Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    Putin?
    No way. Putin's country is doing very well in FS. No way he is going to destroy it. It has to be someone from outside of FS, or Speedy is just evil and cannot be contained by anyone.

vCash
    Unfortunately $peedy has enough pull among the ISU member feds that whoever replaces him will be whoever he chooses. IIRC Didier Gailhauget is the next in line - the head of the Frenchfederation and also a sleazeball. The only difference between him and $peedy is that Didier was a figure skater.
    So for any meaningful change to happen in the ISU, both $peedy and his minions have to be turfed. Getting rid of $peedy alone won't do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    Ugh, is there a way for us to oust him before them? Maybe we can start a petition!
    There's always http://www.change.org which Yuna fans used to protest the Sochi judging... A petition against these changes might not get as many signatures as the Yuna one, but it's something!

vCash
    Didn't Didier Gailhauget and the Japan skating Fed have some kind of disagreement in the past?

vCash
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Didier_Gailhaguet

So this guy was a central figure of 2002 Winter Olympics figure skating scandal...
    Is it really probable that this guy will become the next Cinquanta?
    Unbelievable..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ehdtkqorl123 View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Didier_Gailhaguet

So this guy was a central figure of 2002 Winter Olympics figure skating scandal...
    Is it really probable that this guy will become the next Cinquanta?
    Unbelievable..
    Yes! It seems that everything unseemly and underhanded ends up finding success in figure skating politics.

O-

vCash
    I'm all for it as long as the ISU also requires:

1. A compulsory figures segment for singles, worth sixty percent of the total score.
    2. That ladies wear hats and ankle-length skirts.
    3. That competitions are held on outdoor rinks.
    4. Skaters must either bring their own bands or skate without music.

Otherwise,

vCash
    $peedy has to be the biggest moron on the planet. Really this almost makes Didier look good in comparsion. And if you're looking for a conspiracy folks there it is.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronwynsings View Post
    There's always http://www.change.org which Yuna fans used to protest the Sochi judging... A petition against these changes might not get as many signatures as the Yuna one, but it's something!
    It's a start. Anything is better than doing nothing and feeling helpless and frustrated

YEAH!
    vCash
    In order to oust Speedy, someone would have to run against him. I thought he had run unopposed the last couple of times, so I guess the other federations have no problem with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    In order to oust Speedy, someone would have to run against him. I thought he had run unopposed the last couple of times, so I guess the other federations have no problem with him.
    Who can run against him? I am surprised that he does not have many haters, considering what he has done to FS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangoer View Post
    After reading his proposed changes and talking to some skaters it is obvious this guy is not making sense to anyone but himself! I don't know too much about speed skating but what he said sounded like it made no sense at all.

As for skating, I know they always want to save money and what not but simply taking a short program out will kill the sport. Junior and senior worlds could likely still be held together as is (USFSA just added junior nationals to nationals so it has to work!)

I was thinking what if we got rid of SD in ice dance- bring the pattern dance back (just one) and have a freedance with less required elements and emphasise the choreo more? And for pairs/freestyle judge the short program cop and the long program with 6.0? Then there would be some of the old beautiful skating we had under 6.0 but still some "objective" technical requirements. "Free" programs should after all be "free"!
    I like your ideas Tangoer. As for $peedy and his latest WTF clueless plans, what everyone here has been saying and then some! It is just so obvious that CoP has caused difficulties to figure skating in many ways and it needs fixin, but instead $peedy is attempting to make a bigger mess with a hammer. Oh yes, just get rid of the SP. Might as well rid ourselves of the skaters too like they do in the cruel Qual cut-offs. While he's at his latest dictatorial powermonger maniacal rampage, why not knock off some of the judges too! Since they're so ANONYMOUS, no one will miss them.

Okay $peedy, what with the actual basics of figure skating gone with few skaters practicing figures (which helps give them the proper edge technique for jumping, btw), yeah just go ahead and get rid of the SP too. What skating is all about and skating history is about might as well be sent down the drain (SP was created for a reason, btw). It will be just like throwing the baby out with the bath water such as when you threw out the 6.0 brand. It ought to tell TPTB in figure skating something when Madison Avenue has a recent ad selling a product with figure skating's 6.0 as the timeless well-known reference.

Yeah, I know $peedy, you don't have a clue what we're talking about. Truthfully, will someone or just a lot of people get together and put $peedy out of his misery, or rather get him to stop making everyone who cares about figure skating so miserable and the sport so sad and disappointing to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by giselle23 View Post
    Speedy made the short program redundant with IJS. Now he wants to administer the "coup de grace!"
    Exactly.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 03-27-2014 at 12:18 AM.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Just no words. Evil jerk.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Chinquanta specifically mentioned Korea being awarded with ice dance and pair slots as the host country for 2018, and people in Korea speculate that he is giving away the candy to mute the ongoing protest by the Korean Olympic Committee on the Sochi judging.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sk8 View Post
    & the comments about no other sports having more than one "event" are factually inaccurate. Examples include numerous track & field events like decathlon, etc. & gymnastics all around. .
    Yeah, Olympic dressage (IIRC three "programs" including the kur/musical freestyle) and oh, three-day eventing would like a word...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    I find the SP to be sort of redundant and am no longer sure what the point of if it is anymore. They need to seriously restructure it to make it more distinguishable from the LP or get rid of it.
    I agree, I think they should keep both the short and free skate but seperate the compeititons and have a winner for both segments. I always thought it was kind of stupid to have them skate once and a day or two later have a winner. With the team competition and two other ways to win, it would make for a better competition. Besides other sports do have more than one way to get a medal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amaro View Post
    Chinquanta specifically mentioned Korea being awarded with ice dance and pair slots as the host country for 2018, and people in Korea speculate that he is giving away the candy to mute the ongoing protest by the Korean Olympic Committee on the Sochi judging.
    and i will never doubt the ksu/koc will take that candy..

and why not just give the host country also an automatic ladies slot..

vCash
    It is best not to ague against change from a reactionary perspective. "It used to be so good in the old days, etc" because things always have to change unfortunately. My question is: will it be for the better or worse? The worst thing suggested is that judges stay anonymous! Everyone knows certain federations' judges consistently cheat! How can protecting their identities be of concern? It probably has kept federations from bullying some judges, but the selection of the judges hasn't changed enough. That should be the top priority on the IOC and ISU's agenda.

If they get rid of the SP (which would be terrible), they ought to consider eliminating the worthless team event. It looked mildly fun for the competitors, but there was no suspense and not enough viewer or fan interest to inspire federations to invest in all the disciplines.

vCash
    Since there wasn't any mention on Hersh's article, I'm kinda curious how S Korean media got the information about the automatic slot for host country. Is Chihee Rhee included in the members who received the mail from Chinquanta?

having a nice day
    vCash
    To simplify scoring make it "pass" or "fail."
    That could eliminate judges as the audience could determine that-thumbs up/thumbs down.
    Or maybe I've watched "gladiator" too many times lol
    Have a nice day!

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast