Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    The article in the "Sächsische Zeitung" which comes from German news agency dpa is a bit less dramatic than "Bild " who probably used the dpa piece to make their own story. It does however also mention that she wants ro continue, that the Art On Ice contracts are not binding and also mentions in a subtle way that Ingo and Aljona are also an off-ice couple (which is no secret but usually not mentioned in the German press). The article also says that Ingo has given "them" four weeks to decide. Not sure "them" means Aljona and Bruno or Aljona and Robin here: Maybe they kind of want Robin to continue. Which is pretty wild considering he is 34.
    The article also states that Ingo definitely wants to work with an international team (whose fees he needs as the German state will never pay him) and assistants, building a real skate school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sus2850 View Post
    The article also states that Ingo definitely wants to work with an international team (whose fees he needs as the German state will never pay him) and assistants, building a real skate school.
    Makes sense to move to France if he's also going to be coaching Amodio as was suggested last week.

vCash
    I see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra_persch View Post
    I have my doubts that she will be able to get a french passport in a little over 3 years.
    Marina Anissina got it quite quickly though not quickly enough to go to Lillehammer. But I'm pretty sure she had it by 1995 Euros. As Morel & Peizerat splitted just before 1993 Euros (they went to French Nationals 1993 & Lalique Trophy 1992 ; if somebody have a footage from the latter FD event, please share it somewhere this was a nice competition) it's around two years at most.

vCash
    Well, There where whispers about this,

I DID kinda have the feeling that went out the window with his idiotic fall in the FS here

Anyways, Happy for both, And yes, Attractive couple,

I just hope Bruno understands that this is a pairing made to have a go at the Olympic 2018 title,

And nothing further.
    Last edited by Eladola; 03-30-2014 at 12:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nours View Post
    Marina Anissina got it quite quickly though not quickly enough to go to Lillehammer. But I'm pretty sure she had it by 1995 Euros. As Morel & Peizerat splitted just before 1993 Euros (they went to French Nationals 1993 & Lalique Trophy 1992 ; if somebody have a footage from the latter FD event, please share it somewhere this was a nice competition) it's around two years at most.
    It is now much harder to get a French passport.
    Skaters no longer get any priority, as was the case for Vanessa James and Marina Anissina. The French Fed no longer has connections with the ministry, so the skaters have to go through the normal channels.

You need to be resident in France for at least 5 years, speak A2 level French and the killer, have sufficient resources in your own right.
    The paperwork required is excessive, and must all be translated into French by an ministry approved translator, which doesn't come cheap.
    Further, the application will be rejected for the slightest irregularity.

vCash
    Then it would be easier for him to switch, isn't it 2 years residency needed in Germany? I really think it is easier for him as he not previously changed nationality while she already did. I would understand the French if they said no to that. Bruno also could keep his French passport as Germany allows dual citizenship within the EU.

But I am still not convinced that they really go that far. Aljona might realize that there will be no olympic gold possible.

vCash
    I´m also happy to get as much as Savchenko as possible, while she wants to skate (although another four years, trying for another Oly gold chance, seems too much even for her), but I´ll always miss Szolkowy (and his amazing, in all colours, pants ) whoever she skates with.
    Zorry my english, I´m a verrrrrry rude spaÑish

vCash
    Bruno Massot posted on his facebook that he took a while to consider which way to go but that it was such a great opportunity, so he decided to go for it. It is a very nice and lengthy message.

Meanwhile "Sueddeutsch Zeitung" writes that Robin is angry and has cancelled three galas (not saying which ones).

vCash
    More news: http://www.fr-online.de/sport/savche...,asTicker.html

- There has been some drama behind the scenes, Robin and Aliona were invited to do some shows in Japan, but Robin declined. He wants to go home with his girlfriend. Aliona doesn’t understand Robin. They could earn 45000 dollar in 3 days. But Robin has enough of all the backstage drama.

-Aliona and Ingo wanted to announce the new partnership at the end of April (I guess after the Imagine on ice show, Aliona and Robin’s own show in Chemnitz ). But Robin’s girlfriend apparently told Daria Popova the news and Aliona and Ingo now blame Robin for not keeping his mouth shut. Robin doesn’t agree, but he doesn’t want to say anything, because that can only make things worse.

- Aliona has other options, if things with Massot won’t work out. She has offers from different russian men.

- Steuer wants to start an international team in Chemnitz, which might include Florent Amodio.

I really hope Aliona and Robin can work things out

vCash
    If this article is correct, then I think Robin is wrong, if it's really that much money to do the shows over a few weeks, he should stay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    If this article is correct, then I think Robin is wrong, if it's really that much money to do the shows over a few weeks, he should stay.
    It also seems on the surface very one sided, like it was fed by a pro-Ingo&Aliona source without any input giving robin's side of it. They are the ones staying in, and if he's being dumped he doesn't even have the option of an easy pro career, so it would make sense that they are being very proactive with the media.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    It also seems on the surface very one sided, like it was fed by a pro-Ingo&Aliona source without any input giving robin's side of it. They are the ones staying in, and if he's being dumped he doesn't even have the option of an easy pro career, so it would make sense that they are being very proactive with the media.
    That goes both ways though. People may blame Aliona that her 'selfishness' to stay on competitive circuit is depriving Robin of easy professional career (shows etc), but what about Robin's 'selfishness' of depriving Aliona of future medals? The fact is, they skated together, but each of them have their own right to quit or continue as they wish to. So If Aliona wants to continue and he wants to quit, each of them will have to fond another partner. Aliona will need one for competing, and Robin will need one for 'easy pro career', unless he wants to skate in shows on his own. (Gordeeva has managed it, so it is possible, or he can take part at show where he doesn't need a professional partner, e.g. all those shows where they pair a skater with a celebrity).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    That goes both ways though. People may blame Aliona that her 'selfishness' to stay on competitive circuit is depriving Robin of easy professional career (shows etc), but what about Robin's 'selfishness' of depriving Aliona of future medals?
    Maybe they're both selfish, considering they are depriving us of seeing them skate together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedwitch View Post
    Maybe they're both selfish, considering they are depriving us of seeing them skate together.

"If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    That goes both ways though. People may blame Aliona that her 'selfishness' to stay on competitive circuit is depriving Robin of easy professional career (shows etc), but what about Robin's 'selfishness' of depriving Aliona of future medals?
    Yes, but afaict those views weren't expressed in the article, hence my hunch that it's sources came from her side.

vCash
    So, no more hope of seeing Aliona and Robin together even in shows? I hope they will still manage to not hate each other after the wonderful career they had together.

I'm so disappointed that I will be irrational and blame Bruno Massot. And I know Savchenko had no choice, but I seriously doubt that she will be as successful with Massot

vCash
    Wouldn't skating in shows with robin come down to a matter of safety for Alina? If she's serious about training with massot, they'll need to work on timing of lifts, throws etc. to revert back to the timing she has with robin could potentially throw her off?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyinna View Post
    So, no more hope of seeing Aliona and Robin together even in shows? I hope they will still manage to not hate each other after the wonderful career they had together.

I'm so disappointed that I will be irrational and blame Bruno Massot. And I know Savchenko had no choice, but I seriously doubt that she will be as successful with Massot
    I don't feel anything bad neither towards Aliona, nor towards Massot. It is easy: Aliona wants another medal. She feels she can achieve more. Who are we to dictate to her when she should retire? How would we like if someone was dictating to us what to do with our life? And Massot - also pretty simple. He wanted to go to the Olympics. He couldn't get there with his current partner. He did not feel the partnership is leading anywhere. Why should he stick with her? Would we remain in a job which doesn't lead anywhere if we have an opportunity to change the job for some which has better chance to succeed? Or to make us more happy? I don't feel anything negative to Robin either. He is doing what he feels is best for him. I would rather him to retire than skating because of the audience and hating it. Besides, to be honest, Aliona and Robin has always been very innovative, but last two years I felt that they are getting a bit stale. I felt like it is constantly the same. Maybe Massot will bring something new. Maybe some new elements or new transitions...

vCash
    I have to agree with hanca. It's unfortunate the situation is leading to negative feelings on anyone's side. However, each party must do what he/she feels is best. If Robin doesn't want to continue, he shouldn't be mad at Aliona for teaming up with another partner. It's his choice to retire, but he can't demand she do the same. But also, if Robin wants to retire now and not skate any shows, Aliona must accept this. Again, it's his choice. She can't expect him to be available to her for moneymaking opportunities when she's decided to take on another partner. I don't think you can have two partners at a time, one for shows and one for competitions. :-)

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast