Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Universally Panned Programs

What are some programs that were universally panned by the majority of folks? Admittedly every program has at least one fan but which programs were poorly received by most? I don't mean which programs you didn't like but which programs most people hated.

Fumie Suguri's 2006 long program is the first that comes to mind.
    The Duchesnay's West Side Story was panned by most, even the ice dancers themselves. Any others?

vCash
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    The first two that came to mind for me were Belbin & Agosto's "That's Entertainment" free dance (which was dropped early in the season they used it) and Ilinykh & Katsalapov's "Ghost" free dance, in addition to Domnina & Shabalin's Aboriginal OD.

vCash
    The Duchesnay's West Side Story was panned by most, even the ice dancers themselves. Any others?
    Didn't D/D like West Side Story?

This.

And I think many people didn't like Kwan's Bolero.
    Last edited by coraczek; 06-02-2014 at 04:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RFOS View Post
    The first two that came to mind for me were Belbin & Agosto's "That's Entertainment" free dance (which was dropped early in the season they used it) and Ilinykh & Katsalapov's "Ghost" free dance, in addition to Domnina & Shabalin's Aboriginal OD.
    My 2 fave skaters had a program I think most people could do without seeing; Surya's "gypsy" performance for '94-'95 season and Plushy's "Once Upon A Time" LP in '01, even though he won every event with it except Japan Int'l against Yagudin's "Gladiator!"

vCash
    Kwan's "Miraculous Mandarin" of 2001. (I personally thought it was pretty interesting.)

vCash
    Gracie Gold's Gershwin SP from this past season.

I am one of the few people who liked Mao Asada's 2010 SP and LP (Masquerade Waltz and Bells of Moscow.)

vCash
    Best of Plushenko. I still don't know what they were thinking with that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valyrian View Post
    Best of Plushenko. I still don't know what they were thinking with that.
    Maybe that was the problem; they weren't thinking! "Let's just go with a pile of past drek and they'll remember how great you were and award you gold Evgeny!" lol!

vCash
    MK's Bolero at Nationals and World. Kind of sad to have that program be her last public competitive LP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jiejie View Post
    Kwan's "Miraculous Mandarin" of 2001. (I personally thought it was pretty interesting.)
    Actually many fans, including myself, liked it. However, even the biggest ubers were lukewarm at best towards her Bolero. I absolutely hated it.

vCash
    Asada's Bells of Moscow program actually grew on me, although I would've preferred a different orchestration that wasn't so heavy.

Speaking of heavy, this program was universally planned (especially after his masterpiece short):

Petr Barna 1992 FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkod9sJXp5s

Maria Butyrskaya 2002 FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8-D3NQfDmk (would've loved to see her do a tango instead of this ear-bleeding music).

I assume the original poster meant Suguri's Olympic season FS, which was Lori Nichol's worst job (although I blame the fact there was element overload). I liked Suguri's "fairy" FS from the fall of 2006.

Angela Nikodinov's "Mummy" program: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXKJLvxt5nI (I believe this was the infamous "refridgerator break").

And of course, these gems from Laetitia Hubert:

1999 hooker on crack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avdiE1QJiFw (complete with trip and crotch shot)

2001 native american program: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SHsxx0GE-I (the music is so low I actually thought my audio was disabled)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    MK's Bolero at Nationals and World. Kind of sad to have that program be her last public competitive LP.
    That gold costume was terribly unflattering on her too. Everything about that program was a misfire. Although since Christopher Dean wanted to disassociate himself from it, maybe it was a better program before she stripped it.

vCash
    If threads could have cover photos, this would be it. Nice call. How did I forget that monstrosity?

vCash
    Didn't B/K have some badly-panned program to Harry Connick Jr. music? Am I imagining it? It's not on YouTube so maybe it was a bad dream.

vCash
    If we can consider exhibitions too, then Yagudin's "One Banana" is one of the most tragic things I've ever seen on the ice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fenway2 View Post
    That gold costume was terribly unflattering on her too. Everything about that program was a misfire. Although since Christopher Dean wanted to disassociate himself from it, maybe it was a better program before she stripped it.
    I thought the costume was beautiful, she had just gotten less and less thin starting from 2004

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RFOS View Post
    The first two that came to mind for me were Belbin & Agosto's "That's Entertainment" free dance (which was dropped early in the season they used it)
    I think I was the one fan of that one.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iarispiralllyof View Post
    I thought the costume was beautiful, she had just gotten less and less thin starting from 2004
    Maybe we are talking about two different costumes. This is the hideous one. Headache-inducing patterns, horrible color for her, unflattering cut and heavy, bulky material fit for a 100 year old great grandmother. http://usfsa.org/content/events/2004...armsraised.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I think I was the one fan of that one.
    I haven't watched it except for the one time (maybe I will later if I have time), but don't remember thinking it was really that bad, but it really did seem like almost everyone, even some very big B&A fans, hated it from the first time enough that they thought it wouldn't work and would be dumped. And they must have either felt that way themselves and/or gotten the message from others, since they did dump it very quickly after its competitive debut.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast