Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

vCash

Ilinyh/Zhiganshin, Sinitsina/Katsalapov, Zabijako/Larionov, Bazarova/Deputat

Updates on the Russian pairs/ice dancers from Elena Vaytsekhovskaya in sport-express.ru
    The Estonian team Natalia Zabijako/Alexandr Zaboev, who were 10th in the Europeans 2014 split. the decision was voiced by Zaboev on his facebook page where he wrote his partner's decision came a surprise. The new partner of the 19y.o. Zabijako is the Russian 28y.o Larionov, who skated for years with Vera Bazarova and medaled 3 times in the europeans.
    They will be coached in Moscow by Mozer. They will be able to compete internationally in a year from now after Zabijako sits out a season.

According to Sport-express information Bazarova should continue her skating career as well. She already has an agreement with a new coach and a new partner, it should be ok-ed by the federation next week.

Another change is in the ice dance: starting tomorrow Elena Ilinyh, who skated up till now with Nikita Katsalapov will be training with Ruslan Zhiganshin. They plan working in Moscow in Kustarova/Alexeeva group.

As for Ilinyh's ex partner Katsalapov who wants to skate with Sinitsyna - all will depend on how fast they can do the paper work. Nikolai Morozov who is to coach them is wrapping up his work in Russia and is moving to Hackensack.

vCash
    Let me say it:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Let me say it:
    I second TAHbKA. And

vCash
    I'm just so shocked that this is really happening. I knew about the rumors, but I never thought they would really go through with it. I think, the big winner in this situation will be Zhiganshin, who gets one of the best female ice dancer in the world as a new partner.

The realtionship between Nikita and Elena must have been really strained if the Russian Federation was ready to go with this split.

vCash
    All I can say is wow!

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    The big winners are Bobrova & Soloviev, who get a chance to regroup after a disastrous season, while the two teams who are most competitive with them self-destructed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marta24 View Post
    I'm just so shocked that this is really happening. I knew about the rumors, but I never thought they would really go through with it. I think, the big winner in this situation will be Zhiganshin, who gets one of the best female ice dancer in the world as a new partner.
    Am curious to see Ilinyh and her mom getting along with Kustarova/Alexeeva. Am also curious to see what Ilinyh's costumes will look like (recalling Bobrova's horrors... )

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Oh the lost potential greatness of I/K...gone...
    And another cringeworthy catastrophe is sooo going to happen.
    Kustarova will absolutely **** up I/Z, why don't they go to Igor or Krylova or even Linichuk for God's sake?!
    I wonder who Bazarova's new partner will be. They sure found one fast.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Thanks for the update TAHbKA.

I know there have been even more high profile partner breakups in the past (most notably Rodnina & Ulanov), but has there ever been this many high profile partner switches/breakups in one season?

vCash
    I can't see both ice dance teams surviving (and thriving). One of them will explode.

I wonder who Vera will be skating with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Am curious to see Ilinyh and her mom getting along with Kustarova/Alexeeva. Am also curious to see what Ilinyh's costumes will look like (recalling Bobrova's horrors... )
    Well, I have the little hope that they learned their lesson with Bobrova and won't put Elena in those monstrosities that Bobrova had to wear. Who knows, maybe this situation will be better for Elena. She doesn't have to deal anymore with Morozov (thank god, but poor Victoria, though ) and maybe Ruslan fits her better character-wise.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    This also means Leonova is now coachless as she said she wasn't moving to the US. I wonder if Vasiliev is splitting up Gerboldt and Enbert, especially if her injury is still a problem. I love the Russians.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    ....the Russians sure do not do things by halves. Am about I/K. Excuse while I rummage for a large whiskey to calm my nerves.
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." Oscar Wilde

vCash
    I'm just stunned. Really thought the relationship between Elena and Nikita was improving, and I wish it was Morosov whot got ditched.

Elena gets the better end of the deal here.

vCash
    It's so sad, I loved Zabjiko/Zakroev. And I don't get it. If Larionov has one year to loose, why not use this year to fix Vera's jump?

And for I/K split I'd rather not even think about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    The big winners are Bobrova & Soloviev, who get a chance to regroup after a disastrous season, while the two teams who are most competitive with them self-destructed.
    , B/S will win Worlds !

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    This is all completely fecked up.

I can't even begin to think about the I/K split (they were to be legends in my book) and the fact that we're gonna see Oily oiling himself all over Victoria next season.

Also, all the exciting "up'n'comer" pairs from Euros are splitting too. First Davidovich/Krasnapolski, now Zabijako/Zaboev. Zabijako was the one that was actually Estonian in this pairing and now they're going to skate for Russia? What a shame, especially since Estonia qualified two spots for Europeans.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    This also means Leonova is now coachless as she said she wasn't moving to the US.
    She said she wouldn't move to the US to train for the whole summer, let alone permanently.

What a reversal: Estonia wouldn't give Zaboev a passport, and now they lose their Pairs woman to Russia. If one of her parents is an Estonian citizen, ie, she didn't apply at 15 or older, then she won't have to give up her Estonian (EU) passport.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Today is April 6th here.

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast