Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

vCash
    For further insight into the mind of Speedy, check out his columns in ISU newsletters (here's the most recent one). It's like he's writing a parody of himself.

As for his suggestions, of course other sports are based on more than one segment, anonymous judging sucks, and short programs are not a waste of time. Free programs are a waste of time, because they are no longer free. Change it back and make it more free, problem solved.

Combining junior and senior worlds might be nice for the skaters but a huge headache for organizers, and regardless I fail to see why that should be a goal. Most sports don't do that, and since it is so clearly Speedy's goal to be like other sports, that should be a paramount consideration.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    Eliminate Cinquanta before he eliminates skating.
    Agreed. I don't know how much power the individual feds have, but if they work together to get rid of this moron who has been destroying FS for years, perhaps it could be done. Aren't the feds that elect the ISU president?

vCash
    He should be eliminated. And then sent to American idol and eliminated for a second time because the shit deserves it.

Clueless American
    vCash
    He's gone cuckoo... his speed skating proposals are crazy too and you'd think he would at least make sense in his own sport!

vCash
    Does he have senile dementia?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Back during the 6.0 days, I would have been up in arms and protesting in anger. Now, I find the SP to be sort of redundant and am no longer sure what the point of if it is anymore. They need to seriously restructure it to make it more distinguishable from the LP or get rid of it. Even the SD has moved away from dancing and rhythms and become a canvas for couples to just do COP-recognized elements.
    I so agree with this.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fan View Post
    WTF is wrong with this man?
    I don't think I could say it any better.

vCash
    No, no, no. Yes the President of the ISU, Ottavio Cinquanta, wants to make the sport more manageable, but there is no popular future for a sport like figure skating when it eliminates artistry, reduces the competition to a single night of hurried jumping, and tries to manufacture some artificial team event.

ETA: I like the idea of them wearing uniforms in the national colors, complete with hoods to improve their jumps and speed. Cinquanta would love that.
    Last edited by TheIronLady; 03-26-2014 at 03:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Siouxs View Post
    Next he'll eliminate music and choreography and require everyone to perform their jumps in speed skate inspired national uniforms.

"In a sport with jumps surely there must be jumpsuits", he'd say.

Grimey Bastard.
    What about same music, same choreography, same costume and same elements.
    This too will pass away.

moving right along
    vCash
    This news is so depressing. Speedy has got to go. And he can take his anonymous judging with him.

Vacant
    vCash
    It's time that the skaters and the skating community as a whole- the ones who made this sport what it is and once was - stand up en masse to their federations and this idiot and just say NO! ENOUGH!! FECK OFF!!! He is certifiable
    Last edited by floskate; 03-26-2014 at 07:08 AM.

vCash
    The English speaking countries could form a skating union with their own rules and standards. The Europeans and Asians can join if they choose, but we know it's the end of the road for the ISU being of use to the sport.
    Last edited by TheIronLady; 03-26-2014 at 07:35 AM.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    This is the risk the ISU took by allowing him to stay passed the mandatory retirement ...

vCash
    Is the ISU broke? I ask this because the only possible rationale for submitting proposals like this is to cut costs. If the ISU has run out of money, then that alone is a testament to Cinquanta's complete and utter failure as President. Even if the ISU has run out of money, this is not the answer as it would completely destroy the sport. The solution is:-

1. Remove Cinquanta
    2. Bring back the 6.0 system
    3. Separate figure skating from speed skating by setting up a new governing body for figure skating
    4. Appointing somebody to run the sport who knows how to market it properly

If it is the case that the ISU is on the verge of financial collapse, then Cinquanta should just do the honourable thing and go. He has done enough damage already
    Last edited by Maofan7; 03-26-2014 at 07:41 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maofan7 View Post
    Is the ISU broke? I ask this because the only possible rationale for submitting proposals like this is to cut costs. If the ISU has run out of money, then that alone is a testament to Cinquanta's complete and utter failure as President. Even if the ISU has run out of money, this is not the answer as it would completely destroy the sport. The solution is:-

1. Remove Cinquanta
    2. Bring back the 6.0 system
    3. Separate figure skating from speed skating by setting up a new governing body for figure skating
    4. Appointing somebody to run the sport who knows how to market it properly

If it is the case that the ISU is on the verge of financial collapse, then Cinquanta should just do the honourable thing and go. He has done enough damage already
    Let ISU members *ANONYMOUSLY* vote the solutions seperately.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    Let ISU members *ANONYMOUSLY* vote the solutions seperately.
    Under the old 6.0 system, there was no anonymous judging. Hence, by bringing the 6.0 system back, that would get rid of that problem
    Last edited by Maofan7; 03-26-2014 at 09:13 AM.

Brezina's Nemesis
    Collecting papers to obtain status of a Goddess for Asli
    vCash
    I hate 6.0. CoP is better.

I also like SPs (apart from OD) much better than the LPs.
    In Soviet Russia, the skaters lobbychick YOU.

vCash
    It would take so much away from the competition aspect of the sport and make is far less exciting and interesting.

IMO it would pretty much ruin FS.

Why doesn't he just eliminate both figure skating and speed skating from the world of sport, since he seems to hate them so much? Take his final revenge on the boredom of having to go to all those competitions (hence the nose picking) and give all those medals, time and time again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by usethis2 View Post
    As has been pointed out many times, the system has less to do with fraud than fraudsters and their enablers.
    What part of "the crooked judges" did you miss?
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    What the actual hell!? Is he TRYING to make people stop watching the sport?
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast