Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash

Bobrova & Soloviev Fans Clubhouse

I just needed a place to say,

AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGH!

What a season for Bobrova & Soloviev.

Well they are Olympic champions of course!

Can't believe they had to withdraw from Worlds due to injury. Anyone have any more information?

btw, don't like 'em? No hate here please. Just a request.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    I actually liked the free dance they performed at the Olympics. It was from last year, right? It was different. I do find myself straightening my back when I see her skate, but ice dance needs more different programs. I hope they come back next year.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Yes they went back to last year's Madness FD after the geese flew away. I think they skated it very strongly at the Olys.

Was hoping for a good result with it at Worlds.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Wishing them a fantastically different and better season next year. They both seem like very nice, hard-working people, and there is certainly room for different styles in ice dance; it doesn't always have to be about the perfect form, posture and toe point. Diversity is good for the sport, and I hope very much they come back strong and confident.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Russian-figure-skaters-Bobrova-and-Soloviev-to-miss-world-championships

Can't find much on the injury that caused them to withdraw; it doesn't sound serious, just sadly enough to knock them out of Worlds.

“Dmitriy hurt his inguinal ligament during today’s training, that’s why we have decided to miss the upcoming World Figure Skating Championships,” Zhulin said.

Quadless
    vCash
    Despite the disappointment of this season, I hope they can regroup and use their challenges this year to motivate them for next season and beyond. I think a first step would be a coaching change. At the beginning, Zhulin seemed to be a positive force, but after the shenanigans he pulled with their free dance this season I have no confidence in him at all.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    I am not their fan but I don't dislike them the way some posters do. I am truly sorry that they had to withdraw due to his groin pull. I hope it's not serious and I hope they can come back strong next season.

vCash
    It only seems fitting they'd have a clubhouse instead of a fan club or something else that's uber-traditional . Fingers crossed Dmitriy makes a quick & complete recovery and they come back to next season. With fowl-free programs.

vCash
    I am a fan of this team. I am gutted for them but wish him a speedy recovery. I wish them 2 kick butt programs next year!
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    They have come up with some really good programs. Like their 2011 SD & last years FD. I think they will come back much stronger next season.

vCash
    I hope his back injury isnt too serious. I am not that upset about them missing this year worlds, as I dont think they were ever medalling. As long as they are good to go next season where with better programs and coaching they can be contenders again maybe.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Cherub721 posted these over in the Worlds forum so I thought I'd repost over here. Photos from Ekaterina on her birthday.

http://instagram.com/p/mGVNTBBncF/#

http://instagram.com/p/mIRYxaBne_/#

Looks like she's not letting missing Worlds get her down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I am not their fan but I don't dislike them the way some posters do. I am truly sorry that they had to withdraw due to his groin pull. I hope it's not serious and I hope they can come back strong next season.
    I am not their fan yet but really want to be .I hope they have great material next season and
    As P/B and probably D/W have now retired I am currently without a favourite team .No other team has grabbed my total interest yet only Stepanova/Bukin

vCash
    I became a fan of theirs at SkAm 2012. They skated their Madness program there. I found they are one of those teams who are just so much better live than on TV. And they can really tell and sell a story. No one has to issue a long press release to explain a B&S dance, even when the story is as off-center as Hunted Birds. When you watch them, the storyline is clear. Of course, there is little reward for this is the IJS, but I really appreciate it.

What a sad, dreadful year they have had, and yet they do have a team gold medal. Best wishes to them for a better season next year.

vCash
    I really enjoyed their Madness FD, and hope they are able to hit their groove next season.

Ekaterina looks like she's having a great time at (Euro?)Disney World!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu View Post
    I

Ekaterina looks like she's having a great time at (Euro?)Disney World!
    Ekaterina has such a lovely bubbly personality.I think with the Paso SD next season they maybe should consider having a fun FD .it would be in contrast to the SD and show off her natural personality
    Their Sailor SD was such a hit maybe something similar.Not circus though

vCash
    I am sure with the recent drama around I&K, even if they stay together Bobrova & Soloviev are now back to being Russian #1. Whee!

Banned Member
    vCash
    I like Bobrova's personality. But I wouldn't want to be in a romantic relationship with her, she seems like the psycho jealous type.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    TAHbKA posted this article in the GSD thread: http://www.rsport.ru/figure_skating/...741381539.html

Dmitri is apparently back on the ice and mending. Here's a quote with google translate:

"Health is good, but the groin hurts - Zhulin replied to a question on condition skater. - He was out on the ice, skated very neatly on the other foot, I do not want to think, but I hope that in two weeks we will put a new program and until he (Solovyov) should lie down and heal all. "

vCash
    What wonderful news!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast