Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    This. Also, the Italian dude who used to be a roller skater - part of the pair team. He is very appealing. And of the oldies, Gwendal Peizeret. He is probably my all time hottie favorite.
    I imagine that this is the dude you are referring to:
    http://www.spetteguless.it/2014/02/s...atore-azzurro/

:>)))

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ItalianFan View Post

Is he the male Katarina Witt?!

vCash
    Fabian Bourzat, Robin Szolkowy, Stephane Lambiel, Brian Joubert, Andrew Poje, Peter Tchernyshev, Luca Lanotte,

vCash

I can't believe I've never seen these pictures before... wow

vCash

NSFW...but I'm not at work!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Xela M View Post
    A really trashy thread List the most attractive (male) figure skaters past and present...
    Not trashy at all and actually much needed. I've only been a fan of figure skating less than a year but it seems the men take a very backseat in terms of being appreciated for their looks. The ridiculous difference in male and female costumes could also be a factor but that's a whole other subject.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carey579 View Post
    The ridiculous difference in male and female costumes could also be a factor but that's a whole other subject.
    I actually prefer it when male skaters wear something very simple. I find the over the top costumes tend to detract from a skater's good looks. Alexei Urmanov is a good example - such a handsome man, but usually looking ridiculous in some costume-from-hell extravaganza. Ilya Kulik's 1998 long programme costume was so bad it should have been marked down!

vCash
    I feel like the best looking guys are the pairs and ice dancer skaters anyways.

vCash
    Really?! He seems like a lovely guy any girl would want as a best friend, but he has zero sex appeal in my view
    Charlie imo peaked in terms of his looks during his teenage years up to his & Meryl's first senior year in 2006/7. Look at him in this video - so pretty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCAV-HewiBg

Then he grew out those signature curls and gained weight and I agree with you on the sex appeal.

But he is really charming and when he dances I can think of no other male on the planet. He's my absolute favourite, I'm obsessed!

vCash
    I actually prefer it when male skaters wear something very simple. I find the over the top costumes tend to detract from a skater's good looks. Alexei Urmanov is a good example - such a handsome man, but usually looking ridiculous in some costume-from-hell extravaganza. Ilya Kulik's 1998 long programme costume was so bad it should have been marked down!
    By difference I meant how the girls can wear anything - pants/shorts/skirts but the guys have to wear pants and pants only.

I guess figure skating reflects the wider world where men's fashion is very constricted while women can wear any shape/cut ever envisioned by the human mind.

I mean Fabian Bourzat (who btw is so hot) had to wear pants underneath his 'Shendyt' in the Egyptian FD in 2012 while Nathalie was wearing so little.

Maybe it also has to do with the chivalrous nature of society where the women are the pretty sex and men dress down for them to shine.

I think it's a pink elephant in the room situation where in a sport so campy, the men show very little skin while the women's underwear is visible for the world to see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by newbatgirl View Post
    Nikita Katsalapov in a tux is a sight to behold.
    Nikita Katsalapov in anything is a sight to behold I kept pausing the TV every time they did a close up on his face during the Olympics

Loved his Black Swan FD costume - something different within the constrictions of menswear, medieval Disney Prince-like and sexy. The tight leather(?) pants were a delight. Yet again very conservative compared to Elena's outfit which looked like a thong underneath her tutu.

Sue Barker really annoyed me though. She has a crush on Elena and has been saying for the entire season on their Black Swan FD - 'Nikita does his part but you cannot take your eyes off Elena'

Anyway Nikita is my new favourite - he's so handsome and the way he dances, imo he is the only guy that can replace Charlie as the ice dance king.
    Last edited by carey579; 03-31-2014 at 06:33 AM.

vCash
    I forgot Fabian Bourzat .) Ooh la la very hot

vCash
    Ice Dancers will usually be the sexiest
    Pair skaters will usually be the manliest
    Single skaters will usually be the cutest

And am i the only one here who wants to do Luca lanotte ?
    Last edited by Eladola; 03-31-2014 at 05:52 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladola View Post
    Ice Dancers will usually be the sexiest
    I agree. Usually they say that about the girls but it's true for the boys too.

I want to add Paul Poirier to my list. Now there's a classic face - Clark Kent on ice.

http://web.icenetwork.com/images/201...9/6rdfNvFk.jpg

vCash
    Nikita Katsalapov in anything is a sight to behold I kept pausing the TV every time they did a close up on his face during the Olympics

Loved his Black Swan FD costume - something different within the constrictions of menswear, medieval Disney Prince-like and sexy. The tight leather(?) pants were a delight. Yet again very conservative compared to Elena's outfit which looked like a thong underneath her tutu.

Sue Barker really annoyed me though. She has a crush on Elena and has been saying for the entire season on their Black Swan FD - 'Nikita does his part but you cannot take your eyes off Elena'

Anyway Nikita is my new favourite - he's so handsome and the way he dances, imo he is the only guy that can replace Charlie as the ice dance king.
    This!! I can't agree more

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyjosie View Post
    Thinking of some 20 years ago, I'd say Todd Eldredge in single men was really handsome (and, of course, one of my favourites back then. I guess you tend to like the ones most whose skating AND appearance suit your taste...).

I agree with you re: Todd. I still think he's a rather handsome guy (with gorgeous blue eyes), who has aged well. Love his skating and his demeanor on & off the ice.

Quote Originally Posted by RFOS View Post
    It "Taka" Daisuke Takahashi? It could also be Takahiko Kozuka or Takahito Mura. It's kind of like saying "D&S" back in the mid-2000s where it could have been Denkova & Staviyski, Delobel & Schoenfelder, or Domnina & Shabalin, just among the then-current elite ice dancers.
    I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear, here. Re: "Taka", I'm thinking of Takahiko Kozuka!

Additions to the handsome/good looking/cute guys - John Kerr (hot!), Javier (adorable), Jeff Buttle (cute), Stephane Lambiel (very cute/good looking), Paul Wylie (always thought he was very handsome, adore his skating, and still think he is reasonably good looking), Sergei Grinkov of blessed memory (very handsome)

vCash
    I can't believe no one has mentioned Denis Petrov, who, by the way, is ageing quite well.

Backstage SOI circa 2000: http://www.scratchspin.com/off-ice/0405540.jpg
    The abs: http://www.angelfire.com/ga/elenadenispix/soi9900.html (see 11th photo, c. Lisa McIntyre)

vCash
    Lambiel and Poje. Sigh.

My heart just melts watching them skate. I know Stephane's gay, but Poje isn't and that makes him even more attractive!

vCash
    I think Adam Rippon is better-looking than Max Aaron, but both are plucked and tweezed within an inch of their life and that's not a good look.

I agree that Joshua Farris is probably the most classically handsome of the current U.S. men.

The Italian pairs guy -- Matteo Guarise -- has a good 3/4 and side profile, but doesn't photograph well from the front, despite being a "model." I do have to say that John Zimmerman is still the modeliest (that's not really a word).

Brian Joubert and Fabian Bourzat have lost some of their looks with age but are still handsome, as is their countryman Morgan Cipres.

Platov has aged well, and so has Vadim Naumov.

I'd say Nikita Katsalapov is the most handsome guy in skating -- and Deividas Stagniunas like a slightly less handsome version lol.

vCash
    Maybe it also has to do with the chivalrous nature of society where the women are the pretty sex and men dress down for them to shine.

I think it's a pink elephant in the room situation where in a sport so campy, the men show very little skin while the women's underwear is visible for the world to see.

It's called the patriarchy. Women exist to look good for men, and their bodies are public property. A man's social worth does not derive from his physical attractiveness. Also, in a socially conservative world view, scantily clad male = gay = bad.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast