had to prioritize shows over training?
    There was a wink face after that sentence for a reason. Of course there are varying reasons why one might choose one show and one might choose another.

Anyway, Josh and Jason goofing around on the bus with surprise!Polina, to make everyone happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Reading all the posts about Max going to Worlds, I certainly get the impression that many people think Max is lesser quality...
    Poor Max.

vCash
    Jason is starting choreographing his new programs with Rohene Waed early in May. There may well be a conflict there with Rohene's European commitments.

vCash
    Re-posting from the Davis/White fan thread...

Davis/White's "Scheherazade" (fancam in Fort Myers on opening night): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUd14gLh6JE

Quote Originally Posted by bronwynsings View Post
    http://instagram.com/p/mbIj_MEjZ4/

This video makes me laugh... Polina vs. Charlie Twizzle Off! Polina sure can twizzle
    I'm not surprised Polina Edmunds can twizzle up a storm - her choreographer is Marina Klimova and one of her best buddies is Klimova's ice dancer son, Anthony Ponomarenko.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    To Build A Home is a gorgeous song. Josh has good taste!

Also I read on TSL that he is keeping his current free skate program for next season. Maybe that factors in somehow with doing the whole tour, either a cause or effect?

vCash
    Really tempted to do the San Diego show. Looked on line and tickets seem to be available (not that I was expecting that to be an issue) I may just book it when I get my May schedule firmed up in a few weeks.

vCash
    Not at all! It was more akin to a sad male ballad type program, but it was quite beautiful! I really enjoyed it, and the audience did as well. I haven't followed him much, but that program made me a fan. He also started off the men's group routine and was really quite fun there showing off some dancing moves.

Polina started off her skate to something else, can't recall at the moment, but ended it with Uptown Girl and showed off her jumps nicely.

Alissa was so-so on the jumps, but her spins/spirals were nice from what I remember and she was graceful as always. Disappointed with the jumps, but quite lovely!

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    Thanks for your reviews, rustymuffins. There's nothing like just being there, is there?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rustymuffins View Post
    I'm apparently easy to please, because I had a great time! It went by so quickly, too. It didn't look like the arena was too full, sadly enough. Seems like a lot of pockets of the upper sections were empty. Parking was only $5 (!!!) and the venue was a little smaller than I'm used to, so maybe the bigger cities/arenas will get a little more of an audience. Still, a fun show and well worth the 2 hour drive for me.

It's so freaky to me to recognize skaters just casually walking among "the rabble." I saw Polina Edmunds walking to an alternate entrance right before her performance, and after the show saw Tanith heading to a backstage area. Meryl Davis also caused a bit of a stir in the ladies bathroom during the intermission merely by gracing us commoners with her presence (she walked right in front of me on her way out and I could only stare for those 2 seconds in a manner I hope wasn't too creepy).
    Glad you enjoyed it, rustymuffins! I really want to go one of them... Maybe I'll buy tickets. They're not sold out yet in my area. But the meet and greet tickets are all sold out!

I had the same experience as you recognizing these skaters and seeing them in real life for the first time in Sochi (at the Olympics of all places)! The figure skating arena in Sochi felt kind of small for an Olympic arena also, and literally half the seats were empty during the first few days of competitions (which was good since we got to fill in some of those empty seats for the TV ). Anyways, it feels so weird to actually recognize them in person, stand literally 3 feet away from them (after seeing them on TV for long) and then actually going up to them and asking for an autograph or a picture (and hope that they don't look annoyed lol) and talking to them for a minute or two. Though my experience was a little different because I was the only person who could recognize some of the lesser known competitors (and even the more famous ones like Mao and V/M).
    Last edited by smarts1; 04-06-2014 at 06:52 PM.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast