Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

vCash
    This is the newer thread I started as a follow up to this one: Confirmed as a new pair: Aliona Savchenko and Bruno Massot
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    How do you and Ingo look at the months in front of you? Starting from scratch with a different partner requires a lot of work… Are you ready for this?
    Aliona: Yes, we are both ready for this and we are hungry to start working.
    Ingo: First of all, Aliona and Robin will finish their career in the show “Imagine on Ice”, on 26th of April, in Chemnitz, a show which is already sold out. After that, I’ll start training the new team of Aliona and Bruno; first in Chemnitz and later we will go to Coral Springs, Florida, and start working together with Silvia Fontana and John Zimmerman, as we did in the last couple of years.

From what I know, you have to sit out for an amount of time before returning to international competitions with Bruno Massot… How do you plan using this time?
    Aliona: First, I will train with Bruno and see if it’s possible or not… Of course, we have to wait minimum one year to compete in international events, but we will need that time! I hope we’ll get the chance to skate in some shows to prepare for the future.

And yet from that same interview (dated April 16, 2014), it seems that S/S's last show together will be on April 26. So does that mean no All That Skate in Korea? Also, it sounds like Robin has already been dumped for future shows, and her show partner will also be Bruno going forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefan02 View Post
    How do you and Ingo look at the months in front of you? Starting from scratch with a different partner requires a lot of work… Are you ready for this?
    Aliona: Yes, we are both ready for this and we are hungry to start working.
    Ingo: First of all, Aliona and Robin will finish their career in the show “Imagine on Ice”, on 26th of April, in Chemnitz, a show which is already sold out. After that, I’ll start training the new team of Aliona and Bruno; first in Chemnitz and later we will go to Coral Springs, Florida, and start working together with Silvia Fontana and John Zimmerman, as we did in the last couple of years.

From what I know, you have to sit out for an amount of time before returning to international competitions with Bruno Massot… How do you plan using this time?
    Aliona: First, I will train with Bruno and see if it’s possible or not… Of course, we have to wait minimum one year to compete in international events, but we will need that time! I hope we’ll get the chance to skate in some shows to prepare for the future.

And yet from that same interview (dated April 16, 2014), it seems that S/S's last show together will be on April 26. So does that mean no All That Skate in Korea? Also, it sounds like Robin has already been dumped for future shows, and her show partner will also be Bruno going forward.
    O do think that if she is being serious about her competitive career with Bruno, she will have to stop skating with Robin. Every partner feels different, has slightly different technique, different timing of jumps and spins, different technique for twists and if she kept constantly readjusting, that could be a bit difficult. I am not saying that it is impossible to skate with someone else, but I do think that it can be confusing and she needs to get the muscle memory for one partner and then do it consistently that way, not keep constantly readjusting, otherwise it wouldn't be reliable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    O do think that if she is being serious about her competitive career with Bruno, she will have to stop skating with Robin. Every partner feels different, has slightly different technique, different timing of jumps and spins, different technique for twists and if she kept constantly readjusting, that could be a bit difficult. I am not saying that it is impossible to skate with someone else, but I do think that it can be confusing and she needs to get the muscle memory for one partner and then do it consistently that way, not keep constantly readjusting, otherwise it wouldn't be reliable.
    I agree. Just saying this seems to refute what some thought that she may be able to do both. I am surprised about All That Skate not being on the list of shows though, given it's already sold out with their names on the show listing.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456