Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

vCash

Confirmed as a new pair: Aliona Savchenko and Bruno Massot

BILD (German article) was the first to confirm the new partnership of Aliona Savchenko and Bruno Massot of France: http://www.bild.de/sport/wintersport...2096.bild.html
    Aljona zu BILD: „Ich will Olympia-Gold 2018, und das werde ich mit Bruno schaffen. Ich bin sehr glücklich, dass ich ihn als Partner gewinnen konnte!“
    Steuer: „Weil einer von beiden die Nation wechselt, sind sie eh ein Jahr gesperrt. Wir werden in Ruhe entscheiden, für welches Land sie dann laufen.“
    ETA Google translation of Steuer's statement: "Because of a change of both the nation, they are always one years locked. We will decide at our leisure the country for which they compete then."

Other German articles:
    http://www.t-online.de/sport/winters...n-partner.html

http://www.mdr.de/sport/andere_sport...massot100.html

French article in L'Equipe:
    http://www.lematin.ch/sports/depeche...story/20429914
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-30-2014 at 12:26 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I didn't see that coming.

vCash
    http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/...old-in-saitama

Not sure why it's hidden in the ladies free recap.

vCash
    And will they be skating for Germany or France?

Edited to add that the Ice Network article says they will decide later which country to represent.

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    And will they be skating for Germany or France?
    France since the French Federation is more likely to pay Steuer.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonita View Post
    Not sure why it's hidden in the ladies free recap.
    Icenetwork translated the quotes from German in the BILD article linked in post #1.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    At first I thought Savchenko was heading towards Suguri zone but Massot is a young and quite solid promising partner. I think that Olympic gold is almost completely unlikely (sorry Savchenko, you deserve it more than any other skater in the world for how much your skating has pushed the boundaries but it just wasn't meant to be) but they could potentially have a successful competitive career.

Considering how huge Popova/Massot's triple twist was, consider how much smaller Savchenko is, they might be capable of a quad.

Exciting times!

vCash
    Wow - she must really be the bionic woman. Hoping she can bring Massot up to her level - they'll make a very attractive couple on the ice. Excited to see their debut.

vCash
    Aliona sticking around makes my day . I agree Olympic gold in 2018 might be a tall order, but if they could somehow be medal contenders -and win another OM, I could see her approaching Rodnina levels of in pairs.

Resident Rude Brazilian
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    vCash
    Let's all hope he can survive her.
    If he skates around Aliona like he skated during this worlds, he won't last long
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

vCash

She went with THAT slippery little salamandar??!???

?@&$^@@@??!!!!!

Resident Rude Brazilian
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    vCash
    I guess she wanted a chance to shine
    No one would look at her if you were around.

vCash
    I wish her all the luck in the world! <3

vCash
    [QUOTE=Sylvia;4225012]BILD (German article) was the first to confirm the new partnership of Aliona Savchenko and Bruno Massot of France: http://www.bild.de/sport/wintersport...2096.bild.html

Entschulgigung sie mir bitte, aber das ist alles was ich sagen kann... oh.... nun deutschland ist nicht uber alles...... allons enfants de la patrie.

I wonder "under how many more flags" will this Ukranian skate....
    Last edited by Tinami Amori; 03-30-2014 at 06:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatepixie View Post
    I wish her all the luck in the world! <3
    I agree to the desire.
    Sächsische Zeitung about their plans http://www.sz-online.de/nachrichten/...r-2805505.html

vCash
    Could the German Fed refuse to release her or has they given the ok already?

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I'm pretty happy I get more of the fabulous Aliona, she could skate with Mitt Romney and I'd accept that.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Rule number 1 .... never trust "Bild Zeitung" its a tabloid and know for making up what they want.
    The more reliable papers state that they haven't decided yet for which country the want to compete and somehow I have my doubts that she will be able to get a french passport in a little over 3 years. And if the German Fed was the US or Russia they wouldn't release her until after the next Olympic Games

I am also a little bit shocked how easily she drops Robin and leaves his future / plans in limbo just to try and fail again at getting that Olympic Gold Medall. Jap I do not believe she will be getting that in Korea

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra_persch View Post
    Could the German Fed refuse to release her or has they given the ok already?
    I don't think they can refuse to release Savchenko if she's a French citizen, and I can definitely see her citizenship being expedited - it took Vanessa James about two years to get hers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra_persch View Post
    Rule number 1 .... never trust "Bild Zeitung" its a tabloid and know for making up what they want.
    The more reliable papers state that they haven't decided yet for which country the want to compete and somehow I have my doubts that she will be able to get a french passport in a little over 3 years. And if the German Fed was the US or Russia they wouldn't release her until after the next Olympic Games

I am also a little bit shocked how easily she drops Robin and leaves his future / plans in limbo just to try and fail again at getting that Olympic Gold Medall. Jap I do not believe she will be getting that in Korea
    I don't think she's dropping Robin. I was under the impression he was desiring to retire, in which case this is about her continuing with him not being an option.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast