Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Thanks. Well it does seem like they are overall the youngest against with only the Canadian kids coming close. What are the overall ages of the 2 new russian teams should they pan out to be anything.
    Hubbell/Donohue are also young-He turned 22 in January, she in Feb. It is exciting that many of the up and coming teams will be around for a while!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplayer2 View Post
    Hubbell/Donohue are also young-He turned 22 in January, she in Feb. It is exciting that many of the up and coming teams will be around for a while!!
    Hubbell/Donohue both turned 23 in January & February:

http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00013466.htm

But yes, many of these ice dance teams coming up are still young! Sometimes it seems like they are older because we've seen some of them competing since they were teens!

vCash
    Alex tweeted earlier today
    Awesome first day back on the ice in Canton. Very excited about what we're working on!
    Can't wait to see what they have in store!

vCash
    I hope it's not the same excitement that they had for the Michael Jackson FD.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    The Shibutanis easily have the potential to be the best dance team ever. They could potentially win the next 2 Olympic golds.

vCash
    Am I the only one that thinks a Cirque Du Soleil program would fit the Shibs wonderfully? Got to thinking about this the other day?

vCash
    I think they would have a lot of fun with a program like that!

vCash
    The Shibs will proably be the the team to beat in the 2019-2022 quad. This quad will probably be more led by Weaver & Poje, Capellini & Lanotte, and Bobrova & Soloviev though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joubertelegant View Post
    This quad will probably be more led by Weaver & Poje, Capellini & Lanotte, and Bobrova & Soloviev though.
    Ugh... what a depressing prospect that is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joubertelegant View Post
    The Shibs will proably be the the team to beat in the 2019-2022 quad.
    That sure is a long time to stick around waiting...

vCash
    With this past year's Japan SOI, Olympics and Worlds and another year older, I think that we can expect to see amazing progress taken to the next level with even more confidence and strength in competitions in the next year and beyond. They already have the exactness and precision and all of it combined with fresh choreography will make for a winning team. They are truly All-AMerican sweethearts.

vCash
    The Shibs need to overtake Chock & Bates and fast if they are to ever win another world medal. Judges wont ever allow more than 2 NA teams on the podium again, and they might be reluctant to let more than 1 in the coming years after 6 years of frusterating NA monopoly on top. Weaver & Poje are obviously NA #1, so Shibs needs to atleast become U.S #1 and try and even then tackle NA #1. They are losing ground to C&B all the time it seems, so if they dont make a move on them soon, they will probably never be U.S #1.

vCash
    And the rising Canadian dance teams of Gilles/Poirier and Paul/Islam are also beginning to close in on The Shibs. With 2 more NA teams entering the Top 10 at this year's Worlds, it will be interesting to see how that effects the placements next year. G&P almost beat The Shibs in the FD at Worlds, and if P&I can continue improving their consistency, they might have a shot at rivaling The Shibs too.

vCash
    Yes I see it more likely the Shibs continue to drop backwards more than anything. Although if C&L split they will be the 3rd highest placed team from worlds last year left, but that doesnt consider Bobrova & Soloviev who would be heavily favored over them.

vCash
    I like the Shibs, eventhough they haven't been in their best. Somehow I have the feeling they are undermarked. I hope their programs next season will be great!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Shibs are at Fenway and tweeted about it. Here's a photo of the two wearing seven Boston World Series rings:
    https://twitter.com/AlexShibutani/st...82848711749632
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Here's a handy link to keep up with the ShibSibs' latest forays in social media: http://maiaandalex.com/social-media/

They will be going back to Japan for "The Ice" shows next week. Link to the event thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...a-(July-19-27)
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    If they keep losing to Chock & Bates this season I think I will cry. Not only do I love the Shibs, but C&B just are so zzzzzz in everyway for me, although I recognize they are a quality technical team (although the Shibs also are).

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I know they're attached to school and Michigan, but IMO, they should head to Montreal with Dubreuil, Lauzon, and Haguenauer, who helped to create many great programs for Delobel/Schoenfelder, who, like P/B, were never poster children for sexual tension.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun Y View Post
    I am going to sound like a broken record, but I seriously believe Shibutanis should try out choreography by Platov. Considering that Platov has zero clout in US though (as far as I can tell), I'm not holding my breath ...
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    I would like to see the Shibs with Platov..he has done good choreo for both the Reeds and of course for the Kerrs. He understands how to do choreo for sibling teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    ^^ Interesting. Where does Platov train his skaters?
    Mainly in New Jersey - Mount Laurel, I believe?

The Shibs are in Japan right now:
    Here's a handy link to keep up with the ShibSibs' latest forays in social media: http://maiaandalex.com/social-media/

They will be going back to Japan for "The Ice" shows next week. Link to the event thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...a-(July-19-27)
    ETA: Maia turned 20 on July 20: http://instagram.com/p/qrAMdBS7ql/
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-23-2014 at 05:17 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast