Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I am not their fan but I don't dislike them the way some posters do. I am truly sorry that they had to withdraw due to his groin pull. I hope it's not serious and I hope they can come back strong next season.
    Yes. You are totally right!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge View Post
    TAHbKA posted this article in the GSD thread: http://www.rsport.ru/figure_skating/...741381539.html

Dmitri is apparently back on the ice and mending. Here's a quote with google translate:
    Does this mean that they are staying with Zhulin? Ugh!

They aren't my favorite team but I don't hate them at all and felt terrible for them this past season.

I think they should have stuck with the original birds program with the original music for last season instead of changing the FD every couple of months.
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    It certainly doesn't sound from the article like they are considering a change of coaches.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    It should be made official that if you win Olympic Team Gold, then you are referred to as "Olympic Team Champions."

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    I am glad he is back on ice, but hope he isn't pushing himself to return too soon. It is off-season, after all, and they can afford to take a little longer break if need be so he's fully healed for getting back to training. Hoping that they end up with better programs this year that aren't inspired by dreams brought on by eating too much spicy food at night!
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    They're my favorite team now that Tessa and Scott have retired

vCash
    Now that I&K have split, B&S will be Russia's Number 1 again. Hopefully they will get the support of their fed, since there is really no competition against them for at least a year or two.

vCash
    I really do like Bobrova and Soloviev, even if I poke fun at the Bird program sometimes I love their Madness FD and it was a shame it didn't have the same impact at the Olympics that it did at 2013 Worlds. I'm hoping for the best next season!

vCash
    We have to remember that it's not 100% official that I&K have split (or that V&M have retired) until it is publicly confirmed and the official paperwork is filed.

But if the above does happen, there will be a couple less teams standing in the way of the podium for B&S.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    It should be made official that if you win Olympic Team Gold, then you are referred to as "Olympic Team Champions."
    I dont agree. Olympic gold is Olympic gold, period. Dont like Soloviev and Bobrova but they will always be Olympic gold medalists. Sometimes the team gold is worth more than the individaul gold anyway (eg- Lipnitskaya vs Sotnikova). It depends how much you contributed, how great the performances were, and how celebrated your victory and your contribution to it is.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    I am glad he is back on ice, but hope he isn't pushing himself to return too soon. It is off-season, after all, and they can afford to take a little longer break if need be so he's fully healed for getting back to training. Hoping that they end up with better programs this year that aren't inspired by dreams brought on by eating too much spicy food at night!
    I have the impression from the google translation of the snippet of an article that Zhulin intends for Dmitri to rest up. Hopefully, that is the case.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...l=1#post915464

There is a long interview with Bobrova & Soloviev here.

The translation is by bing, so it is what it is.
    Last edited by DORISPULASKI; 04-16-2014 at 07:54 PM.

vCash
    I must admit I strongly disliked them, but they have grown on me. They come across as such nice, drama-free people who never complain or blame anyone and actually seem to like each other. It's almost like they're not Russian ice dancers I hope they do better next season and retain the Russian no1 spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post

There is a long interview with Bobrova & Soloviev here.

The translation is by bing, so it is what it is.
    TAHbKA has translated their latest interview: http://www.rsport.ru/interview/20140416/743096275.html
    Link to GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4241676
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Xela M View Post
    I must admit I strongly disliked them, but they have grown on me. They come across as such nice, drama-free people who never complain or blame anyone and actually seem to like each other. It's almost like they're not Russian ice dancers I hope they do better next season and retain the Russian no1 spot.
    I feel the same way with this team the more i watch their programs and their reactions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12