Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

vCash
    New photo posted on Aljona Savchenko & Bruno Massot Fanpage on Facebook:
    "Normal twist is already to easy for us. We want more action !!!!"
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    New photo posted on Aljona Savchenko & Bruno Massot Fanpage on Facebook:
    "Normal twist is already to easy for us. We want more action !!!!"
    Just WOW! Soon Aliona will fly away into the stratosphere

vCash
    The potential for a quad twist is obviously there. It does not necessarily give you that much more points than a well-executed triple twist. You know Aliona will want to try them anyhow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    The potential for a quad twist is obviously there. It does not necessarily give you that much more points than a well-executed triple twist. You know Aliona will want to try them anyhow.
    Maybe not. There are now at least three pairs (two Chinese pairs and Russians Antipova-Maisuradze) who can do it and have done it occasionally this last season in a competition. It seems to me that Aliona wants something that no one currently has; that's why they went for the thrown triple axel. I could imagine them working on thrown quads though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Xela M View Post
    Just WOW! Soon Aliona will fly away into the stratosphere
    Just because there's a picture doesn't make it "real" This has all the look of a photoshop to get attention (and it worked)

YEAH!
    vCash
    I wonder too. Taking a sip from his water bottle while she's in the air seems rather reckless.

vCash
    It's photoshop, but still a cool picture and doesn't take away from their huge twist

vCash

vCash
    It says in the article that JF Ballester is leaving Caen to coach in Switzerland (La Chaux-de-fond). The pair training center in Caen is basically disapearing. Who knows? He may take some of his students there. Noah Scherer for example?
    The irony is that France may not even have a pair center left, but may have 2 of the strongest pairs France has ever seen. James-Cipres train in Paris but Bercy is going through uncertain times.

The elections for the president of the French Fed are heating up. Gwendal had a press conference to introduce his team and is adding a lot of well-known skaters to his supporting base. The elections will be on June 20-21 at Eurodisney (this is not a joke)
    Didier has not officially said he was running. He may not run if he knows he is going to lose. Le Gougne is also running (this is not a joke).

vCash
    Surprising that they're going for quad loop instead of quad flip
    Quad flip + triple axel throws would be insane!

vCash
    I love this new pairing, but I think going for two such hard throws without Aliona having *never* landed the throw 3axel in competition is a bad idea. My opinion: concentrate on ONE such hard throw, but not both, and master that one in competition.

GOOD LUCK!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    I love this new pairing, but I think going for two such hard throws without Aliona having *never* landed the throw 3axel in competition is a bad idea. My opinion: concentrate on ONE such hard throw, but not both, and master that one in competition.

GOOD LUCK!
    She landed the 3A a few times with a two foot - and even then it's a huge point getter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    quad loop? i cannot recall any competition with robin aliona did a triple loop

vCash
    None of the articles say they are working or want to land the throw 3A, it's all about never-before-done-quads.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    quad loop? i cannot recall any competition with robin aliona did a triple loop
    My French is a bit rusty, but both articles are focusing on the doing something that's never been done before, making the history books. Since the throw quad salchow has been landed in competition, and I think a chinese pair has landed a throw 4T (I think in Juniors but can't recall), if they want to be "the first" they'd have to try quad loop or higher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    I think a chinese pair has landed a throw 4T (I think in Juniors but can't recall), if they want to be "the first" they'd have to try quad loop or higher.
    If I recall correctly, Yang Ding and Zhonfei Ren in the early 2000's. They were the first team coached by Luan Bo Internationally. Tiny girl..they did 4Tw as well, I think.

vCash
    Yes, Ding/Ren had a th4toe (although mainly two-footed).

vCash
    S/S practiced a quad flip at one point, but decided in favor of 3A. I wonder how a quad loop can possibly make sense...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasdedeux View Post
    S/S practiced a quad flip at one point, but decided in favor of 3A. I wonder how a quad loop can possibly make sense...
    Savchenko's 3 flip was so huge I'm sure she can land a quad if they tried hard enough, IMHO the throw 3A is an ugly throw. Several teams have landed the quad sal so I can see why they would want to be different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    Savchenko's 3 flip was so huge I'm sure she can land a quad if they tried hard enough, IMHO the throw 3A is an ugly throw. Several teams have landed the quad sal so I can see why they would want to be different.
    I love the axel as a throw! I generally think the edge jumps lend themselves to throw jumps better than the toe pick jumps. Throw toe-loop always looks awkward to me, and most couples attempting quad flip/lutz also make it look awkward - S&S's flip was a thing of beauty and that was all about their technique.

I have no doubt that Savchenko could easily rotate a quad flip, but the thing she'd struggle to do (which was always the problem on the 3A too) was the strength required to stop the rotation - that's the main problem with the difficult throws, and why the gorilla/flea pairs have no problem doing quad twist lifts, because the catch assists in stopping the rotation - something the slighter female partners would struggle to do on their own.

vCash
    Video interview with Aljona Savchenko and Bruno Massot in German and French (written English translation provided) on our homepage www.figureskating-online.com: http://www.figureskating-online.com/...ko-massot.html

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast