Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Bazarova/Larionov Split

According to Mozer:

http://itar-tass.com/sport/1087528

Sounds like both will seek new partners.

vCash
    Article link and earlier discussion was posted in the Bazarova interview thread, starting here (for those who'd like to read it): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4226819
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Wow. Some real shake-ups in skating partnerships this season .
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

DAISUKE!!!!!!!!!!
    vCash
    At least Niklas Hogner is happy now. I cannot count all the times he has said, while commentating on Swedish Eurosport: ”I simply do not get this pair. They have no connection, I have no idea what they are trying to convey and to say it bluntly: the girl cannot skate! The judges keep showering them with these undeserved marks. I have no idea why."

At the same time he is praising MT/M and wuzrobbing them every time they come 4th.
    Last edited by itsartemis; 04-01-2014 at 10:09 PM.

vCash
    A least Hiklas Hogner is happy now. I cannot count all the times he has said, while commentating on Swedish Eurosport: ”I simply do not get this pair. They have no connection, I have no idea what they are trying to convey and to say it bluntly: the girl cannot skate! The judges keep showering them with these undeserved marks. I have no idea why."
    This

vCash
    Damn, I was sure this was the first of the April fool's threads.

vCash
    The April Fool's threads this year are far less outlandish than the "news" threads.

vCash
    Oh wait, this is real?! Wow. Though I've never gotten them as a pair, this is unexpected.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by itsartemis View Post
    A least Hiklas Hogner is happy now. I cannot count all the times he has said, while commentating on Swedish Eurosport: ”I simply do not get this pair. They have no connection, I have no idea what they are trying to convey and to say it bluntly: the girl cannot skate! The judges keep showering them with these undeserved marks. I have no idea why."[/SIZE]
    *Niklas. And he was right.

Bazarova/Larionov did have exceptional lifts and twist lifts but their jumps were substandard and their presentation was really lacking. And they haven't really developed it at all since entering international competitions. Well, I guess their programs this season were slightly better than what they have had before but their lack of performance skills and sloppy postures and lines remained.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 04-01-2014 at 06:03 AM.

vCash
    Awww! Good luck to them both.

Are they still an off-ice couple?

vCash
    ^No

vCash
    I am guessing they have already found a tiny 15-year old with jumps through to the 3lutz to skate with Larionov. So you better all get mentally ready for another Antipova/Maisuradze style team with strong elements and not much else. Make sure a cushion is strapped to your desk so that you can avoid concussions once the scores come up.

vCash
    From Vera VK page:
    "I am grateful to Yuri for everything he has done for me .. I did not leave him in a difficult situation .. sorry, but he made the decision himself ..."

vCash
    I'm glad he left this girl... She couldn't jump her way out of a paper bag.. It was almost embarrassing to see someone on the world stage competing in pairs when she would not have made it out of a singles regional competition in the U.S. with those jumps

Resident Rude Brazilian
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    vCash
    I was sure this was an April fool's thread...
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    From Vera VK page:
    "I am grateful to Yuri for everything he has done for me .. I did not leave him in a difficult situation .. sorry, but he made the decision himself ..."
    That's sad for Vera to have things end when she didn't want them to but this partnership seemed doomed once they were passed within Russia by S/K and had to sit on the sidelines at the Olympics and not compete for a team medal (which ended up being gold).

vCash
    Mother Russia is really bringing the off-season drama this year. But given all the build-up to Sochi, we probably should not be surprised.

vCash
    Piseev: Vera Bazarov / Yuri Larionov has no future without a stable performance of jump elements, so decay duo natural
    http://www.rsport.ru/figure_skating/...740133125.html

On the one hand, it's a pity that they end. On the other hand, they know better than to engage further. And even more special is not really progress, because without a stable performance jump elements that can not always be the partner, it is very difficult to claim something.
    Larionov:
    Any special progress we have, we worked last season, in principle, at maximum, and any further growth is not seen. It gradually evolved and came to this. I thought to myself that it would be better.
    http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20140401/740161964.html

vCash
    I am sad to hear this news. I always had a soft spot for Vera and Yuri. I know they had a lot
    of technical issues and this split is probably for the best, but I still liked their skating. So many
    skaters splitting up and retiring, makes me a little misty eyed.

Best of luck to them both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
    I was sure this was an April fool's thread...
    So was I. I didn't even bother opening it initially.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast