Cruder than you thought
    vCash

Missy Franklin wins Laureus Sportswoman of the Year award

I think it's worth a thread, as she is the youngest recipient and first swimmer ever to win the Laureus Sportswoman of the Year.
    The other nominees were German soccer player Nadine Angerer, Jamaican sprinter Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, Russian pole vaulter Yelena Isinbayeva, Slovenian Alpine skier Tina Maze and American tennis player Serena Williams.
    In addition, she just completed her first year of NCAA swimming at California at Nationals this past weekend. (She made a decision to give up huge to stay amateur and do 2 years of NCAA swimming and plans to go pro the year before Rio). Although she is the defending Olympic champ in the 100 and 200 back and the world record holder in the 200 back, she spent the year focusing on freestyle events, as her team has some strong backstrokers and didn't complete back at Nationals. She won Nationals in the 200 free and smashed the previous NCAA record by almost a second.

Congrats to Missy!
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Congrats to Missy, well deserved. I read the reports of her at Nats and she seemed like a great cheerleader for the sport. The articles said she was everywhere, cheering for teammates, posing for pics with competitors and talking to fans. And the fact she's sacrificing a lot of money to truly experience being a collegiate athlete is really impressive.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    i was hoping Ledecky was nominated though... she had a better year also..

vCash
    I dont understand the choice. She wasnt even the best swimmer of the year. Ledecky was. Missy is prettier and more glamarous though, and I guess a better face for the award.