Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    Didn't take her long to find a new partner.

Perhaps it was in the works for a while.
    Perhaps?

vCash
    I may sound like a Bruno-uber, but I see a lot of untapped potential there.
    He was coached by Jean-Francois Ballester since the beginning. Ballester admitted that he only got serious pair coaching mentorship from Richard Gauthier 7 years ago. He built a pair center from scratch and had up to 6 pairs at some point in Caen. He is the first one to admit that he needed to send Popova-Massot to pairs expert to improve. Bruno did not work that long with Ingo but made huge improvements in Chemnitz. The French Fed treats Caen like crap and only invested in James-Cipres. Popova/Massot were struggling to find financing and could not afford Ingo this year. The French Fed usually puts all its eggs in 1 basket. It would be funny to see two very competitive French pairs.

A lot of French male skaters are late bloomers because Bruno did not put the same hours of work that the Russians or Germans did in their younger years. The lack of pair tradition/funding and the school system have a lot to do with it. Bruno is a very strong athlete and Aliona's dad is going to push him even more. If Bruno puts up the hours with Ingo in the next 4 years, he is going to improve a lot.

Ballester worked with Karine Aribert for choreography. Her students Blanc/Bouquet were the definition of voidiness and pushing the limits artistically. If Aliona gets to meet Aribert some day, watch out for crazy costumes and choreography.

vCash
    I guess Massot wont be coached by Ballester anymore. I wonder if that will be hard for him too, to see him student since he was a boy with someone else. It would be like Paul Poirier leaving the Lanes.

vCash
    I can't see her making it to another Olympics or this new teaming lasting that long. She'll be 34 come the next Olympics. Even her body can take only so much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    I can't see her making it to another Olympics or this new teaming lasting that long. She'll be 34 come the next Olympics. Even her body can take only so much.
    Nonsense! Haven't you been listening? Everything is going to be higher, faster, stronger now that she doesn't have to drag that sack of wet garbage around the rink. She's going to do incredible things never before seen by human eyes! Oh yeah, and there will be some guy there with her too.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Thank you kirkbiggestfan, great info. What do you mean about Aljona's dad? I wasn't aware he was involved in her career.

vCash
    ^
    I think Aliona's father was involved as a physical fitness coach now and then. I could be wrong though.

vCash
    Well if it doesn't work out with Bruno, there's now an opening for the balletic Andrew Speroff as a potential partner: http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/team/speroff_donlan

Now that Rockne Brubaker has unofficially retired, my hopes lie with Andrew.

Onward & Upward!

vCash
    Aliona would never pick Andrew. He cant land jumps and isnt physically or mentally strong.

vCash
    I know when pigs fly, but I have HOPE!

And I beg to differ, poirierpaul, Andrew Speroff *can* land jumps and is both physically & mentally strong. Also, on an ironic note his initials perfectly match Aliona Savchenko ~ A&S times two!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I've long felt that Szolkowy was a beautiful and elegant skater who offset Savchenko perfectly. He had lovely lines and extension and made smooth transitions between movements. She also wasn't throwing herself in that magnificent throw.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Sabre-rattler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunstrijdster View Post
    ^
    I think Aliona's father was involved as a physical fitness coach now and then. I could be wrong though.
    In this video you can see him helping with their training (glimpses at 1:20, 2:16 and 4:18, but he is talked about at 2:55):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGI2-3B3kAA

The film states that Aljona's father, Valentin, is a former weightlifter and that he helped them with that aspect of their training when visiting in Chemnitz.
    Like a leaf on the wind

vCash
    I think an added bonus of this team pairing up is that their initials are S&M.

I'm sure I'll be snickering the first when I see that posted in a PBP thread.
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasdedeux View Post
    Hi there, thank you for posting this, I´ll give it a try....although I will concentrate on the news from this vid:

The partnership from Ingo, Aliona and Robin has come to an end. First of all, they talked about their time in Sochi and the worlds, there was almost no time to gather their thoughts. Than the reporter gave kind of a review about their time and their achievements together and described their relationship as partnership but not friendship. He talked about their different characters (Ingo - always "charged up"; Aliona - like a volcano; Robin - the stoic kind of person, often the buffer).

Then Ingo talked about the latest pressure points: "Unfortunately their were persons, who have tried to wriggle into that team, and that´s why some disagreements have leaked through to the public. But we know how to handle this.(..)" The reporter stated, that there were discrepancies between Aliona and Robins fiancé Romy, which became an endurance test for the team. Aliona blamed Romy for announcing her new partnership with Massot in public against the team arrangements.
    "It´s unfortunate how this came out", Aliona stated. "There are obviously people who try to destroy that, and that´s a shame, because I like Robin, he grew very dearly to me. I don´t want to split up like this (that we can´t even say "hello" to each other). Robin says that they have had situations like that (that someone feels offended) every day. No reason to accuse each other.
    The reporter talked about Massot, just gives away the basic information who he is....Being asked, Aliona talked about her big aim to carry on with Bruno Massot. She also stated, that she has to do it now, she can´t wait, otherwise she´ll get to old.
    If they´ll start for Germany or France is dependent on who is going to pay Ingo. Alfons Hörmann said, that they should do one´s utmost to solve this problem. There hasn´t been the right time yet, because it was unclear what´s next for Aliona. He thinks that now is the time to conduct a conversation with the fed.
    Ingo said about this, that it is kind of irrelevant for him, for he has already coached pairs for different Nations, but of course his heart is still dedicated to Germany a little more.

The pair S/S will have one last appearance, on their final show in Chemnitz.

Please correct me if I´m wrong (as it goes for the translation and the following opinion):
    But for me, it seems like Robin isn´t angry about Aliona wants to skate with Massot. It seems like the problem was Romy´s role in the team.
    Last edited by Irish-Angel; 04-07-2014 at 03:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish-Angel View Post
    Hi there, thank you for posting this, I´ll give it a try....although I will concentrate on the news from this vid:

The partnership from Ingo, Aliona and Robin has come to an end. First of all, they talked about their time in Sochi and the worlds, there was almost no time to gather their thoughts. Than the reporter gave kind of a review about their time and their achievements together and described their relationship as partnership but not friendship. He talked about their different characters (Ingo - always "charged up"; Aliona - like a volcano; Robin - the stoic kind of person, often the buffer).

Then Ingo talked about the latest pressure points: "Unfortunately their were persons, who have tried to wriggle into that team, and that´s why some disagreements have leaked through to the public. But we know how to handle this.(..)" The reporter stated, that there were discrepancies between Aliona and Robins fiancé Romy, which became an endurance test for the team. Aliona blamed Romy for announcing her new partnership with Massot in public against the team arrangements.
    "It´s unfortunate how this came out", Aliona stated. "There are obviously people who try to destroy that, and that´s a shame, because I like Robin, he grew very dearly to me. I don´t want to split up like this (that we can´t even say "hello" to each other). Robin says that they have had situations like that (that someone feels offended) every day. No reason to accuse each other.
    The reporter talked about Massot, just gives away the basic information who he is....Being asked, Aliona talked about her big aim to carry on with Bruno Massot. She also stated, that she has to do it now, she can´t wait, otherwise she´ll get to old.
    If they´ll start for Germany or France is dependent on who is going to pay Ingo. Alfons Hörmann said, that they should do one´s utmost to solve this problem. There hasn´t been the right time yet, because it was unclear what´s next for Aliona. He thinks that now is the time to conduct a conversation with the fed.
    Ingo said about this, that it is kind of irrelevant for him, for he has already coached pairs for different Nations, but of course his heart is still dedicated to Germany a little more.

The pair S/S will have one last appearance, on their final show in Chemnitz.

Please correct me if I´m wrong (as it goes for the translation and the following opinion):
    But for me, it seems like Robin isn´t angry about Aliona wants to skate with Massot. It seems like the problem was Romy´s role in the team.
    Thanks a lot, Irish Angel, for taking the trouble with this long post. It is a pity to hear that all does not end well, and even more pity that it seems to have been a constant state of affairs for them. Whoever is to blame, I hope Robin's relationship with his fiancee is not affected.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasdedeux View Post
    Thanks a lot, Irish Angel, for taking the trouble with this long post. It is a pity to hear that all does not end well, and even more pity that it seems to have been a constant state of affairs for them. Whoever is to blame, I hope Robin's relationship with his fiancee is not affected.
    You´re welcome do you refer to that line? Robin says that they have had situations like that (that someone feels offended) every day. No reason to accuse each other.
    Well maybe that came out a little strong in my translation (Robin is toying around with some german common phrases here, which was a nightmare to translate ) I think, that what he wanted to say was more like (just my gut feeling from how he has said it): "We´ve been through trouble like that in all different kinds of manifestations, it almost happened every day....No reason to react like this."
    Bottom line feeling from this interview: of course they were interviewed separately, but that was kind of a necessary thing here. For me there were also some sparks of hope: with all 3 of them climbing in that boat, that might be a hint to another german common phrase: "sitting in one boat" means in Germany so much like "You have to work together to reach your common destination." So much for german lessons

I had the strong feeling that this isn´t about their relationship (Ingo - Aliona- Robin) in general this time. More like Ingo and Aliona don´t get along with Romy, and this puts Robin in the role of her defender. Maybe if he get her out of the line of fire, things will calm down. At least I hope so....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish-Angel View Post
    You´re welcome do you refer to that line? Robin says that they have had situations like that (that someone feels offended) every day. No reason to accuse each other.
    Well maybe that came out a little strong in my translation (Robin is toying around with some german common phrases here, which was a nightmare to translate ) I think, that what he wanted to say was more like (just my gut feeling from how he has said it): "We´ve been through trouble like that in all different kinds of manifestations, it almost happened every day....No reason to react like this."
    Bottom line feeling from this interview: of course they were interviewed separately, but that was kind of a necessary thing here. For me there were also some sparks of hope: with all 3 of them climbing in that boat, that might be a hint to another german common phrase: "sitting in one boat" means in Germany so much like "You have to work together to reach your common destination." So much for german lessons

I had the strong feeling that this isn´t about their relationship (Ingo - Aliona- Robin) in general this time. More like Ingo and Aliona don´t get along with Romy, and this puts Robin in the role of her defender. Maybe if he get her out of the line of fire, things will calm down. At least I hope so....
    No problem, again, thanks for the trouble. Poor Robin, no wonder he forgets his spins...

vCash
    I watched the video and both Steuer and Aliona very heavily implied that Robins girlfriend was a problem and that she tried to come in between Robin and Aliona. They are definitely blaming her. I love Steuer and Aliona - what a dream team! They should ditch Bruno and skate together

vCash
    I have a huge respect for Robin Szolkowy. Aliona Savchenko is one of the greatest pair skaters ever, but so is Robin. Dealing with hers and their coaches on/off -relationship must have been hard. Despite that, he could, most of the times, create a really good chemistry with his partner.

Aliona is a star, but Robin is a star also. All the best to both of them, and check Jeschke´s great threat about their SP´s in the Trash Can.

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast